You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle v liverpool

halewood pete

Well, we know better than anyone how hard it is to get back into the CL, don't we? An extended run of poor performances, which is what we've already had, and then what?

Rodgers needs to feel the pressure and start getting results. If not, we will experimentally find ourselves in the EL.

Well, we know better than anyone how hard it is to get back into the CL, don't we? An extended run of poor performances, which is what we've already had, and then what?

Rodgers needs to feel the pressure and start getting results. If not, we will experimentally find ourselves in the EL.

At least the Europa League gets you into the CL if you win it...

*Thinks about that more... yeah... never mind

Rodgers and our committee need binning. There I said it. This mess just gets worse as the season progresses. No direction no fight and no clue, and worst of all there's no solution from the 9 signings we made in the summer. How can that be possible, that we've spent £125m and its players already at the club that we are pinning our hopes on?

I honestly feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Every season after finishing second and allowing yourself to be optimistic, we end up shitting the bed.

Fucking criminal how it keeps being allowed to happen.

Said it a few times now. It's the main reason I'm really downbeat and pretty pessimistic right now. We've fucking crashed and burned the whole way down this road before and I find it fucking infuriating when people say we're all knee jerk hysterical fannies. 

No we're fucking not because as you say it's fucking Groundhog Day. 

Said it a few times now. It's the main reason I'm really downbeat and pretty pessimistic right now. We've fucking crashed and burned the whole way down this road before and I find it fucking infuriating when people say we're all knee jerk hysterical fannies. 

Groundhog Day had a happy ending. Will we?

Rodgers and our committee need binning. There I said it. This mess just gets worse as the season progresses. No direction no fight and no clue, and worst of all there's no solution from the 9 signings we made in the summer. How can that be possible, that we've spent £125m and its players already at the club that we are pinning our hopes on?

We basically did the same thing last Season.

This current Liverpool team is a disgrace.

Right now, we must be the easiest team in the league to play against. This season and last, we were the epitome of our strikers leading the line. We've gone from the most hard working side, the most switched on and sharp, the most tenacious to looking lazy and completely disinterested. We're allowing games to pass us by and we're refusing to take the initiative. The team's movement is nothing short of atrocious and we're struggling to even carve out decent chances, let alone score goals. Everything is so fucking slow; there's always an extra needless touch. I've lost count of the number of times this season when I've done my nut in watching us play a ball that was on ten minutes ago that's easily intercepted. Even routine balls to a man a couple of yards from another are played without conviction. It's fucking disgusting stuff.

I don't mean to single out Balotelli but, fucking hell, the lad is a waste of space. I've never been a fan of his- the only game I've ever thought 'fucking hell, there could be a player there' was that game for Italy at the Euros where he bullied Germany- but I was willing to give him a chance, even if I did have reservations. Christ, how they're coming true. He seems to be a symptom of the youtube generation- someone who looks good banging in the occasional worldy, but is so lacking in the basics of centre forward play it's not even funny. His movement in the box, getting across his man, finding space is non-existent. If I was a centre half, I'd love to play against him because he spends most of the time picking his arse and looking up to the sky watching planes fly by. Even the praise he receives for doing something so elementary as chasing down a centre half in possession of the ball I find baffling. It's like praising a four year old for not shitting themselves. It's fucking basic and stuff that should have been nailed years ago.

The defence- fucking hell, an absolute abortion of a unit. Skrtel is a fucking fanny, Johnson is just an abortion but, Christ, Lovren is stealing a living. Caught flat footed so many times, allowing his man to drift past him, diving in when there's no need- who the fuck coached him? As for Moreno, how you can be a professional footballer and be completely unwilling to use your weaker foot- as if you should have a weaker foot if you're paid silly money to kick a ball- is beyond me.

Jordan Henderson, I'm expecting a lot more from him. Yes, he's energetic, but he's fucking stunk recently. I think it was Section who described as the good looking lad at school who never shagged. It's fucking true. He's vice captain now, in a position of real responsibility, yet there are times when he's playing like a timid kid. Sideward pass, sideward pass, run, point- it's fucking bollocks. I want to see some fucking drive- when was the last time we had a player who actually got the ball in the midfield and broke in the way Sissoko did today? I love the lad's attitude, but it was always a big season for him, in my eyes- one to really kick on and build on a promising one last year- but he hasn't stepped up.

