You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

I doubt he will be back in the PL for a very long time if ever which is a good outcome.

A better outcome would have been have him stay put. His discomfort and antics where beginning to eclipse the Moyes fiasco and I thought it would be a very long tome before anything as funny as that came along.

Chelsea

Man City

Man Utd

Simeone

Guardiola

Ancelloti

Three clubs. Three managers. Hopefully it will be Giggs to Man Utd, but they surely won't trust a multi-billion enterprise to a novice.

They will all likely improve with managerial changes. Glad we've got Klopp to help us compete.

Ancelloti to Bayern would really put the cat amongst the pigeons and one of the 3 would have a sub standard manager. Id bet man utd.

I can't see Simeone  to Chelsea, unless he does it solely for the stupid money Abramovich will pay. He's too passionate, too Latino - that's why he thrives with Atleti where most of the players are Latino and vibe him as he does them. He'd be taking over a club whose players already quit on one manager, can't see it.

I can't see Simeone to Chelsea, unless he does it solely for the stupid money Abramovich will pay. He's too passionate, too Latino - that's why he thrives with Atleti where most of the players are Latino and vibe him as he does them. He'd be taking over a club whose players already quit on one manager, can't see it.

He could see it as a challenge?

He took a team with Lukaku, De Bruyne, Cech, David Luiz and Mata and he replaced them with Cuadrado, Salah, Baba Rahman, Begovic, Djilobodji and Falcao.

If he would of just kept the team as it was when he took over they'd be competing for titles now, which is why it's so hilarious. As for Rodgers doing something big there, what gives you the impression that he's capable of picking a player in the £20m and above category? every single signing £20m plus here has been an unmitigated disaster, i've never seen a manager so bad with money, he's the anti Rafa.

Rodgers didn't have a problem identifying top players over 20m, the club had a problem getting the players he wanted to sign.At Chelsea he would have the opposite problem, Abramovich loves the big names and BR would struggle to convince him to sign squad players.

Having thought about it I don't think he would do well there long term, Rafa was not given a fair chance there and considering a lot of young players here who haven't proved anything threw him under the bus the big names at Chelsea would do the same at the first sign of trouble.

• Downvote 4

Ancelloti to Bayern would really put the cat amongst the pigeons and one of the 3 would have a sub standard manager. Id bet man utd.

I fully expect Pep to take over at Manu, he's said in the past he likes clubs with history and not the small clubs with rich owners.

Manu is a massive club, has massive money available to spend and does not have big expectations right now.I hope I'm wrong and Manu slip further back over the next couple of years but him going to Manu looks very possible to me.

• Downvote 2

Having thought about it I don't think he would do well there long term, Rafa was not given a fair chance there and considering a lot of young players here who haven't proved anything threw him under the bus the big names at Chelsea would do the same at the first sign of trouble.

Agreed. He needs to manage a small team where the players have no expectations or aspirations.

He could see it as a challenge?

I suppose. But he seems like an old school fella to me, one who will read Chelsea and its 'fans' as shite. They'll be singing for Mourinho for the foreseeable future and I get the feeling that Simeone doesn't like Mourinho very much.

I can see him doing long term job with Atleti, don't see him as a merc.

Rodgers didn't have a problem identifying top players over 20m, the club had a problem getting the players he wanted to sign.At Chelsea he would have the opposite problem, Abramovich loves the big names and BR would struggle to convince him to sign squad players.

grange-hill-just-say-no.gif

• Upvote 1

I fully expect Pep to take over at Manu, he's said in the past he likes clubs with history and not the small clubs with rich owners.

Manu is a massive club, has massive money available to spend and does not have big expectations right now.I hope I'm wrong and Manu slip further back over the next couple of years but him going to Manu looks very possible to me.

Guardiola has been quoted as saying the MU squad is a mess and has close links from his Barca days to a pair of City directors.

City have won more trophies in recent seasons than MU, have a stronger squad, stunning training facilities, a superior youth scouting system and their under 14 team beat their MU rivals 9-0 earlier in the season. The sons of Darren Fletcher, Phill Neville and van Nestleroy all joined the City academy in the past three years.

Guardiola has a reputation to protect and enhance.

I would be amazed if he chooses MU instead of City.

He's joining City.

Give it a fucking rest for god sake about fucking Brendan. He's not getting another TOP job so deal with it. Fucking on and on and on and on....

• Upvote 3

Guardiola has been quoted as saying the MU squad is a mess and has close links from his Barca days to a pair of City directors.

City have won more trophies in recent seasons than MU, have a stronger squad, stunning training facilities, a superior youth scouting system and their under 14 team beat their MU rivals 9-0 earlier in the season. The sons of Darren Fletcher, Phill Neville and van Nestleroy all joined the City academy in the past three years.

Guardiola has a reputation to protect and enhance.

I would be amazed if he chooses MU instead of City.

The only thing I've heard that suggests he will go to city is his relationship with the directors, that could play a part but if it's so important why did he go to Bayern ahead of them.At city if he wins the league it's not a big achievement and he will have to win the cl to be considered a big success.

Even if Manu had a worse squad then they already have he still has basically unlimited funds and he should be able to attract big players, he'd have more time and would get more credit for any success they have.Graham Hunter was saying the other day how Guardiola had talked about how much respect he has for manu in the past and hunter thinks Guardiola may favour that job.

Manu looks like the best job for him imo, if he does go to city then it looks like he is only interested in easy jobs where he's guarenteed a title.

• Downvote 1

Give it a fucking rest for god sake about fucking Brendan. He's not getting another TOP job so deal with it. Fucking on and on and on and on....

We shall see, his cv will look better as time goes on and that is probably the reason he is taking a long break before he gets back into management.

Jose, Ancellotti, Klopp and other top experienced managers have had similar bad seasons with better squads.When big teams change managers BRs name will be one of those on the list, he's just been linked to Chelsea and that wouldn't be happening if everyone thought he had done a shit job at LFC.

• Downvote 4

We shall see, his cv will look better as time goes on and that is probably the reason he is taking a long break before he gets back into management.

Jose, Ancellotti, Klopp and other top experienced managers have had similar bad seasons with better squads.When big teams change managers BRs name will be one of those on the list, he's just been linked to Chelsea and that wouldn't be happening if everyone thought he had done a shit job at LFC.

Yep, that Championship play off final win on his cv will look like a European Cup in years to come.

• Upvote 3