You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I like Lambert a lot as a player. I don't know much about Can, his description sounds promising. However, I can't help but thinking that £14m could be used to upgrade Moreno and Lallana to Shaw and Barkley, two of the most promising young players in the world. I hope Rodgers knows what he's doing.

• Upvote 1

Marca are ramping up the campaign to get Suarez. They were at it again today. The best business we could do this summer would be keeping hold of him. Cue J. Henry politely telling them to fuck off (assuming no get out clause exists!)

I would assume there is a release clause.

I would assume there is a release clause.

It may only become active if we're not in the champions league. I don't think he'd have signed it without cast iron clauses this time. The uncertainty comes when trying to figure out the circumstances that would trigger such a clause(s).

Alexis Sanchez is a typical Rodgers player so I have no doubt we are interested if he is available, we heard before he came about how desperate he was to get dos Santos at swansea and how much he loved him, Sanchez is a world class version.

It will be very difficult to get him though as you would imagine a host of top clubs will be after him so I wont be holding my breath.

Article on Barry Hunter scouting Sanchez while at City:

Falling short of hiring private investigators...” he replied. “Put it this way, City were very close to signing Alexis Sanchez from Udinese in the summer of 2011. The lad who worked for me at the time, Barry Hunter, who is now at Liverpool, had been tracking Alexis with me for some time. We built a relationship up with [udinese owner] Giampaolo Pozzo, who is the chap who now owns Watford. We had done all the bog-standard scouting reports and then Baz went on over there with his agent, with the permission of Udinese.

“Baz met the kid, had a coffee with him, went back to his family home to see what kind of home he was living in – what he wanted. Was it an apartment in the city? The kid liked tennis, played the piano. We went to training and watched him there. Baz had coffee and went to the beautiful town of Udine and actually just followed him for a bit to see where he was going, what he was doing, what he liked doing in his spare time.”

User Actions

Follow

photo-2_bigger.JPGBen SmithVerified account[/size]@BenSmithBBC

@CameronDann all about Barcelona being willing to sell, Liverpool are certainly interested in him

It's all about the formatting.

It's all about the formatting.

Can't be arsed.  This site is as good for copy / pasting.  The last one was far easier and quicker.

I like Lambert a lot as a player. I don't know much about Can, his description sounds promising. However, I can't help but thinking that £14m could be used to upgrade Moreno and Lallana to Shaw and Barkley, two of the most promising young players in the world. I hope Rodgers knows what he's doing.

I think Moreno will be a better player than Shaw myself. Shaw is more talented than Rodriguez (although out of the three I think Rodriguez is the better player right now) but I think Moreno is more talented than both of them. Which out of Moreno or Shaw is better right now is up for debate, mainly because they've been playing in different leagues.

I do agree that I'd rather we spend £32-35m on Barkley than the £30m Southampton are said to want on Lallana, but I'll give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt.

If we could get Barkley for only a few million more than Lallana we should. But I can't see it. Everton wouldn't sell to us, no way. There would be murder. 

Whoever said Man Utd might buy Barkley, for a LOT of money, after coming up short going after established CL players, might have a good point. I hope it doesn't pan out like that.