The amount of people willing to wave goodbye to Steven Gerrard is just bizarre. Granted, he hasn't been at his best this season and has been downright poor for a fair few games, but at least he's someone who looks to force something. At least he accepts responsibility, unless so many of limp fuckers in the squad. At the minute, we're a squad lacking in character and leadership and what Gerrard brings can't be quantified by statistics. That stuff can't be easily replaced.

Right now, I really feel for Raheem Sterling because he's being asked to be a leader and a talisman when, as talented as he is, he's plainly not ready for that. He should just be allowed to play his football without such a weight of expectation on his shoulders. It's what Arsenal have been like for years when a complete absence of big characters have meant players like Walcott and Wilshere have been forced to fill the void when they're kids themselves. What's happening with Sterling is fucking scandalous really, because at least when Gerrard was coming through, we had leaders and big personalities like Hamann, Hyypia and McAllister to bring him on and, in turn, the lad responded. Simply, we need someone like Gerrard, because we're a squad of potential, never-beens and square pegs. We're completely lacking in identity and it fucking shows on the pitch.

What's worrying is how we've spent so much money and not signed one player who undoubtedly improves the starting XI. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we could have signed Fabregas and Costa, but it would have been too easy to take a leaf out of Chelsea's book and sign three, maybe four players at a push to slot in to the side seamlessly, wouldn't it? No, that's not how we do things. We instead do an impression of that blert who won the Lottery and decided to smash up Ferraris and Aston Martins in his back garden simply because he could and then wonder where the fuck it all went when we're back on benefits. It's fucking scandalous how it's been allowed to happen, and it's compounded by the fact that Rodgers doesn't seem to know his best team and is persevering with a system which does us no favours at all.

Christ, I am fucking fuming. You could probably tell by the length of this fucking post.

Hard to disagree with any of this.

Do you honestly think we will get top 4 this season?

I do. We would be 4th if we had won today.

There are very few good teams in this league and, not to gloss over our flaws, our team with Sturridge in it is well capable of getting enough points. We've finished the season very strongly under Rodgers, so I'm still confident.

I wasn't too hopeful after our summer spending on players I never really thought were that good, but I didn't expect things to be this bad. Okay we've lost Sturridge but we've spent a shitload so should be able to compensate. Apparently not.

Spent a shitload on crap.

This current Liverpool team is a disgrace.

Right now, we must be the easiest team in the league to play against. This season and last, we were the epitome of our strikers leading the line. We've gone from the most hard working side, the most switched on and sharp, the most tenacious to looking lazy and completely disinterested. We're allowing games to pass us by and we're refusing to take the initiative. The team's movement is nothing short of atrocious and we're struggling to even carve out decent chances, let alone score goals. Everything is so fucking slow; there's always an extra needless touch. I've lost count of the number of times this season when I've done my nut in watching us play a ball that was on ten minutes ago that's easily intercepted. Even routine balls to a man a couple of yards from another are played without conviction. It's fucking disgusting stuff.

I don't mean to single out Balotelli but, fucking hell, the lad is a waste of space. I've never been a fan of his- the only game I've ever thought 'fucking hell, there could be a player there' was that game for Italy at the Euros where he bullied Germany- but I was willing to give him a chance, even if I did have reservations. Christ, how they're coming true. He seems to be a symptom of the youtube generation- someone who looks good banging in the occasional worldy, but is so lacking in the basics of centre forward play it's not even funny. His movement in the box, getting across his man, finding space is non-existent. If I was a centre half, I'd love to play against him because he spends most of the time picking his arse and looking up to the sky watching planes fly by. Even the praise he receives for doing something so elementary as chasing down a centre half in possession of the ball I find baffling. It's like praising a four year old for not shitting themselves. It's fucking basic and stuff that should have been nailed years ago.

The defence- fucking hell, an absolute abortion of a unit. Skrtel is a fucking fanny, Johnson is just an abortion but, Christ, Lovren is stealing a living. Caught flat footed so many times, allowing his man to drift past him, diving in when there's no need- who the fuck coached him? As for Moreno, how you can be a professional footballer and be completely unwilling to use your weaker foot- as if you should have a weaker foot if you're paid silly money to kick a ball- is beyond me.

Jordan Henderson, I'm expecting a lot more from him. Yes, he's energetic, but he's fucking stunk recently. I think it was Section who described as the good looking lad at school who never shagged. It's fucking true. He's vice captain now, in a position of real responsibility, yet there are times when he's playing like a timid kid. Sideward pass, sideward pass, run, point- it's fucking bollocks. I want to see some fucking drive- when was the last time we had a player who actually got the ball in the midfield and broke in the way Sissoko did today? I love the lad's attitude, but it was always a big season for him, in my eyes- one to really kick on and build on a promising one last year- but he hasn't stepped up.

