You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

Who is Sam Harris?

I'd be intrigued if he managed to get anything from Dabiq other than further proof that ISIS are cunts.

He's an atheist. I've seen him on shows with Hitch and Dawkins. He doesn't like muslims much and he's a big Hilary Clinton fan.

I listened to that podcast a couple of days ago.

Funnily enough, I had this thread in my mind a bit while I was listening but decided against mentioning it.

I mean, it's probably the most convincing case anyone could think of making, and the content is largely written by ISIS themselves. I can't imagine the intellectual contortions you'd have to go through to think they don't mean exactly what they say.

Don't think it'll change any minds in this thread, like.

I should think that will be news to the Muslim he wrote a book with.

Who are you talking about... Maajid Nawaz?

Hasn't he denounced his faith? I was watching an interview with him and Anton Chaudhry on Newsnight and Nawaz was saying he'd be an apostate.

He's an atheist. I've seen him on shows with Hitch and Dawkins. He doesn't like muslims much and he's a big Hilary Clinton fan.

So he's just written a book about the future of Islam with Majid Narwaz and has been clear in his criticism of Hilary Clinton. So...

So he's just written a book about the future of Islam with Majid Narwaz and has been clear in his criticism of Hilary Clinton. So...

I think you need to delve a bit deeper into this modern day Walter Mitty character Majid Narwaz and the fantasies he's concocted in his book. 

I think that between 8:50 and 9:12 you went from not knowing about him to saying he's Walter Mitty. I suspect a few minutes with Google made you an expert.

I know exactly who he is. You've often brought his name up on here as the voice of reason between your babbling Islamophobic rants.