You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Batman Vs Superman

Sugar Ape

His journey to become Batman was boring and the Scarecrow was a shit bad guy, and Ledger was the only interesting thing in the 2nd one, but he was no Jack Nicholson. Its possible I was disappointed after all the hype I'd heard from everyone.

Maybe it depends if you read the graphic novels or not, or if like me your memories of Batman are the old TV series? Those first Batman fils were so much more fun.

To be honest, I don't like most recent action films, I find them all action no plotline. Not that keen on the new Bonds, didn't like the new Superman, Iron Man, Avengers, Transformers all bored me too.

The Woolster knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I grew up hating Gene Hackman & then when I was a bit older I watched The French Connection & The Conversation, I realised that he was fucking brilliant & that the reason I didn't like him as a kid was because he WAS Lex Luthor, anybody else is just a pale imitation.

Especially that geeky looking little cunt, Eisenberg.

It's a tough one for Eisenberg because his take on a younger Lex Luthor will get compared directly to both Rosenbaum's Lex plus what Ledger did with The Joker - both of which are highly regarded examples of a new take on an established comic book villain. I suspect that many people are expecting Eisenberg to bring an amalgam of the two. Fair play to him if he actually manages to pull it off.

• 1 month later...