The amount of people willing to wave goodbye to Steven Gerrard is just bizarre. Granted, he hasn't been at his best this season and has been downright poor for a fair few games, but at least he's someone who looks to force something. At least he accepts responsibility, unless so many of limp fuckers in the squad. At the minute, we're a squad lacking in character and leadership and what Gerrard brings can't be quantified by statistics. That stuff can't be easily replaced.

Right now, I really feel for Raheem Sterling because he's being asked to be a leader and a talisman when, as talented as he is, he's plainly not ready for that. He should just be allowed to play his football without such a weight of expectation on his shoulders. It's what Arsenal have been like for years when a complete absence of big characters have meant players like Walcott and Wilshere have been forced to fill the void when they're kids themselves. What's happening with Sterling is fucking scandalous really, because at least when Gerrard was coming through, we had leaders and big personalities like Hamann, Hyypia and McAllister to bring him on and, in turn, the lad responded. Simply, we need someone like Gerrard, because we're a squad of potential, never-beens and square pegs. We're completely lacking in identity and it fucking shows on the pitch.

What's worrying is how we've spent so much money and not signed one player who undoubtedly improves the starting XI. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we could have signed Fabregas and Costa, but it would have been too easy to take a leaf out of Chelsea's book and sign three, maybe four players at a push to slot in to the side seamlessly, wouldn't it? No, that's not how we do things. We instead do an impression of that blert who won the Lottery and decided to smash up Ferraris and Aston Martins in his back garden simply because he could and then wonder where the fuck it all went when we're back on benefits. It's fucking scandalous how it's been allowed to happen, and it's compounded by the fact that Rodgers doesn't seem to know his best team and is persevering with a system which does us no favours at all.

Christ, I am fucking fuming. You could probably tell by the length of this fucking post.

Largely agreed. You should be fuming, by the way, anger is the appropriate response after today.

• Upvote 1

Exactly how i feel about it all, the team is back in this familiar place again after some real hope last season, it looks like yet another false dawn, it's a never ending cycle of mistakes with this club, big mistakes, it's no surprise why people are highly critical and pissed off with it all.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

We are fucked, we need so much work doing that Bob the fucking builder would struggle. Mediocre squad due to spunking a fortune on young potential talent and a few knee jerk signings thrown in, a manager whose own stubbornness/ego is being put ahead of the club and a back room staff and board who seem inept at their job. We won't be sorting that shite out any time soon. Our club has been used as a cash cow for some years now, they are just taking the piss. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Real Madrid warmed up for Tuesday with a 4-0 away win (Rodriguez x 2, Ronaldo, and Benzema).

Umm...

They are going to try bum us without trying to hard. Then we have Chelsea, who won#t bum us as that is not their style away from home against a big club, but they will win comfortably. 

So much wrong with squad at the moment. Mignolet needs competition as he is not playing well. Johnson has been dogshit for last two seasons, Skrtl and Sakho are penalties waiting to happen. Gerrard has been amazing but now we look better without him, we cant keep playing him simply because he used to be world class when his only contribution is penalty taking and a world class pass once very five games.Joe Allen is way too small and lightweight to be playing as a defensive midfielder at this level. Balotelli just needs to fuck off with his cant be arsed attitude. Borini might not be Suarez, but he is a tryer, and not a bad striker.

We need to start getting the ball forward quicker instead of fucking about with half a dozen lateral passes in midfield when one would do. I cannot fucking wait til Sturridge is fit. Im off to get pissed , wake up in a pool of my own shit and vomit, and forget today ever fucking happened.

This club has to up its youth policy. And have a bit more faith.

We have a number of players doing well in the champo at the moment.

Sign a player for £20-30 million qhen you KNOW they will make an impact. not when you HOPE they will.

Otherwise bring more lads through. Ibe Texiera Wisdom etc.

Also, Flanagan can't get fit soon enough for me.

And for fucks sake don't let Suso go yet.

This club has to up its youth policy. And have a bit more faith.

We have a number of players doing well in the champo at the moment.

Sign a player for £20-30 million qhen you KNOW they will make an impact. not when you HOPE they will.

Otherwise bring more lads through. Ibe Texiera Wisdom etc.

Also, Flanagan can't get fit soon enough for me.

And for fucks sake don't let Suso go yet.

Surely even Wilson is worth a crack over Balotelli ? Coady in Midfield as well.