You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - 3pm, Sat 16/09/17 - Just get the job done.

Trumo

Klopp should be criticised for the things he is getting wrong like our defensive problems, his use of subs...but i don't think he should get stick for the stuff with the fans.

He comes from a culture where the fans are loud and supportive all game - he knows no different.

It has to be a shock to him to stand in front of silence - especially as he was most probably fed the anfield atmosphere myth.

I get that and I get that just because a player passes it backwards they don't really warrant all the moaning that comes down from the stands but... he was really fucking aggressive with some of his yelling at the fans today and that's not on.

Probably right mate, but some / most of the fans frustration is down to the defensive problems and poor sub usage I was just trying to say (not very well reading it back) Klopp has more to worry about than the home fans booing or showing signs of frustration during games his gesture towards the crowd can sometimes give the impression "don't question the team". Anyway I don't think the fans will turn on Klopp and as you pointed out when it clicks our attack is up there with the best in Europe if not world football Klopp takes the credit for that.

He does - there is a growing danger though that the defensive problems, stubborness in terms of buying improvements to centre half position, use of subs and not grinding out results when we aren't mugging sides with that brilliant attacking play will start to become increasingly corrosive if it continues.

For all the good and there has been plenty of it and there has been progress it is nagging away at people that the issues holding us back aren't being resolved and arguably more worryingly aren't even really being looked at...

I get that and I get that just because a player passes it backwards they don't really warrant all the moaning that comes down from the stands but... he was really fucking aggressive with some of his yelling at the fans today and that's not on.

I had main stand tickets today but jibbed it - my mate who went in my place never mentioned anything but you and others have so clearly it is something that might be an issue

On Klopp's first day he talked about turning doubters into believers. Today he commented that it would have been typical of us to have conceded at the end.

Sadly, I fear we're slowly turning him into a doubter rather than the other way around.

Thing is though he gave everyone and any positivity a massive kick in the balls by not doing anything about the defence this summer.

Genuinely not trying to be a dick saying but he has contributed massively to the negativity that only continues to grow because people can see their fears about the defence becoming reality.

• Upvote 1

On Klopp's first day he talked about turning doubters into believers. Today he commented that it would have been typical of us to have conceded at the end.

Sadly, I fear we're slowly turning him into a doubter rather than the other way around.

something we manage to do to most managers im afraid 

Thing is though he gave everyone and any positivity a massive kick in the balls by not doing anything about the defence this summer.

Genuinely not trying to be a dick saying but he has contributed massively to the negativity that only continues to grow because people can see their fears about the defence becoming reality.

I don't disagree with you at all on that.

Not entirely. Not sure there's an argument against saying that we progressed last year. As we clearly did. Secured top 4 football. Played better on a more consistent basis, apart from a sticky spot around December and January. So, I don't entirely agree that the form we've shown early this season is reflective of a longer, two year period.

The aim this season should be to consolidate our top 4 position. Then, in the third season, push on again.

It's already looking like that may be a struggle. But, after 5 games last season, we had 10 points and there wasn't such doom and gloom. 8 points after 5 this season. A slight drop, but not to the extent that we should be writing off the season and callingfor the manager's head already. There's plenty of time to rectify a fairly poor start to the season.

No need to go full Everton just yet.

The difference last season after 5 games, was that we were on the road for our 10 points. Anfield wasn't finished. We're better on the road.

Secondly, our record against the other title contenders last season was impeccable.

After 5 games we've already been humiliated by City.

To be fair, It looks like Spurs have had a similar start to us - but I feel that Spurs after 2 second places in 2 seasons will also be on the slide THIS season, so keeping up with them doesn't fill me with confidence.

Our defence is the same as last season, which is shit. Our attack is so much better than last season.

So we are better because we have improved.

Results are not better yet...

Watford (a) 3 pts last season...1 pt this.

Palace (h) 0 pts last season.... 3 pts this.

Arsenal (h) 3 last ....3 this

City (a) 1 last.... 0 this

Burnley (h) 3 last... 1 this

We are two points worse off from the same games last season.

something we manage to do to most managers im afraid 

A great way to stop that happening is to do the simple, and more importantly obvious, things well.

Like buy a few good defenders when your defence is a fucking comedy.

And buy an athletic mobile powerhouse for the middle of the pitch to stop the fucking cavalry from time to time.

Our defence is the same as last season, which is shit. Our attack is so much better than last season.

So we are better because we have improved.

If only our competitors hadn't improved as well.

The others have improved.

Klopp deserves the shit if the defence continues to perform badly. 4 transfer windows and he has bought 1 first team player, 2 squad players. Fine, he wants to improve the players by coaching - but in 2 years he hasn't - it is not getting better.

And some fans are pissed off because they said it would happen if we didn't strengthen, we never and it has not improved.

However some fans are whining cunts who should fuck off. They whined when we won everything, they whine and they need to fuck off.

Moaning because we are not getting it forward i.e. 'twatting it up' and giving it straight back is tiresome and not helping. You'd be doing it if VVD was playing and Matic was in midfield. Don't hide behind the defensive issues, you atr just a whinging cunt.

That doesn't mean anything mate!

A great way to stop that happening is to do the simple, and more importantly obvious, things well.

Like buy a few good defenders when your defence is a fucking comedy.

And buy an athletic mobile powerhouse for the middle of the pitch to stop the fucking cavalry from time to time.

i agree with you mate 100% 

That doesn't mean anything mate!

Why doesn't  it mean anything? if anything it shows teams have improved whilst we have improved going forward we haven't improved defensively both City and Chelsea have, the mancs will always set up defensively aslong as Mourine is in charge and Tottenham already have a solid defence these are all our main contenders for top 4 only Arsenal haven't strengthened this summer and I think they will struggle for top 6 because of this we are now 2pts worse off than last season if we have a "dip" like last season those 2 pts will cost us top 4 every dropped point means something in the end weather its finishing 5 or 6th or 17th and 18th.

Why doesn't  it mean anything? if anything it shows teams have improved whilst we have improved going forward we haven't improved defensively both City and Chelsea have, the mancs will always set up defensively aslong as Mourine is in charge and Tottenham already have a solid defence these are all our main contenders for top 4 only Arsenal haven't strengthened this summer and I think they will struggle for top 6 because of this we are now 2pts worse off than last season if we have a "dip" like last season those 2 pts will cost us top 4 every dropped point means something in the end weather its finishing 5 or 6th or 17th and 18th.

It means nothing because it is a nonsense stat. We are not even playing them at the same stage. If this, if that, i think this, i think that. Isn't anything more than an opinion.

Fine. But that is it, nothing more. My opinion is that we have improved.