You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

new Main Stand is gonna be amazing BUT....

old skool tom

its gonna make rest of the ground look absolutely shite and ridiculous!

the lack of forward and joined up thinking by previous owners is nothing short of scandalous.Gotta say well done too FSG for finally increasing capacity and revenue but the fact is we should of moved into the park and built from scratch instead of this short term ugly arse Anfield were going to end up with now.

The new Annie Road end will hopefully one day inspire future owners to rebuild kop and centeenary to make it look World Class but sadly I'll probably be dead by then and never see what the New Anfield would of looked like.

Dortmonds ground has slightly different designs on each side but at least it looks like it wasnt the result of a pissed up skitzo architect on LSD

I still cant beleive club build Kop from scratch yet has Obstructed views of pitch at the back.....shamefull

Having said that,when i see the MONSTER OF A ROOF its blows me away how big its gonna be............its like that scene of War Of The Worlds when the aliens are chasing the people through the streets!

the lack of forward and joined up thinking by previous owners is nothing short of scandalous.Gotta say well done too FSG for finally increasing capacity and revenue but the fact is we should of moved into the park and built from scratch instead of this short term ugly arse Anfield were going to end up with now.

The new Annie Road end will hopefully one day inspire future owners to rebuild kop and centeenary to make it look World Class but sadly I'll probably be dead by then and never see what the New Anfield would of looked like.

Dortmonds ground has slightly different designs on each side but at least it looks like it wasnt the result of a pissed up skitzo architect on LSD

I still cant beleive club build Kop from scratch yet has Obstructed views of pitch at the back.....shamefull

Having said that,when i see the MONSTER OF A ROOF its blows me away how big its gonna be............its like that scene of War Of The Worlds when the aliens are chasing the people through the streets!

You can go to County Road and see that for real.

• Upvote 1

50 odd thousand isn't enough. Anfield can't be expanded to a capatisity that will let us compete with the big clubs in the league. Moores knew this in the 90s and nothing has changed. Ffs a new stadium was why the club was sold in the first place.

Sadly the majority of the fan base has now been peaceified with a few seats, a very expensive stadium upgrade (that the club will pay for). That will see us continue to lag behind.

The clubs being set back years and a lot of people are clapping FSG on the back for it.

• Upvote 6

The only good thing to come out of cancer and AIDS was the flash stadium design, which from memory cost about 20mill! Why couldn't we have gone with that?

Last time I sat in the Main stand I had a shit obstructed view and I'd paid £55 for the privilege, is there still the possibility I could pay £55 for the same shit obstructed view once we get this refit?

50 odd thousand isn't enough. Anfield can't be expanded to a capatisity that will let us compete with the big clubs in the league. Moores knew this in the 90s and nothing has changed. Ffs a new stadium was why the club was sold in the first place.Sadly the majority of the fan base has now been peaceified with a few seats, a very expensive stadium upgrade (that the club will pay for). That will see us continue to lag behind.The clubs being set back years and a lot of people are clapping FSG on the back for it.

So damned if they do and damned if they don't?

What would have been the alternative? Build a new stadium from scratch would have taken years and would cause us to lag further behind.

At least this way we keep our historic stadium and increase short term cash flow.

What I am worried the most though is the quality of the turf.

So damned if they do and damned if they don't?

What would have been the alternative? Build a new stadium from scratch would have taken years and would cause us to lag further behind.

At least this way we keep our historic stadium and increase short term cash flow.

What I am worried the most though is the quality of the turf.

We had planning for a new stadium and could be playing in it now.

The "historic stadium" will amount to a half new/half old bodge job, unrecognisable from the past, which although bigger, will see us fall behind West Ham, and soon Spurs and Chelsea.

• Upvote 9

The "historic stadium" will amount to a half new/half old bodge job, unrecognisable from the past, which although bigger, will see us fall behind West Ham, and soon Spurs and Chelsea.

It's going to take even longer cause of this pointless upgrade. We'll be taking about a new stadium again at some point in the future. The only question is how much further we've fallen behind by then.

50 odd thousand isn't enough. Anfield can't be expanded to a capatisity that will let us compete with the big clubs in the league. Moores knew this in the 90s and nothing has changed. Ffs a new stadium was why the club was sold in the first place.

Sadly the majority of the fan base has now been peaceified with a few seats, a very expensive stadium upgrade (that the club will pay for). That will see us continue to lag behind.

