You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I dont think Corbyn would stand against the Labour candidate as an independent. No doubt they will still talk about him when he is completely out of Westmonster

The word 'cult' perhaps need to be bandied around for the current management as it was the previous, when factions of both would tell you otherwise. 

Still, the public gets what the public wants.  They can all go and fuck themselves. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Imagine being the type of person whose first thing to do is question why a prominent politician is attending an anti-racism demo just to try and score a petty point. 

Presumably mps should only concern themselves with what's happening in their own constituencies and ignore what's happening in the country?

7 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

I dont think Corbyn would stand against the Labour candidate as an independent. No doubt they will still talk about him when he is completely out of Westmonster

The word 'cult' perhaps need to be bandied around for the current management as it was the previous, when factions of both would tell you otherwise. 

Still, the public gets what the public wants.  They can all go and fuck themselves. 

I think a lot will depend on his constituents. 

Looking at the comments here about Corbyn standing as an indy or not, I guess no-one has seen this, where Abbott (who knows him politically about as well as anyone) insists he wont. 

She also says that he's a Brexiteer, and always has been. Something I personally never found surprising, although others might.

edit: seems she doesn't refer to him standing in that clip. Maybe I saw another one, or maybe I imagined it.

Edited by Jack the Sipper

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Looking at the comments here about Corbyn standing as an indy or not, I guess no-one has seen this, where Abbott (who knows him politically about as well as anyone) insists he wont. 

She also says that he's a Brexiteer, and always has been. Something I personally never found surprising, although others might.

To me there is a difference between someone who is mistrustful of the eu but still values close links to Europe and johnsons insane version of still believing blighty rules the waves and the rest of the world will bend over to do deals with us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

To me there is a difference between someone who is mistrustful of the eu but still values close links to Europe and johnsons insane version of still believing blighty rules the waves and the rest of the world will bend over to do deals with us.

Of course. I wouldn't imagine for one minute that his view of a Britain outside of the EU is anything like the deregulation free-marketeers on the right. It's still an uncomfortable fact, though, that on the biggest issue facing this country in a generation the Labour membership as a whole elected a Brexiteer to fight the Remain cause. 

16 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

London tonight. Vigil for Brianna Ghey.

Fucking insensitive morons.

I absolutely support the vigils taking place for her, but to use one to shout abuse at Starmer? For what exactly? His hateful anti-trans rhetoric.? For not intervening when he saw her getting stabbed?

Or for getting shot of Corbyn today? 

13 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Of course. I wouldn't imagine for one minute that his view of a Britain outside of the EU is anything like the deregulation free-marketeers on the right. It's still an uncomfortable fact, though, that on the biggest issue facing this country in a generation the Labour membership as a whole elected a Brexiteer to fight the Remain cause. 

Even if they would have elected an ardent remainer,surely they would have still lost the likes of the red wall fuckwits.?

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I absolutely support the vigils taking place for her, but to use one to shout abuse at Starmer. For what exactly? His hateful anti-trans rhetoric. For not intervening when he saw her getting stabbed?

According to the twitter sages it's more about him not coming out and saying anything about her murder?

I'm with you though.. its supposed to be a vigil.

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Free wifi would be massively important for the people that couldn't afford it of course. 

Yes, and if the policy was to cover the cost of internet for those who couldn’t afford it, it would have been a much better policy in my opinion. It wasn’t though, hence the criticism. Though, as a nasty Tory sort of course, I prefer to redistribute wealth from the wealthiest to those that need it most. I don’t like the idea of either taxing people through income, VAT, NI or, as with the 2019 plan, through accumulation of billions debt and then paying for things like internet for people earning lots of money. 

9 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I absolutely support the vigils taking place for her, but to use one to shout abuse at Starmer? For what exactly? His hateful anti-trans rhetoric.? For not intervening when he saw her getting stabbed?

Yeah, it’s fucking weird. Some people just don’t have a clue. Most of those will likely have no idea why they’re repeating that. 

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

According to the twitter sages it's more about him not coming out and saying anything about her murder?

I'm with you though.. its supposed to be a vigil.

The fact it's a vigil just compounds their stupidity. He's a lawyer, the ex-head of the CPS. He knows better than anyone that he, as the leader of a political party, can't pass comment on an ongoing murder case. To comment on this case now, over other unsolved murders, could only be because she's trans. So to do so would be him implying that he believes that was a factor, which isn't proven yet, and could prejudice a trial.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. In what way am I posh? You say it but never back anything up. You’re just a filthy liar. I’m not hurt by anything you say, I just think you’re a disgusting subhuman. 

Go watch some Klingons whilst sipping beans from a ludicrously overpriced coffee machine yer blert.

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

The fact it's a vigil just compounds their stupidity. He's a lawyer, the ex-head of the CPS. He knows better than anyone that he, as the leader of a political party, can't pass comment on an ongoing murder case. To comment on this case now, over other unsolved murders, could only be because she's trans. So to do so would be him implying that he believes that was a factor, which isn't proven yet, and could prejudice a trial.

Honestly mate, I’m done with them all. It’s baying mob idiocy. There’s so many people who have a hateful mix of ignorance and arrogance. Of course, you could sit each one down and go through Starmer’s career and tell them about the pro-bono cases and show why he was knighted for it, but it’s pissing in the wind. Truth is just not important to so many people now. 

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Go watch some Kling ons whilst sipping beans from a ludicrously overpriced coffee machine yer blert.

So nothing then, just more blownhard nonsense. Nothing except that I once said that I wanted a nice coffee machine? 

Dirty lying garbage human.