You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Oh I haven't just worked in the Netherlands. This free movement is great for getting around Europe. I prefer the term immigrant to expat myself.

Ah, so you havent been in Holland for 16 years then? More backstroking then.

Simple common sense dictates that NATO will be less effective if one of its key players leaves the Union. We will be totally engaged in squabbling over the terms of trade and free movement agreements for the foreseeable future that it's just bound to impact on our ability to work effectively with them in areas of defense . As I've said I pay no attention whatsoever to what Cameron , Johnson or any of them are saying I just instinctively feel it would be a massive mistake to split from Europe at a time when the World is becoming an ever more dangerous place, We will also have the Scots succeeding with devolution if we leave the EU so in a few years we will have gone from being part of the largest trading block on the planet to effectively England and Wales with Wales being a reluctant part of that entity, Its just mental

The US seem to get on alright in NATO they're not members of the EU, so are the Norweigens!

I've been to four different war zones its always the Yanks, Norweigens, Canadians and Oz lot we're working with with the odd sprinkling of Dutch/Sweed (few Romanians in Iraq) I wouldn't worry about it too much mate.

Our closest allies is the biggest Military power in the world and nobody comes close to them and they're not in the EU!

• Upvote 2

What if the EU decided that speaking one language isn't enough but that we also have to hop everywhere instead of walking? Eh? You haven't thought this stuff through properly, have you!?

Guys, seriously, you're as well talk to the fucking cat about the issue.

stu monty being a fucking dick again.

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The US seem to get on alright in NATO they're not members of the EU, so are the Norweigens!

I've been to four different war zones its always the Yanks, Norweigens, Canadians and Oz lot we're working with with the odd sprinkling of Dutch/Sweed (few Romanians in Iraq) I wouldn't worry about it too much mate.

Our closest allies is the biggest Military power in the world and nobody comes close to them and they're not in the EU!

NATO wouldn't win any World War as others wouldn't. Do you honestly think the nukes wouldn't start flying about if any of the countries possessing them were involved? NATO is all well and good picking on the small guys, same as Russia, no fucking way on this earth would any of the big guns want to fight each other, unless they wanted to wipe out mankind for good. 

The point about security in leaving the EU is a good one, if the UK was attacked by terrorists on a regular basis NATO are not going to rush over there to defend you, they may bomb the shit out of the country said terrorists come from, well as long as they don't have Nuclear capabilities. The UK would be left on their island to defend themselves. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The referendum is about staying in based on cameron's 4 major reforms. But, the point still stand, the UK will be on the road to second class EU membership.

Vote for that if you want. Vote for that because you may take out dutch citizenship (or any other member state's citizenship) if it floats your boat. That doesnt address the UK's membership.

Why would I want to explain how the UK would become part of shenken when Im voting leave? You really do seem off your trolley. been eating too many daffs again?

Some of us do give a fuck about  whether we do stay or leave. Thankfully.

It's "Schengen" not fucking "Shenken!"

Holland are famous for "Tulips" and not fucking "Daffs."

You just failed your kindergarten entrance test. I suggest they take away your right to vote on something you clearly haven't got a clue about, well apart from UKIP, Britain First propaganda. It's idiots like yourself who give the UK a bad name. 

And you still wont say whether the UK should ditch the veto and opt outs, join the single currency, give up fiscal and monetary independence, ditch or stick with cameron's 4 major reforms (ha) for the UK's continued membership.

Makes one wonder what you're on about really.

The opt outs by UK Governments( Tories mostly but Blair is responsible too)are simply to avoid having to do terrible things like prevent giving workers legal time off after a certain period of time or allow them to be able to take their employers to tribunals for unfair dismissal or working practices. The UK decides to opt out so it can continue to erode those rights for nothing more than being told to by their multinational conglomerate party backers. So I am in favour of them not being able to cherry pick which agreements they want and ones they dont as the ones they dont want generally have a negative impact on ordinary citizens of the UK and allow them not to have to give some basic levels of human rights.

If i'm totally honest i'm not sure that voting either way will make much of a difference in the long term.

And I don't think that the general public will be given anywhere near enough information from which to make an informed choice.

Having said that, i'm very much of the view that you only change things when you have tangible reasons to do so. I don't see any reason to change so why risk it?

And when you compare the list of people on either side of the fence, the Brexit crew is definitely ahead in the cunt stakes (remain has some too).

And those Allies have "advised " us in the strongest possible terms not to leave the EU. OK Trump said we should leave but doesn't he want to shoot women and build walls around Muslims ( or was it Mexicans) as well .. NATO wont fall apart tomorrow if we leave but it will weaken it imo

NATO wouldn't win any World War as others wouldn't. Do you honestly think the nukes wouldn't start flying about if any of the countries possessing them were involved? NATO is all well and good picking on the small guys, same as Russia, no fucking way on this earth would any of the big guns want to fight each other, unless they wanted to wipe out mankind for good.

The point about security in leaving the EU is a good one, if the UK was attacked by terrorists on a regular basis NATO are not going to rush over there to defend you, they may bomb the shit out of the country said terrorists come from, well as long as they don't have Nuclear capabilities. The UK would be left on their island to defend themselves.

Being left on our island to defend ourselves has served us well for centuries, how have the borderless Belgium and France been been doing recently?

And those Allies have "advised " us in the strongest possible terms not to leave the EU. OK Trump said we should leave but doesn't he want to shoot women and build walls around Muslims ( or was it Mexicans) as well .. NATO wont fall apart tomorrow if we leave but it will weaken it imo

The US advising us not to leave the EU has got fuck all to do with security!

Guest Pistonbroke

Being left on our island to defend ourselves has served us well for centuries, how have the borderless Belgium and France been been doing recently?

Obviously the mainland bombings carried out by the IRA are just a figment of my imagination. 

Obviously the mainland bombings carried out by the IRA are just a figment of my imagination.

Fucks sake! We're scraping the barrel now aren't we? What the fuck does N.Ireland and us being more secure in the EU have to do with each other?

How about explaining how letting Turkey into the EU (This is bound to happen eventualy) freedom of movement of Turkish across the EU which im sure will be happening soon will effect the security of the UK?

There have been 4 Terrorist attacks in Turkey this year alone! Will this make us safer in the EU? Being borderless/freedom of movement with all these lunatics in France and Belgium blowing themselves up and shooting everyone is this supposed to make us safer in the EU?

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucks sake! We're scraping the barrel now aren't we? What the fuck does N.Ireland and us being more secure in the EU have to do with each other?

How about explaining how letting Turkey into the EU (This is bound to happen eventualy) freedom of movement of Turkish across the EU which im sure will be happening soon will effect the security of the UK?

There have been 4 Terrorist attacks in Turkey this year alone! Will this make us safer in the EU? Being borderless/freedom of movement with all these lunatics in France and Belgium blowing themselves up and shooting everyone is this supposed to make us safer in the EU?

You said "Being left on our island to defend ourselves has served us well for centuries." and asked "how have the borderless Belgium and France been been doing recently?"

My reply was to that stupid statement. Being left to defend yourselves has clearly not served you well for centuries as you sated.