The clubs being set back years and a lot of people are clapping FSG on the back for it.

Grinch knows.

Does the westfalon, sorry, signal induna stadium look ridiculous or joined up?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We probably would have ended up with something shit like the Parry bowl though. At least this way we've a chance of getting decent stands and retaining some character.

Not worth getting worked up about, we could have a million seats and we couldn't make a dent in city chelsea Madrid and barca. Besides which the side is so average it's kind of bye the by, it's like building a Colosseum to watch a Joe Pasquale concert.

• Upvote 5

There has never been a firm commitment for phase 2, ie the Anny Rd extension. Mike Gordon has just done an interview and this commitment was still lacking, just more waffle about how getting the cash cow main stand done was the most important thing and, how various circumstances had to be right before there MIGHT be this further extension.

I suspect 54,000 might be as big as the capacity gets unless the next owners have different ideas.

There has never been a firm commitment for phase 2, ie the Anny Rd extension. Mike Gordon has just done an interview and this commitment was still lacking, just more waffle about how getting the cash cow main stand done was the most important thing and, how various circumstances had to be right before there MIGHT be this further extension.

I suspect 54,000 might be as big as the capacity gets unless the next owners have different ideas.

They'll wait to see if we fill the new capacity of 54000 before they go for further extension. They have outline planning permission for the ARE.

Some people think we'll struggle to fill 54000 regularly. They say you can always get a ticket today if you know who to speak to.

I dont see how FSG can be criticised for seeing if 54000 sells out every league game before committing money the club doesnt have to extend to 59000. If you dont sell out 54000, why add another 5000 seats?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As long as the team is doing well we'll sell out 54,000 and 59,000 comfortably and more besides. The only thing that could get in the way of that is THEIR ticket pricing policy.

Not so long ago we had articles appearing on the official site about us having 800 million world wide fans or whatever ridiculous figure it was they quoted. Then they brag about extending to 54 fucking thousand?

In their own words they've used the term "sweet spot", referring to a figure of approx 60,000 tickets that can be sold at premium prices, acknowledging that we could sell more but only at cheaper prices, again, always assuming that the team is doing well.

But they're not interested in going above that because the equation they use involving the cost of further expansion itself and, what would come in in the form of income, doesn't balance to their satisfaction when they go past that 60,000 figure.

I don't think the current lot are bad owners by any means, in fact they are quite sensible in many ways. But I just don't think their vision for the future of the club is in keeping with our status as one of the biggest teams in the world.

Even if the 2nd phase goes ahead, we'll still have a ground which holds about 3,000 below our all time record attendance, achieved at a time when virtually everyone was local.

Now we've got a zillion fans but are only going up to 54,000 and possibly (though as I said, I personally doubt it) 59,000 on the 12th of never?

If the ground held 70,000 and there were lots of empty seats when we are playing Southampton on a Tuesday night, so what? I don't know why so many fixate on that. At least we'd know everyone who wanted to get in did so rather than missing out and gradually losing interest.

It wasn't that long ago we had the ludicrous situation where huge numbers of fans were giving the team a succession of magnificent flag waving welcomes along Anfield Rd - before many of them either having to go home or retreat to the pub to watch the game that they should have been watching from the stadium.

I don't think it's good enough but, I do realise short termism from owners is inevitable when the day when they sell on to someone else is possibly just round the corner.

Sadly, that's the reality of it.

We probably would have ended up with something shit like the Parry bowl though. At least this way we've a chance of getting decent stands and retaining some character.

I agree that neither of the consented schemes were that inspiring, but they would have been offering a 60k capacity now, and a re-plan on design was possible.

I don't think that the one new stand, and possible new ARE, represent the best options. Both will dwarf the Centenary and Kop, the "character" of the ground will be changed forever.

The only good thing to come out of cancer and AIDS was the flash stadium design, which from memory cost about 20mill! Why couldn't we have gone with that?

Last time I sat in the Main stand I had a shit obstructed view and I'd paid £55 for the privilege, is there still the possibility I could pay £55 for the same shit obstructed view once we get this refit?

Torres + the 50 mill we got for him wasnt so bad when you look back after the pain has gone.

44,659 was out average gate last season...this new stand adds 8,500 on top of that and they all sell it just creeps over 53,000.

Even extending the Anny Road isn't gonna get us up to 60,000. No chance of extending beyond that either it just wouldnt be viable