You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton At Home 7.5.17

Cedric, Yoshida, Jack Stephens, Bertrand.

Those are the defenders you failed to trouble once Origi, Coutinho and Firmino!

Not defending our attack but they were protected by 5 players 5 yards in front of them. Saints had no interest moving from their 18 yard line. Why do teams with nothing to play for just turn up and try not lose? I'm not asking for a gimme,but for their own sake to be free to play a bit of ball with nothing at stake. Fucking hell we're the ultimate feast or the famine side aren't we.

only one really big game changing moment in that pile of shite today and for me we bottled it.

i appreciate people will disagree but milner should not have just stood there head down and allowed forster to do what he did - he handed forster the initiative in what is a mental battle.

he for me should stand up straight and tell forster to do one or laugh at him and tell him he is about to score or even push him away....he looked meek, small and shaken - goalkeeper then won the battle.

rest of team were just as passive allowing it...imagine a keeper doing that at real madrid or even man utd, chelsea etc.

it pisses me off badly that we are so fucking passive - whole team just stood and allowed it apart from cou who eventually came and told him to fuck off.

for me that is shite - i want to see aggression and some nastiness...imagine forster trying that shite on suarez for example!

people have said milner was just composing self - well ok if we say that then why didn't he walk away - the incident was in front of the spot you don't take your pen from there so if you are composing go back away from the keepers antics - either way do something rather than standing there letting another man tower over you getting in your head whilst you make self look even smaller with your head down.

"when you walk through a storm hold your head up high" not stand there looking beaten

• Upvote 1

Credit to them scummer bastards. they did a job. Forster is a boss keeper. Romeu is perfect for us. Our defence did well today but the rest had a 'last game of the season nothing to play for' head on. Glad to see Grujic in the side, he could be very handy. The new Biscan. Wave yer cock at them they wont know what to do. I'm sick of people giving Klopp down the banks though. he has what he has, the players didn't look arsed. he is and he is our best asset. Come on Arsenal and Man U, nil nil draw ta.

Surely that we didn't add to the squad in January when it was glaring to everybody else that we didn't have the squad to compete, was (partly) his responsibility.

funny as fuck that our managers pre match interview was mostly about how unfair it was that the media was targeting us as being bottlers when it came to playing the lesser teams and being under pressure

funny as eating horseshit for dinner 

Especially when the dropped points 'stat' can't exactly be argued with.

Changes made,bar gru, should have been the team that started. We were far far too conservative and at half time at least Lallana should have been on. We are too concerned bout the counter that we've forgot to play to our strengths,i.e. playing brave attacking football with brave attacking footballers. This one is on the manager for me. Fuck it anyway,2points from9 at home,UTTER GARBAGE

1gnZ9n3.jpg

Although I should know better I feel sick the stomach after watching that pile of shithouse wank.

only one really big game changing moment in that pile of shite today and for me we bottled it.

i appreciate people will disagree but milner should not have just stood there head down and allowed forster to do what e did - he handed forster the initiative in what is a mental battle.

he for me should stand up straight and tell forster to do one or laugh at him and tell him he is about to score or even push him away....he looked meek, small and shaken - goalkeeper then won the battle.

rest of team were just as passive allowing it...imagine a keeper doing that at real madrid or even man utd, chelsea etc.

it pisses me off badly that we are so fucking passive - whole team just stood and allowed it apart from cou who eventually came and told him to fuck off.

for me that is shite - i want to see aggression and some nastiness...imagine forster trying that shite on suarez for example!

people have said milner was just composinv self - well ok if we say that then why didn't he walk away - the incident was in front of the spot you don't take your pen from there so if you are composing go back away from the keepers antics - either way do something rather than standing there letting another man tower over you getting in your head whilst you make self look even smaller with your head down.

"when you walk through a storm hold your head up high" not stand there looking beaten

Foster saved the penalty because he guessed the right way... little to do with the 'mental battle'. Milner hit it well enough. It happens.

