You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

22 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

What fantasy world is this. It has been tried. Corbyn failed at doing that and when he tries this, it was shown that he was responsible for a party of unlawful harassment and discrimination. No, singing kumbaya isn’t going to work any more. Certainly not if the one needed to show some remorse and contrition disputes the findings and says it’s overblown and doesn’t apologise. No. Those responsible need dealing with, those who talk of breaking away need to be brought to heel or getting rid of. Make no mistake, this is Corbyn and his team’s mess. 

Firstly, don't let these lies take hold: Corbyn did (after the report and many times previously) show remorse and contrition and apologise for the real-life anti-Semitism in the Labour Party; he disputed some - not all - of the EHRC findings; it was not "shown that he was responsible for a party of unlawful harassment and discrimination"; the report shows that the handling of complaints about anti-Semitism improved when the anti-Corbyn General Secretary was replaced by a Corbyn ally and that (in most cases) when "Corbyn and his team" got involved it was to speed up the process and strengthen the penalties; and Corbyn did not say that the EHRC report was "overblown".

Stop making shit up.

If you think it's right to "deal with" the Left of the party, then, fine - that's yourview. But don't pretend that picking that fratricidal fight is "healing".

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Firstly, don't let these lies take hold: Corbyn did (after the report and many times previously) show remorse and contrition and apologise for the real-life anti-Semitism in the Labour Party; he disputed some - not all - of the EHRC findings; it was not "shown that he was responsible for a party of unlawful harassment and discrimination"; the report shows that the handling of complaints about anti-Semitism improved when the anti-Corbyn General Secretary was replaced by a Corbyn ally and that (in most cases) when "Corbyn and his team" got involved it was to speed up the process and strengthen the penalties; and Corbyn did not say that the EHRC report was "overblown".

Stop making shit up.

If you think it's right to "deal with" the Left of the party, then, fine - that's yourview. But don't pretend that picking that fratricidal fight is "healing".

Wow. Well, at least the true colours have come out. Before dealing with the rest of the mindless bollocks you’ve just typed, can you please show where he apologised after the report. Then I’ll move on the the rest of your utterly self-delusional bollocks. 

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Might want to read the replies to that one. He was ‘joking’. 

The replies are pretty much standard. Starmer is being called an apologist for Islamic extremism. These people on twitter are fucking mental. 

Was it actually an attack on a synagogue or just near one? The timing of these recent attacks doesn't half play into the hands of certain quarters. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Was it actually an attack on a synagogue or just near one? The timing of these recent attacks doesn't half play into the hands of certain quarters. 

I honestly don’t look any more. It’s depressing as fuck. There was a terrible one in Kabul with loads of uni kids killed. I read half the headline and scrolled away. It’s awful. 

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I honestly don’t look any more. It’s depressing as fuck. There was a terrible one in Kabul with loads of uni kids killed. I read half the headline and scrolled away. It’s awful. 

Yeah same. I was following it a bit on twitter last night but I don't want to read the reports today. Came across a video of some fella being shot and it just makes me sick. An absolute cunt of a world we live in. I haven't got any kids yet and I honestly don't think I want to. It just gets worse and worse year on year. I'm sure shit like this has always gone on but with the internet and direct access to anything in the world it just makes it all the more grim. Maybe I should stay off twitter. I'm on a week ban for calling a tommy robinson supporter a fat ugly bitch. Might just finally give up on it. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah same. I was following it a bit on twitter last night but I don't want to read the reports today. Came across a video of some fella being shot and it just makes me sick. An absolute cunt of a world we live in. I haven't got any kids yet and I honestly don't think I want to. It just gets worse and worse year on year. I'm sure shit like this has always gone on but with the internet and direct access to anything in the world it just makes it all the more grim. Maybe I should stay off twitter. I'm on a week ban for calling a tommy robinson supporter a fat ugly bitch. Might just finally give up on it. 

Yeah, I use Twitter very, very sparingly. It’s the perfect recipe for disinformation. It’s full of confirmatory bias, selective linking and arguments, and generally a paradise for logical fallacies that drive many people to thinking something other than objective reality. Somebody, who will sure as shit think they wouldn’t be swayed, who follows a load of pro-Corbyn people will start parroting what they say. Follow only anti Corbyn people and they’ll start thinking he’s an antisemite, radical pro-terrorist nut job. Seriously, people should set up a couple of twitter accounts and experiment. It’s surprising how susceptible ‘you’ actually are to this. I tried it and it’s fucking difficult. It’s tough because the ones spouting it think they’re doing the right, just, moral thing. You can see it on here very often. On both sides. 

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Unfortunately they never get a voice in the mainstream media the way their opponents do. Absolutely disgraceful, not to mention the shithouse response from the BBC when confronted with the recording of the conversation. 

Yeah have noticed it too as this has gone on, just constant one-sided bullshit and I think a fair number of left wing Jews have often been fearful of speaking out because of getting threats of voilence like what was in that article. I think it shows how weak their position has been when they've had to resort to crap like that to try and silence alternative views on the subject.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

How do you keep coming back from bans? Do you have to set up a new email address to re-register, or can you set up a new Twitter account with the same email?

(Asking for a friend... who got drunk and told George Osborne to fuck off and die.)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

How do you keep coming back from bans? Do you have to set up a new email address to re-register, or can you set up a new Twitter account with the same email?

(Asking for a friend... who got drunk and told George Osborne to fuck off and die.)

Just say up a new email but I've had to use different mobile numbers the last few times so I've used my mums months ago and our kids recently. I'm not banned at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Wow. Well, at least the true colours have come out. Before dealing with the rest of the mindless bollocks you’ve just typed, can you please show where he apologised after the report. Then I’ll move on the the rest of your utterly self-delusional bollocks. 

The "true colours" are what they always were: I get annoyed by lies.

I'll grant you one point, though: I don't think Corbyn has apologised since the EHRC report (although he did many times when he was Leader and he has expressed regret and remorse since the EHRC report).

Now that's out of the way, any chance you could find some facts to back up the lies I called out? And then don't forget to tell us how some people exist in bubbles and are only able to see things that confirm their opinions. 

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The "true colours" are what they always were: I get annoyed by lies.

I'll grant you one point, though: I don't think Corbyn has apologised since the EHRC report (although he did many times when he was Leader and he has expressed regret and remorse since the EHRC report).

Now that's out of the way, any chance you could find some facts to back up the lies I called out? And then don't forget to tell us how some people exist in bubbles and are only able to see things that confirm their opinions. 

Thanks for reminding me that Phil Collins didn't make the greatest male solo knockout stages you fucking rats 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just say up a new email but I've had to use different mobile numbers the last few times so I've used my mums months ago and our kids recently. I'm not banned at the moment. 

I had two accounts on the same email: one for me and one on behalf of my union branch. Getting my personal one banned was a pain in the hole, but they've left the union one active, so I have to be a bit careful. 

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I had two accounts on the same email: one for me and one on behalf of my union branch. Getting my personal one banned was a pain in the hole, but they've left the union one active, so I have to be a bit careful. 

Don't go on twitter with alcohol in your system. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've got a Twitter account (I don't post, it's just for ease of browsing), and didn't have to give my phone number.