You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

On 25/04/2019 at 23:20, AngryofTuebrook said:

That period was pretty much the same across the Western world; it wasn't a UK-specific thing.

Has it every occoured to you that maybe just maybe your beloved  eu has a tiny little bit of guilt when it comes to lack of opportunity and stability (especially for young people)  compered to 40 years ago? Capitalist policies have failed, its a major reason we have high youth unemployment.

On 27/04/2019 at 11:58, Gnasher said:

Has it every occoured to you that maybe just maybe your beloved  eu has a tiny little bit of guilt when it comes to lack of opportunity and stability (especially for young people)  compered to 40 years ago? Capitalist policies have failed, its a major reason we have high youth unemployment.

For the ten millionth time - the EU and neoliberalism are not the same thing. Leaving the EU will not mean a break from neoliberalism; quite the reverse, as the last three years have made glaringly obvious to everyone except those deluded Lexiteers who choose to blinker themselves. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

'EU apologists'. What a ridiculous thing to say. As a Leave extremist, will you be apologising for any negative effect of leaving? 

Obviously not. He's too busy standing four-square with the Fascists and far-right gobshites in the Italian Government when they oppose the EU. 

5 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

'EU apologists'. What a ridiculous thing to say. As a Leave extremist, will you be apologising for any negative effect of leaving? 

Its not at all ridiculous angry mob. 

Why am i a 'leave extremist" as you put it?  What the fuck are you on?  As you know a few people voted leave and cannot stand what the eu has become. Im far from an "extremist". Or whatever bullsiit you class people as.

I advise you to take an hour from your computer and walk and talk down your local high street.

5 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I am not an extemist but if you vote for and support the eu i believe its fair to class you as someone who abides and "apologises" for the absoulte fuck up that has happend in europe this past 15 years or so.

16 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I am not an extemist but if you vote for and support the eu i believe its fair to class you as someone who abides and "apologises" for the absoulte fuck up that has happend in europe this past 15 years or so.

Do you vote in General Elections? If so ( by your reasoning) it's fair to class you as someone who abides by and apologises for the actions of successive UK Governments.

Just now, Gnasher said:

That's it, Gnasher. You've got it. As somebody who doesn't want people to suffer the economic losses that all credible, as all independent sources say we will, then that means all the opinions I stated in opposition to the way the EU is set up and operates was just a ruse. I apologise for all of it. 

Fucking unreal. 

17 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's it, Gnasher. You've got it. As somebody who doesn't want people to suffer the economic losses that all credible, as all independent sources say we will, then that means all the opinions I stated in opposition to the way the EU is set up and operates was just a ruse. I apologise for all of it. 

Fucking unreal. 

But its not unreal. Its unreal to you but to those in real life its far from unreal.

We have sky high youth unemployment across a very rich continent.  Thats not unreal thats fact. Thats why the youth of europe are rejecting the austerity mantra pushed by the eu and other corrupt organisations.

31 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

*facepalm*

You're not, I was demonstrating the utter stupidity of you calling people 'apologists'. It's fucking ridiculous and you seriously need to put some more thought into what you post. 

I know that and adressed it in an above post.

Just now, cloggypop said:

All the youth here are students until they are about 31.

One way of wipping them of the register. Thatcher just threw everyone on the stick to massage the figures.

It suited her but fucked up the country, but thats another matter.

Just now, Gnasher said:

But its not unreal. Its unreal to you but to those in real life its far from unreal.

We have sky high youth unemployment across a very rich continent.  Thats not unreal thats fact. Thats why the youth of europe are rejecting the austerity mantra pushed by the eu and other corrupt organisations.

The fuck are you talking about. My issue is that you're saying I'm an apologist for that, in spite of me spending years speaking out against it. Real life? You're not fit to judge anybody on that. 

32 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fucking unreal. 

I fail to understand how you and the angry mob are flumexed why people who have suffered year after year after year of austerity driven politics do not want to the bollicks out of an organisation that promotes such fucking hardship.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

The fuck are you talking about. My issue is that you're saying I'm an apologist for that, in spite of me spending years speaking out against it. Real life? You're not fit to judge anybody on that. 

Here we go. "Real life"   and "not fit to judge"

Welcome to our world, the world of being called  thick' the world of being called 'bigot" the world of being called "racist"

All the above insults have been thrown at me on many occasions.  Its not true and its not nice.

Just now, Gnasher said:

I fail to understand how you and the angry mob are flumexed why people who have suffered year after year after year of austerity driven politics do not want to the bollicks out of an organisation that promotes such fucking hardship.

I know you're failing to understand it. Firstly, I've not even mentioned it, so it'd be hard to understand solely on the basis that it is entirely fabricated. Secondly, I have spoken out on here for the better part of a decade against austerity driven politics. I don't want more of it. I don't want more cuts, more economic damage, etc., that will come from leaving the EU.

The problem I have is you're suggesting I support that. I don't. The ignorance it takes to suggest such a thing is what's flumoxing, not whatever you're talking about, which is barely coherent.

Just now, Gnasher said:

Here we go. "Real life"   and "not fit to judge"

Welcome to our world, the world of being called  thick' the world of being called 'bigot" the world of being called "racist"

All the above insults have been thrown at me on many occasions.  Its not true and its not nice.

You've quite literally just aimed that at me here: 

Just now, Gnasher said:

Its unreal to you but to those in real life its far from unreal

WAKE UP.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

One way of wipping them of the register. Thatcher just threw everyone on the stick to massage the figures.

It suited her but fucked up the country, but thats another matter.

Nah, it's because they all want to end up with professional qualifications and earn shit loads after living the student life for years. Low cost of study and subsidised housing helps.