You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

• 2 weeks later...

Every time my Mrs does a night feed it takes about 20 minutes and the baby burps straight away once done.

Every time with me it's about an hour and a half and it ends in tears. My tears. Just drink the fucking bottle and burp will you for fucks sake.

• Upvote 1

Every time my Mrs does a night feed it takes about 20 minutes and the baby burps straight away once done.

Every time with me it's about an hour and a half and it ends in tears. My tears. Just drink the fucking bottle and burp will you for fucks sake.

Ahh nightfeeds.  I vaguely remember them but think I've suppressed them. 

Ahh nightfeeds.  I vaguely remember them but think I've suppressed them. 

Many a time i've spent the following day or two sitting in the shower with the shower on full blast, rocking back and forth and crying.

Thanks God all that is behind me now. 

• 1 month later...

Nice one rapey, don't bring the baby into work though because they wont let you get further than the barriers.

Submitted to peer pressure and took her into work. People I don't even speak to turned up to see her. Friggin weirdos. She's coming on great guns now though.

9B9BA32E-7E13-4FDB-8A37-AAAFBE5D3EE2_zps

6C5FBCE4-C662-4CA1-ABF8-F262BCC60A9D_zps

• Upvote 3

She looks as bright as a button, SA. 

You boys and your girly girls, though. Did I fail my daughter? She never had a a pair of socks like that, far less a lacy dress.

And where did that baby go, Paulie? She's a proper little girl and looks little a real bundle of fun

And where did that baby go, Paulie? She's a proper little girl and looks little a real bundle of fun

It's mad where the time has gone. She is an absolute loon at the minute. Full of wonder "WOW!" at everything from the first time she saw an ant to the first time she saw Uncle PPs horse. It's ace.

Posted Image

Potty training is the next bit. Fun.

Kids restore your wonder in the world. All those tiny things you take for granted, they just lap it all up. Never be in a rush to get to the next stage because once its gone theres no going back.

Potty training? Don't even think about it unless they've shown an interest. Piss of piss for girls, though...the inconvenient lack of direction aside

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy it mate, time of your life.

Had three of the little fuckers, the time between birth and pre-teen is the best.

teen years are tough, but still rewarding.

When you get "I love you Dad, I know we don't see each other that much but I do love you" from your 20 yr old son there is a possibility you could be reduced to tears.

Or he's been hitting the bong....

Our little fella (8 months old) is still suffering from reflux / colic and what seems a constant growth of teeth. I have to be blatantly honest and admit I've found it very difficult.

I never thought imagined how difficult the lack of sleep actually is. I've never been one for staying up all night doing fuck all. I'm into bed early, then up early. But now I'm into bed early, and up every 2 hours trying to resettle the poor little guy.

Only this last month did we finally get some handle on the reflux only for him to have 6 fucking teeth all rear their cunting white heads at once.

I hate to say it, but im still waiting on this "magical experience". Because so far it's been just straight up hard work.

I watched a show on TV recently where members of the public took part in SAS basic training. One of the main things to break you down is interrupting the recruits sleep. Well I have to say, id fucking piss that training now.

Now the missus has had to have her gallbladder out the other day as well, so she can't lift the little guy for 2 weeks at the very least. So im juggling looking after the missus, the nipper, and two annoying little shit head dogs all at once.

Apparently "it gets easier". I fucking hope so.

• Upvote 1

Our little fella (8 months old) is still suffering from reflux / colic and what seems a constant growth of teeth. I have to be blatantly honest and admit I've found it very difficult.

I never thought imagined how difficult the lack of sleep actually is. I've never been one for staying up all night doing fuck all. I'm into bed early, then up early. But now I'm into bed early, and up every 2 hours trying to resettle the poor little guy.

Only this last month did we finally get some handle on the reflux only for him to have 6 fucking teeth all rear their cunting white heads at once.

I hate to say it, but im still waiting on this "magical experience". Because so far it's been just straight up hard work.

I watched a show on TV recently where members of the public took part in SAS basic training. One of the main things to break you down is interrupting the recruits sleep. Well I have to say, id fucking piss that training now.

Now the missus has had to have her gallbladder out the other day as well, so she can't lift the little guy for 2 weeks at the very least. So im juggling looking after the missus, the nipper, and two annoying little shit head dogs all at once.

Apparently "it gets easier". I fucking hope so.

That sounds miserable. Having had a baby who wouldn't sleep, I know exactly what you're saying about sleep deprivation; it's not hard to see why it's such an effective method of torture, is it. I hope you'very got family who can give you a bit of respite from time to time and that it's not too long before things start to look up for you all  

Our little fella (8 months old) is still suffering from reflux / colic and what seems a constant growth of teeth. I have to be blatantly honest and admit I've found it very difficult. I never thought imagined how difficult the lack of sleep actually is. I've never been one for staying up all night doing fuck all. I'm into bed early, then up early. But now I'm into bed early, and up every 2 hours trying to resettle the poor little guy. Only this last month did we finally get some handle on the reflux only for him to have 6 fucking teeth all rear their cunting white heads at once. I hate to say it, but im still waiting on this "magical experience". Because so far it's been just straight up hard work. I watched a show on TV recently where members of the public took part in SAS basic training. One of the main things to break you down is interrupting the recruits sleep. Well I have to say, id fucking piss that training now. Now the missus has had to have her gallbladder out the other day as well, so she can't lift the little guy for 2 weeks at the very least. So im juggling looking after the missus, the nipper, and two annoying little shit head dogs all at once. Apparently "it gets easier". I fucking hope so.

Make a haggis from the gall bladder and dogs.

It gets easier.

• 1 month later...

Fatherhood is weird. Babby D has been an absolute boot today from the second she woke up (6.15am) tantrums and falling into the terrible two stereotype.

Then at about 4 she asked for her potty and did a wee and a poo right off the bat. The house erupted in celebration and the previous 10 hours of stress are forgotten.

• Upvote 1

Fatherhood is weird. Babby D has been an absolute boot today from the second she woke up (6.15am) tantrums and falling into the terrible two stereotype. Then at about 4 she asked for her potty and did a wee and a poo right off the bat. The house erupted in celebration and the previous 10 hours of stress are forgotten.

Oh, and I thought you were going to tell me number 2 was on its way...

...and then you did!

Fatherhood is weird. Babby D has been an absolute boot today from the second she woke up (6.15am) tantrums and falling into the terrible two stereotype.

Then at about 4 she asked for her potty and did a wee and a poo right off the bat. The house erupted in celebration and the previous 10 hours of stress are forgotten.

It's mad. Our little fella (9 months old) isn't a good sleeper. In fact, he's terrible.

To be fair to the little bugger, he's had colic, reflux and has 10 teeth so has been basically teething non stop for months now.

Most nights he wakes up every hour, on the bloody hour. The chest 20 minutes of every day I tell myself I'm going to get the snip and he'll be an only child. Then as soon as the mad little guy sits down to eat his toast with that wide grin of his. I forget the fact I haven't slept me than 4 full hours sleep in 9 months.

• Upvote 3