You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The fun thing about dipping in and out of this thread is laughing at whatever fictional flapdoodle you're obsessing about next. This one's good for a giggle. How long until you compress it into an acronym and shoehorn "MRM" into every other post?

Dipping in and out?  You’ve posted over 500 times!  Complete fraud.  

What is a woman? 

Should women be able to have single sex spaces?  

You wanted the links, you wanted the studies. So I provided them. 

Scottish parliament has just voted against an amendment to the GRA that would prevent convicted sex offenders from obtaining a GRC and being able to change their birth certificate etc.  

Whats point off a sex offenders register if you can just opt out? 

The reasoning is they don’t think sex offenders will exploit it.  

Interesting change to the law in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-64066938

UK Government haven't yet decided whether Scottish GRCs will be respected throughout the UK; so there's the potential for a person to be recognised as a man in Scotland, but as a woman in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Interesting times.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

UK Government haven't yet decided whether Scottish GRCs will be respected throughout the UK; so there's the potential for a person to be recognised as a man in Scotland, but as a woman in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Interesting times.

Luckily 

The idea that amendments to prevent sex offenders and those charged with sex offences from changing their legal sex were voted down shows you how captured the SNP and Greens have become.  

Another impact of the Scottish reforms is the removal of spousal consent.  That used to mean that when a man applied for a GRC if he was still married the award of the certificate would be delayed if the man’s wife wanted to get divorced.  Preventing a situation where the wife was forced into a same sex married.  Perfectly reasonable you’d think, the woman married a man after all.  Well that’s gone now.  The man’s right to ‘be a woman’ trumps everything else.  

Men’s rights movement. 

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I would’nt call it interesting tbh. It seems poorly thought out and the lack of preventative measures against convicted sex offenders is frightening for women.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Kevin D said:

I’m extremely proud of the bill that the Greens, Libs Dems, Tories and SNP United to pass.

Hopefully, we can now move onto the cost of living and public sector funding that also plagues our communities.

Very strange.  

What did you think about the voting down of the amendment that would have paused the process for a man accused of rape?  Or the voting down of the amendment that would have prevented convicted sex offenders from going through the process?  

Here’s Lisa Nandy putting the rights of sex offenders above those of women.  This will not play out we’ll come election time. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Very strange.  

What did you think about the voting down of the amendment that would have paused the process for a man accused of rape?  Or the voting down of the amendment that would have prevented convicted sex offenders from going through the process?  

Here’s Lisa Nandy putting the rights of sex offenders above those of women.  This will not play out we’ll come election time. 

That’s what I’m going to do, Rico.

I’m going to spend Christmas Eve debating trans rights with you.

I think that will be an excellent use of my time.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

That’s what I’m going to do, Rico.

I’m going to spend Christmas Eve debating trans rights with you.

I think that will be an excellent use of my time.

Women’s rights.  

Ok, let’s pick it up in the New Year.  Busy guy like you can’t be expected to answer difficult questions.   

I mean, I agree or I disagree take time. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Women’s rights.  

Ok, let’s pick it up in the New Year.  Busy guy like you can’t be expected to answer difficult questions.   

I mean, I agree or I disagree take time. 

You will present your view.

I will present my view.

We will look at each other’s opinions and thereafter change what we initially thought.

It will be an extremely productive use of time.

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

You will present your view.

I will present my view.

We will look at each other’s opinions and thereafter change what we initially thought.

It will be an extremely productive use of time.

Not now!  

Some people have changed their minds in this thread.  

And it’s only 2 questions - do you think the amendments suggested should have been voted down.  I don’t need any explanation, no reasoning, just the answer.  

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Not now!  

Some people have changed their minds in this thread.  

And it’s only 2 questions - do you think the amendments suggested should have been voted down.  I don’t need any explanation, no reasoning, just the answer.  

I think it was 100% right for the amendments to be voted down in a an overwhelming vote by Tories, SNP, Labour and Lib Dem MSP’s.

I must concede that I thought this be unfruitful, but I can see you now changing your mind and deferring to the wisdom of the Scottish Parliament; I was sceptical, but that really was an exchange of wit, wisdom and ideals worthy of Socrates himself.