You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are you watching?

Bjornebye

Not sure when it was made but it was nerve hitting. Just shows what can happen to a community if the main player pulls out.

Anfield springs to mind.

Detroit's a symbol of how fucked up US/UK shareholder capitalism is, northern towns over here won't be - and indeed aren't - far behind.

Detroit's a symbol of how fucked up US/UK shareholder capitalism is, northern towns over here won't be - and indeed aren't - far behind.

I said it to some people for ages,rather than let the likes of Apple and other US/UK based companys make billions in profit by selling items for top prices here while making and shipping them in from sweetshops in the far east id tell themif the work was not brought home i would be taxing the fuck out of them on imports.They couldnt do a thing about it if they wanted the items sold to its biggest market.Factory jobs are not fun for anyone that has done them but they are better than no work at all.A city like Detroit could be rebuilt really quickly f you could get the factories back open again

Hitler in colour about to start, been looking forward to this.

Then gonna give that Tinker, Taylor Soldier Spy a bash after it. Heard it's good.

Was going to watch that too but was too knackered so it went on record. It didnt get great reviews first time round but its a quality cast

• 1 month later...

Got one episode left to watch of Bates Motel. Must say, that after a slowish start I've really warmed to this and now really enjoy it.

However, I find myself saying out loud, to the TV, "Just kill her, eat her, fuck her.". That's happened a few times, a good thing right ??

And the casting is excellent.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think the young lad is good casting. He could well be the young Bates from Psycho. I didn't think 'Mother' was all that great. It wasn't anywhere near eerie enough for me. I wanted a lot more batshit crazy stuff. 

I think the young lad is good casting. He could well be the young Bates from Psycho. I didn't think 'Mother' was all that great. It wasn't anywhere near eerie enough for me. I wanted a lot more batshit crazy stuff. 

I know what you mean NV, but I thought the scenes between Norman and his Ma were very creepy indeed; will he or won't he give her one ?

I found myself wanting to poke the loopy Mrs Bates too. Is that wrong ?

I like the mother in it. She's a good actress. I liked her in The Conjuring as well. It's a good programme, it's aimed at teenagers a bit at times, but it's a decent watch. Don't want to put too bad a spoiler but I didn't like the plot involving the marijuana. Seemed a bit needless.

I've just watched season 3 of Hell On Wheels and I'm now watching Brotherhood again on Netflix.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I hope he fucks his Ma. Firstly, because it would up the freakiness by about 12 points. Secondly, because I'm a bit of a perv and want to see it. Fnar. To be honest, this was a bit like diet Coke. Who wants to live in a world with classic Coke? 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else watching Alan Yentob's Imagine...Turning the Art World Inside Out, about artists outside the mainstream, many of whom have mental health or learning disabilities. Absolutely fascinating...and some amazing work on show.

Completely different but his programme on the role of Jews and the development of musicals last week was also really good.

I really should be getting ready to go out to work

You lucky, lucky person. I'd love to watch that for the first fime again. Make sure you check out the viewing order guide. It helps.

I've never seen it either. Is it really that good? I might have to buy a box set.

I'm no good at watching TV serials because I have a short attention span when it comes to TV. Sometimes I just don't feel like watching it. I'll Sky Plus the first episode of something because it looks good, then the following week and episode 2 will come around and I still won't have watched episode 1. So I'll Sky Plus episode 2. And series link it. Then it snowballs to the point where I have 5 or 6 episodes recorded, and I'll say "fuck it, I'm never going to watch those". And delete them all. Worratwat.

DVDs or downloads are probably the way forward for me.

I've never seen it either. Is it really that good? I might have to buy a box set.

I'm no good at watching TV serials because I have a short attention span when it comes to TV. Sometimes I just don't feel like watching it. I'll Sky Plus the first episode of something because it looks good, then the following week and episode 2 will come around and I still won't have watched episode 1. So I'll Sky Plus episode 2. And series link it. Then it snowballs to the point where I have 5 or 6 episodes recorded, and I'll say "fuck it, I'm never going to watch those". And delete them all. Worratwat.

DVDs or downloads are probably the way forward for me.

I am similar but having said that I absolutely loved watching The Wire last winter. Miserable weather, dark nights...I'm looking for someone to pitch me another

Tomorrow is ace:

- Day 1 of the Ashes series

- World Cup of Golf from Melbourne (ie ideal timeslot)

- Aussie Rules draft day, so good to see which youngsters your club gets through the youth system.

- For shits and giggles, Uruguay is playing against arabs in some random sport I've barely heard of.

Tales from the Crypt - Wanted some fairly easy watching after Breaking Bad and wasn't sure what to watch after anyway. Was leaning towards Sons of Anarchy or Justified as they'e on Netflix, but I was making my way through Oz with the gf before we broke up so might go back and finish that off again. Here's a link for TotC if anyone wants to watch it http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2gERbCUpCd9yFnMp8aOG9A/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=list

Anyone else watching Alan Yentob's Imagine...Turning the Art World Inside Out, about artists outside the mainstream, many of whom have mental health or learning disabilities. Absolutely fascinating...and some amazing work on show.

Completely different but his programme on the role of Jews and the development of musicals last week was also really good.

I really should be getting ready to go out to work

No-one, then?