You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle v liverpool

halewood pete

Right - ten games in we have been absolute shite so far, but somehow find ourselves just 3 points off 4th.

Big game coming at the weekend then a break and hopefully our main goal threat will be back.

Our realistic rivals arsenal and the Mancs are pretty shite too, so it's time to put the shite behind us and kick on now.

Right - ten games in we have been absolute shite so far, but somehow find ourselves just 3 points off 4th.

Big game coming at the weekend then a break and hopefully our main goal threat will be back.

Our realistic rivals arsenal and the Mancs are pretty shite too, so it's time to put the shite behind us and kick on now.

Much as I want to be positive, if we've been shite for about a quarter of the season, Im hanging on hard to the hope that the remaining three quarters or thereabouts will see a marked improvement.

But it rarely happens like that. When you're shite, you tend to be shite for the season.

Much as I want to be positive, if we've been shite for about a quarter of the season, Im hanging on hard to the hope that the remaining three quarters or thereabouts will see a marked improvement.

But it rarely happens like that. When you're shite, you tend to be shite for the season.

Yep.

Anything is possible mind you. We could see an incredible turn around. 

But that works both ways, it could potentially get worse too. 

You dont jump from being absolute dog shit to good in the same season.

It needs a change of a manager, change of players or both.

If Rodgers stays and he gets no further backing in January then we will be dog shit all season

Well we done just that in Rodgers first season.

You dont jump from being absolute dog shit to good in the same season.

It needs a change of a manager, change of players or both.

If Rodgers stays and he gets no further backing in January then we will be dog shit all season

This is a fine example of short termism. Look at Spurs last year. Seeing them go from hot and cold under AVB to consistently tepid under Sherwood (and they do this all the time) just shows what a mess a trigger happy chairman can make of things.

Rodgers gets until the end of next season and most the players should get the same. If they're still shit then we should defo look to move them on.

Thats exactly how i feel

Shite ain't it.

He needs to start being a lot more honest, Tim Sherwood got a lot of grief and ridicule last season for generally being honest (he was too honest at times) but i liked him for that, who wouldn't prefer that over being bullshitted, patronised and listening to your manager pass the buck?

Rodgers is a clever bloke though, no doubt about it, i'd be amazed and gutted if he really does go down the passing the buck road.

• Upvote 1

This is a fine example of short termism. Look at Spurs last year. Seeing them go from hot and cold under AVB to consistently tepid under Sherwood (and they do this all the time) just shows what a mess a trigger happy chairman can make of things.

Rodgers gets until the end of next season and most the players should get the same. If they're still shit then we should defo look to move them on.

End of next season!

He should get until the end of this season maximum.

And whether he turns it round or not will depend on if the owners give him more money in January.

As his signings in the summer were a shambles and will never come good.

I very much doubt FSG will give him any more money.

this mindset of giving managers so much time is why this club is where it is now.

Accepting mediocrity for year upon year to make ourselves feel good about giving people a chance to come good when it is patently obviously they are not is no strategy for success.

Souness, Evans, houlier and benitez all should have gone much quicker than they did.

The one good thing about FSG is that they know when a manager is failing.

Hodgson and dalglish are the only ones who got binned quick enough

• Upvote 1

Agree. I am hoping we can add some quality up front in January. I know it's always a gamble, but it's one we have to take.

We can't stay this shite surely...well that's what I keep telling myself.

It's not as simple as losing a game and being peeved about it is it? surely you must realise this?

I've stopped listening to him and watching the pre match press conferences, had to, i don't want to be annoyed by him and start disliking him, been starting to get that vibe from him shirking his responsibilities and not taking much if any responsibility for this shit heap of a season so far.

He hopefully knows a lot better than to go down that road, he must be aware of Hodgsons time here, after we get turned over by Madrid and Chelsea i hope to hear some honesty about the situation and what he's going to do to put it right, no mores excuses or bullshit spin, that has to stop sharpish.

I find his platitudes and his pronouncements particularly difficult to absorb at this moment too.  The last manager I actually could take seriously was Dalglish mark 1.  A mixture of egomania, idiocy, lunacy, delusion, fantasy, bewilderment and outright disingenuousness have blighted LFC managers since.  

I find his platitudes and his pronouncements particularly difficult to absorb at this moment too.  The last manager I actually could take seriously was Dalglish mark 1.  A mixture of egomania, idiocy, lunacy, delusion, fantasy, bewilderment and outright disingenuousness have blighted LFC managers since.  

Hodgson amazingly had all those of those traits. What a guy.

• Upvote 1

I've got no problem with Rodgers on a personal level at all, no problem with how he carries himself, some of the best managers are borderline narcissists, Ferguson is probably a bona fide sociopath, couldn't care less what he's like unless he's bringing the club into disrepute. Where it becomes a problem is when he's unwilling to bend even when his policies aren't working. The continual omission of a defensive midfielder, for example, is thoroughly bizarre.

I've got no problem with Rodgers on a personal level at all, no problem with how he carries himself, some of the best managers are borderline narcissists, Ferguson is probably a bona fide sociopath, couldn't care less what he's like unless he's bringing the club into disrepute. Where it becomes a problem is when he's unwilling to bend even when his policies aren't working. The continual omission of a defensive midfielder, for example, is thoroughly bizarre.

I don't have an issue with Rodgers either, I just don't want to listen to him.  

• Upvote 1

Mad as it seems, if he did what Kenny did, i.e. a cup win, a final, and a 7th to 10th place finish I'd have more time for him as it would to some degree make him a winner!

If Rodgers is axed it will be for the same reason as Dalglish, disastrous transfers.

All managers are judged on transfers and results, right now we're bad at both.

• Upvote 1

Yep, they all seem to lose it for one reason or another after a while and at this moment Rodgers is heading the same way.

Honesty is really important especially when things are going tits up, he needs to be honest with us and himself, he never had a problem talking open and honestly in his first 2 seasons here.

Mad as it seems, if he did what Kenny did, i.e. a cup win, a final, and a 7th to 10th place finish I'd have more time for him as it would to some degree make him a winner!

It all depends what sort of fight we put up for 4th place, with Kenny it was gone months before the end of the season and the team were playing some of the worst football.

If Rodgers gets us playing better which shouldn't really be difficult and puts up a good fight for the top 4 then it would probably be acceptable, if we are out of it by Feb/March he will be gone like Kenny was.