You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Laugh all you want. It's not my problem if you don't understand such a concept. Which you indulge in frequently yourself.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Like when you said you were for Brexit in a long post before realising which account you were using before saying it was a mistake?

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Like when you said you were for Brexit in a long post before realising which account you were using before saying it was a mistake?

Stop lying. We've already dealt with this, Enoch.

For additional clarity, what happened isn't anything like what you suggest.The post itself was clearly written in a way that suggested I voted remain. Everything in the post suggested that. In the same post I mistakenly typed "leave." Mistakes happen. Your conception, par example.

There was no attempt to portray a different personality. I simply made a mistake on ONE word.

So, stop misrepresenting what happened and be off with you to harass some Muslims instead.

Stop lying. We've already dealt with this, Enoch.

For additional clarity, what happened isn't anything like what you suggest.The post itself was clearly written in a way that suggested I voted remain. Everything in the post suggested that. In the same post I mistakenly typed "leave." Mistakes happen. Your conception, par example.

There was no attempt to portray a different personality. I simply made a mistake on ONE word.

So, stop misrepresenting what happened and be off with you to harass some Muslims instead.

Post the link

Got any more details? There's loads of donations I've got issues with.

Just browsing the electoral commission website. Actually, hundreds of thousands was a clear mistake on my part, it’s 40k from Chinn - hundreds in total individual donations.

Cash for influence is an age old notion, it’s obviously not so clear what kind of guarantees are given in return nor how it pertains to the factional struggles within labour. It’s a murky old world. I’m not ashamed to admit I’m out of my depth in this particular area.

• Upvote 2

To be fair, Chinn does also donate to a Labour MP who is a member of the Labour Friends Of Palestine group.

But, does the bigger question warrant scrutiny? Of course. The internet is full of pieces alleging that British politicians are influenced by - or "in the pockets of" - big business or Saudi Arabia. Even Russia. There's a distinct lack of "anti..." counter-allegations to try and shut down these claims though.

Just browsing the electoral commission website. Actually, hundreds of thousands was a clear mistake on my part, it’s 40k from Chinn - hundreds in total individual donations.

Cash for influence is an age old notion, it’s obviously not so clear what kind of guarantees are given in return nor how it pertains to the factional struggles within labour. It’s a murky old world. I’m not ashamed to admit I’m out of my depth in this particular area.

Imagine if you’d not been asked for proof. We’d never know your numbers were fucking miles out.

Can't we come to some sort of agreement in politics threads, where we if we post a link we can give the reason we are sharing it? Whether it's your opinion on the contents or what you think about it, it would really help.

I normally do, but I was on the bus and only had time to post a link. I saw it on a politics forum.

• Upvote 1

Just read about the founder of Campaign Against Antisemitism appearance on Sky News.

He was asked what needed to be done to solve the antisemitism problem. His reply was:

"The only way is for Corbyn to completely withdraw from public life."

The mask is very publicly slipping.

On that note, this "Honourable Member for Tel Aviv" allegation. If the issue really is entirely about antisemitism and there's no agenda at play, given that real antisemitism is a horrid thing that needs to be stamped out, why is this "Labour Party source" not prepared to forego their anonymity to help substantiate their claims? They're stronger claims with a name and face behind them. Does that person value their reputation and position more than tackling antisemitism? Or are the claims empty ones that are easy to disprove, so that nobody is willing to put their arse on the line by stepping up to the plate?

It'll be quite interesting to see the recent leaving/joining membership numbers for Labour.

From Twitter/Facebook etc,there seems to be a fair few people reacting to the "antisemitism scandal" by joining the party as they view it as an attempt to remove Corbyn and want to ensure that doesn't happen.

Might gain a few gullible racists from UKIP as well.

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2018/08/06/a-major-campaign-founder-brags-about-weaponising-antisemitism-to-banish-jeremy-corbyn-from-public-life/

Fucking hell. The guy admitted on live TV that it’s find to weaponise anti-semitism issues for his own political gains.

This is an unfounded attack on Mr. Sacerdoti. His sole interest is to bravely fight antisemitism.

Said nobody.

Ever.

http://www.newleftproject.org/index.php/site/article_comments/who_is_jonathan_sacerdoti_the_bbcs_go_to_man_on_gaza