You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

We're fucked aren't we.

Look at some of the names being connected with our supposed rivals. And then we hear we might scrape together enough to buy some bloke from Southampton. Fuck this, the club needs to be sold if we're going to start competing.

Does anyone really think Klopp will stick around with under-investment from our owners? I fucking detest the amount of money in the game these days but if we don't join in and get with the programme we're going to be left behind. 

Cunt football.

• Upvote 2

The itks are saying we have agreed a fee while the reliable journos are saying we are not interested, Klopp has apparently stopped the leaks.We knew about Matip weeks before he signed, same with Grujic, known about Gotze for months and knew about Karius a few weeks before it happened.I love LFC fans logic.

The itks are saying we have agreed a fee while the reliable journos are saying we are not interested, Klopp has apparently stopped the leaks.We knew about Matip weeks before he signed, same with Grujic, known about Gotze for months and knew about Karius a few weeks before it happened.I love LFC fans logic.

Stopped what leaks? There haven't been transfer leaks coming out of Liverpool for years now. How these ITK-wannabe bullshitters on Twitter have any sort of following by this point is beyond me.

• Upvote 2

Klopp will have his targets, and he will have back up choices and the owners need to back him, no excuses. We will have to wait and see but I cannot believe Klopp came here without assurances over spending.

Once again as most know getting the right player and not the most expensive is what matters. That said however a major signing would lift the place obviously. Jurgen knows.

Yer mutter....

We're fucked aren't we.

Look at some of the names being connected with our supposed rivals. And then we hear we might scrape together enough to buy some bloke from Southampton. Fuck this, the club needs to be sold if we're going to start competing.

Does anyone really think Klopp will stick around with under-investment from our owners? I fucking detest the amount of money in the game these days but if we don't join in and get with the programme we're going to be left behind. 

Cunt football.

My thoughts entirely, Linked with a bunch of nobody's and resorting to slagging off Arsenal for buying Vardy. Add to that lots of rumours that Coutinho is off to PSG. Fucking shit .

We're fucked aren't we.

Cunt football.

1) Klopp is not and has never been a manager who fills his sides with Galatico type signings like Jose Mourinho. He prefers to make those type of players through coaching.

2) Leicester City just won the league with a bunch of journeymen footballers. You don't need world class, world renowned stars to win the league. Not in every position anyway. They are living proof of it.

3) The transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

4) Trust in our manager and stop panicking.

• Upvote 1

Dont have a problem with the Mane link at all. Apart from the fact its Southampton again. Difference this time though is that he sort of exactly fits the bill in terms of what we need in that position. Would be happy for us to sign him. How we come out looking at the end of the window will not depend on one signing, but what we do for leftback, central midfield and forward aswell.

Its the fourth of June, we've been as active as anyone, fuck knows why people are getting their knickers in a twist.

It's because we haven't spent mega bucks on or being linked with world renowned FIFA/Footy manager type stars mate.

Not to shit myself here but due to the complete and utter absence of links to top quality strikers, am I being paranoid in thinking that we're not in the market for one?

Please let me know as soon as you can, so I can proceed to stab myself in the eyes in preparation for a delightfully shit season ahead.

Edit: Seriously, are we taking the fucking piss? We sell one of the (if not 'the') best strikers in the clubs history, replace him with to absolute fucking donkeys (who we are desperate to offload) and have one world class striker who works part time...and we're not looking for a top striker?

• Upvote 1

Not to shit myself here but due to the complete and utter absence of links to top quality strikers, am I being paranoid in thinking that we're not in the market for one?

Please let me know as soon as you can, so I can proceed to stab myself in the eyes in preparation for a delightfully shit season ahead.

Edit: Seriously, are we taking the fucking piss? We sell one of the (if not 'the') best strikers in the clubs history, replace him with to absolute fucking donkeys (who we are desperate to offload) and have one world class striker who works part time...and we're not looking for a top striker?

Sturridge, Firmino, Ings and Origi is enough depth up-front for a club with no European football. If we buy another striker it would marginalize Ings or Origi which isn't something Klopp wants to do, I imagine.

• Upvote 1

We've been linked to some wide forward/winger types mate. Some of them very loosely mind you.

Only last January we supposedly tried to sign  Alex Teixeira. We also been linked with Dembele, Williams, Mane, Sane and Embolo recently. They are all players capable of playing across a front three.