This one is definitely on Klopp. We know what teams like Southampton are going to do when they come here, and we'd already failed to find the net on 3 occasions against them this season. Each time, the problem was having a lot of possession but no tempo to our play. So to start with a midfield of Lucas, Can and Wijnaldum was never going to help us get in behind their defence. The players ahead of them have little space to work in so end up cutting inside and dropping deep, leaving us over-reliant on our full backs to provide an outlet in space. That Klopp persisted with it for so long was his second big error.

The thing is, EVERY single manager we've had since we last won the title has done shit like this. It's like no matter who's in charge, the same mistakes continue to be made. Regular ST holders who've been going to Anfield for years will be able to back me up on this.

Milner missing the penalty was no great surprise because that kind of shit always happens to us in games like likes. Hell, Gerrard has missed a few himself down the years in similar games.

We are now relying on results elsewhere to keep us in the mixer and that kind of thing never works in our favour.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Our players are playing for their Anfield careers, most know if we get CL this season they'll be out of a job!! How else can you explain the lack of effort for a whole 80 minutes, tippy tappy bollocks, to you, to me, to you. Fuck off!! Southampton can also fuck off, small time inbred bastards, disgraceful fucking performance by those cunts. Saying that, we only have ourselves to blame. We are so fucking turgid atm, Origi and Wijnaldum summed things up with their nondescript performances, I wouldn't start those pair of cunts in a red shirt again. Coutinho looked clueless most of the time today as did Can. 

Clean sheet though. 

Need a draw or Arsenal win now, if the Mancs win you can bet your arse that Spurs and Southampton roll over for the wankers. Saying that, I don't fancy our chances of getting all 6 points against West Ham and Boro. If we start with the same 11 against WH I might just shout a bit. Fucking clueless from top to bottom today. 

You can't blame Milner there, the team lacks any sort of creativity when everyone isn't fit. At this stage I'm not even surprised, I sort of expected it ten minutes into the game because nothing was different. Had we scored from the penalty it would have been the same thing as last week where the performance was whatever but a pretty bad diagonal by Lucas turned into something. I don't think starting Sturridge is a risk when the other option is Origi.

Also Grujic looked decent when he came on, strong in the air, held the ball up decently.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Brazilians produce fewer moments of magic than Paul Daniels and he's been dead for years.  Our best chances came when Sturridge and Lallana came on, though that's not saying much.  Lallana making space for Milner to make that cross, and playing through the middle for Sturridge were our best moves and best chances in a shite game.  

I'm fed up with the Brazilians - they're fucking shit against an organised defence, and neither of them will do what we need from them when they're having a poor game with the ball, and that is to do a bit of selfless running and pull the defence around to allow midfielders to run into space.  Useless.  

Fuck off with your Lallana love in, he was as shit as the rest in his small cameo, as was Sturridge. 

i appreciate people will disagree but milner should not have just stood there head down and allowed forster to do what he did - he handed forster the initiative in what is a mental battle.

people have said milner was just composing self - well ok if we say that then why didn't he walk away - the incident was in front of the spot you don't take your pen from there so if you are composing go back away from the keepers antics - either way do something rather than standing there letting another man tower over you getting in your head whilst you make self look even smaller with your head down.

Aren't you tired of peddling the same shtick after every match? We get it, you think the players are pussies, give it a rest. 

Some serious amateur psychology there.

The penalty was fine, the save excellent, there's absolutely no evidence Forster's antics had any effect.

• Upvote 1

Milner didn't hit a bad pen, Forster's a fucking giant and always going to save his fair share

They didn't really threaten our goal and we managed not to gift them a winner. The fact that our players aren't good enough to pick a way through a well organised defence doesn't mean they're bottlers. We had our chance to win and our luck was out. A point may well be crucial and get us top 4 anyway

Not defending our attack but they were protected by 5 players 5 yards in front of them. Saints had no interest moving from their 18 yard line. Why do teams with nothing to play for just turn up and try not lose? I'm not asking for a gimme,but for their own sake to be free to play a bit of ball with nothing at stake. Fucking hell we're the ultimate feast or the famine side aren't we.

