You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deadpool 2017 (Proper)

Fowlers God

"Has there ever been a more apt and succinct representation of middle aged male angst committed to film than in the scene where a flustered and bewildered Bob (Rodney Bewes) finds himself hemmed into the corner of a fashion boutique waiting for his wife, Thelma to finish trying on a frock? All around him are beautiful, younger and utterly unobtainable women in various states of undress. He tries not to look, but he cannot help it, his eyes are drawn. Tellingly, they barely register his presence at all. When Thelma (Bridget Forsyth) finally appears chunnering away as she seeks an opinion on the frock she is wearing, all Bob can do is stand there, seemingly oblivious to her repeated "Well, what do you think?" A faraway, disillusioned and saddened look appears in his eye as he utters the immortal line "I couldn't give a shit."

Well has there? That is the middle aged male angst in microcosm. I defy you to find a finer example.

Oh wait....

"In the chocolate box of life the top layer's already gone, and someone's pinched the orange creme from the bottom"."

• Upvote 1

"Has there ever been a more apt and succinct representation of middle aged male angst committed to film than in the scene where a flustered and bewildered Bob (Rodney Bewes) finds himself hemmed into the corner of a fashion boutique waiting for his wife, Thelma to finish trying on a frock? All around him are beautiful, younger and utterly unobtainable women in various states of undress. He tries not to look, but he cannot help it, his eyes are drawn. Tellingly, they barely register his presence at all. When Thelma (Bridget Forsyth) finally appears chunnering away as she seeks an opinion on the frock she is wearing, all Bob can do is stand there, seemingly oblivious to her repeated "Well, what do you think?" A faraway, disillusioned and saddened look appears in his eye as he utters the immortal line "I couldn't give a shit."

Well has there? That is the middle aged male angst in microcosm. I defy you to find a finer example.

Oh wait....

"In the chocolate box of life the top layer's already gone, and someone's pinched the orange creme from the bottom"."

Sad that he's gone, but that made me laugh like hell, cheers

Ah bugger, Rodney Bewes.

My work colleague told me that James Bolam fell out with him and hadn’t spoken to him for about 40 years even avoiding a reconciliation when told that he was dying.

I just can’t get my head round that kind of pride and stubbornness

Seems like a miserable bastard to be honest.

Apparently Bolam fell out with him after an interview Bewes did. Then proceeded not to allow any re-runs of The Likely Lads, apparently they both had to agree, where they got that power I don't know. Obviously Bolam had enough money, Bewes didn't. Even dying Bolam wouldn't budge.

Remember reading about 5 years ago that Bolam was on his death bed. Obviously not.

He was a slimy looking cunt when he was young.

Two of my aunties will be in mourning over David Cassidy, can still picture the posters and the continuos playing of the same record.

One nearly lost the plot when Marc Bolan died, god help us when David Soul goes.

Don't give up on her baby.

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke

gonna guess because he was under 50

Some terminally ill people can live for years!

Correct. 

I've updated the spreadsheet as far as I can and will post later in the hope the outstanding picks are done.

The following posters have 1 outstanding pick.

Jack the Slipper

Special K

SD

Babb'sburstnad