You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout 4

Cardie

Crafted myself a pretty decent sniper rifle as early as possible. Headshotting the fuck out of everything as per usual now.

Gone for the rank ones in weapon and armour crafting early on, lockpick, ammo finding and a couple into core stats.

Can you mod a normal rifle into a sniper rifle?

Any if the pipe rifle range of weapons can just by crafting a scope so I think other rifles can as well.

Never really bothered with mods in other Fallouts, usually loot and sell then buy the best weapons or find them.

Loving this game, has lived up to my expectations.

The building tool is surprisingly restrictive, the ability to switch off auto snapping to other pieces and the ability to clip through existing structures would make it far more intuitive.

Sick of having to make do with a wall floating 6 inches off the ground or a poorly constructed corner of a building ruining the look.

How much of an improvement is this on 3/NV?

The graphics are better but not as much as I was hoping for to be honest. Then again the last time I played Fallout 3 was with a load of graphics mods to make it look nicer.

The shooting is much better. You can play it as a FPS if you so wish.

I preferred 3 at the start (but then again it was all new to me) but this gets much better as you get into it. No idea what will be better at the end as I'm only level 23 and there is loads of it left.

Bugs not that bad so far.

I am level 14 and just had a go at fighting super mutants, got killed very quickly!

How have you guys found the best way of getting good weapons and Armour?

I took the first level crafting perks pretty early, and then tweaked the different stuff I found.

If you want a bit of extra XP, and can be arsed, then lockpick safes with terminals attached, then lock them and repeat.

I am level 14 and just had a go at fighting super mutants, got killed very quickly!

How have you guys found the best way of getting good weapons and Armour?

I went exploring earlier on and ended up getting legged by a load of stuff a full 40 levels higher than me with proper names with skulls next to them. I killed one but couldn't find the body because I got chased so far away. Bugger.

Best way of getting good weapons is probably making them. My sniper rifle is make out of a hunting rifle from a super mutant at the water treatment plant. Legendary enemies have good weapons on them if you kill them. They can also be upgraded.

I'm now level 26. Oil is the resource I seem to need most. Always pick up anything with oil in it.

As for armour I am still the Silver Shroud. I do have 2 full sets of power armour and another half set but never use them.