You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Only got the final episode of The Traitors (season two) to watch. Unfortunately I know who wins it but she doesn’t and it’s annoying me that she can’t see how obvious it is. 

I said this earlier but naive young women getting taken in then let down by pretty charmers is as old as time. In a Victorian novel she’d be pregnant. 

• Upvote 1

Watched that G’wed 1st episode last night. Like they gave a 6th form arts class the cameras and told them to go and make a TV series, but they have only ever watched The Derry Girls. 
So bad worth watching.

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I said this earlier but naive young women getting taken in then let down by pretty charmers is as old as time. In a Victorian novel she’d be pregnant. 

That Catherine would be if I was in it. And Mollie

On the fence with True Detective: Night Country thus far.

I like the premise, it's reminiscent of The Terror and The Thing. But it also feels like the set-up, cinematography and atmosphere are perhaps doing the heavy lifting in lieu of characters with depth and a tight script.

Hope it picks up. I'm intrigued, but not gripped. Can't shake this feeling it's style over substance though, all a bit Mike Flanagan, and a show runner has tried to make a mash-up of Mare of Easttown, The Thing and The Terror, with a clumsy noble savage subtext.

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Is this the WWII From The Frontlines one? 

If so, it's unreal. Can't rate it. 

Mate, that new Netflix one is absolute shite. There’s no detail or new stuff in it. There’s so much better WW2 stuff out there.

The World At War for a start. It’s absolutely timeless, still possibly the greatest documentary series of all time. 

Even on Netflix there’s better shows. The one about the Einsatzgruppen is fucking harrowing, man. If you wanna learn about the real horrors of the Nazis on Netflix then that’s what you should be watching. I had to switch it off for a bit at times. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mate, that new Netflix one is absolute shite. There’s no detail or new stuff in it. There’s so much better WW2 stuff out there.

The World At War for a start. It’s absolutely timeless, still possibly the greatest documentary series of all time. 

Even on Netflix there’s better shows. The one about the Einsatzgruppen is fucking harrowing, man. If you wanna learn about the real horrors of the Nazis on Netflix then that’s what you should be watching. I had to switch it off for a bit at times. 

Yeah the world at war is amazing obviously. Are we one about the same thing? If so then I think it’s brilliant to watch. Pieces the timeline together better than others. Some great colour footage. Also as mentioned, unbiased in what it recounts. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yeah the world at war is amazing obviously. Are we one about the same thing? If so then I think it’s brilliant to watch. Pieces the timeline together better than others. Some great colour footage. Also as mentioned, unbiased in what it recounts. 

Even the previous WW2 In Colour ones are better. I’m not having that this new one is some amazing show. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Read "History of an Obsession" by Klaus Fischer, covers this quite comprehensively. 

Grim beyond words.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What would you go for, Stouff? Paperback or Hardcover?

IMG_3780.jpeg

It's not an old book obviously so don't now where that price is coming from.

I've got a hardback copy I don't mind sending you if you want to read it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

After an agonising two seconds of thinking about it I went for the hardcover. 

It's a bloody hard read, only two books have ever made me cry and that is one of them.

Just now, Stouffer said:

It's not an old book obviously so don't now where that price is coming from.

I've got a hardback copy I don't mind sending you if you want to read it.

I’ve ordered it mate. It’ll look grand on the bookshelf that’s overflowing with books I’m definitely gonna read one day. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Back to TV shows, Brassic is sound. I’m on series four now and it seems to have got much funnier, even though Michelle Keegan is slowly turning into a duck.  

Bronagh Gallagher cracks me up and Old Jim is funny as fuck.

• Haha 2