Half of the teams in the league would play that way against a top side, which we aspire to be. They were up against average players, and at no point did we trouble them for the time they were on the pitch at the same time.

Foster saved the penalty because he guessed the right way... little to do with the 'mental battle'. Milner hit it well enough. It happens.

as i said people will disagree...milner didn't get it anyhwere near a corner so was a comfortable enough save once he is going right way.

i just can't stand seeing a player not stand up to something like that - as i said what would a suarez do or horrible bastards like real madrid...ramos et al would be all over forster and then who is unsettled?

as i said people will disagree...milner didn't get it anyhwere near a corner so was a comfortable enough save once he is going right way.

i just can't stand seeing a player not stand up to something like that - as i said what would a suarez do or horrible bastards like real madrid...ramos et al would be all over forster and then who is unsettled?

Suarez brilliant player that he is, misses more penalties than James Milner.

The Brazilians produce fewer moments of magic than Paul Daniels and he's been dead for years. Our best chances came when Sturridge and Lallana came on, though that's not saying much. Lallana making space for Milner to make that cross, and playing through the middle for Sturridge were our best moves and best chances in a shite game.

I'm fed up with the Brazilians - they're fucking shit against an organised defence, and neither of them will do what we need from them when they're having a poor game with the ball, and that is to do a bit of selfless running and pull the defence around to allow midfielders to run into space. Useless.

Disagree about 90% with this. No need to start the fixing on the few parts already working.

Coutinho had a poor game today, that's on him and the fact that there are no quality movement in front of him.

Our players are playing for their Anfield careers, most know if we get CL this season they'll be out of a job!! How else can you explain the lack of effort for a whole 80 minutes, tippy tappy bollocks, to you, to me, to you. Fuck off!! Southampton can also fuck off, small time inbred bastards, disgraceful fucking performance by those cunts. Saying that, we only have ourselves to blame. We are so fucking turgid atm, Origi and Wijnaldum summed things up with their nondescript performances, I wouldn't start those pair of cunts in a red shirt again. Coutinho looked clueless most of the time today as did Can. 

Clean sheet though. 

Need a draw or Arsenal win now, if the Mancs win you can bet your arse that Spurs and Southampton roll over for the wankers. Saying that, I don't fancy our chances of getting all 6 points against West Ham and Boro. If we start with the same 11 against WH I might just shout a bit. Fucking clueless from top to bottom today. 

But they're not.   The same old dross will be on the pitch next Season baring Lucas who actually had a good game and Sturridge who we've known is gone.

Mixture of both for me.

The players weren't good enough.

But, while it's not a Klopp Out rant, you've got to place some blame on the manager.

Not overly annoyed by the starting line-up. Lallana and Sturridge maybe could've started. But, we are second guessing Lallana's fitness. Klopp knows more about that than we do. Sturridge. I don't know. He showed a few glimpses and more than Origi, which wasn't hard. But, there were still times when you could tell he's not the player he was and that his movement and ability to run was laboured.

But, in terms of changing the game from the bench, a lot lies with Klopp. Firstly, you can say he left the changes too late. Secondly, you can also question if they were the correct changes. It's ridiculous that we spent the entire 94 minutes plus trying to play through the middle of Southampton. The subs did little to change that. I'd have looked at one of Moreno or TAA in the 3 behind the striker. Maybe both. Maybe even Milner on the right. Don't go full alehouse, but get a bit of width and fizz some crosses in. Win corners. Hope for a nicely falling second ball in the box. Make Southampton defend facing their own goal a bit. Maybe they'll slice one in themselves. We didn't do that enough. And it was largely comfortable for the Southampton defence. Holding a line on the edge of their own box and not getting turned around. Then they had the comfort of Davis and Romeu offering a shield in front of the back four too. And we persevered in trying to thread the perfect ball through it. Utterly baffling.

Individual wise, Mignolet, Lovren, Matip and Lucas were okay. Can't grumble about Grujic or Lallana, because of fitness. Glimpses from Sturridge. But, nowhere near good enough from the rest.