You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Anny Road

On 20/01/2023 at 15:06, Section_31 said:

He's still and always has been an underrated force in film. There's loads of films he's done which wouldn't have been anywhere near as good if they'd had alternative actors. They've tried to plug the gap with other action 'heroes' since and nobody has come close. Other than Shatner, he's the only celebrity I'd completely go to pieces around. 

He has sky high emotional intelligence and is really self-aware. Understands some of these movies are completely insane and plays it as straight as a normal person can.

Not too much winking at the camera, but not too serious either.

• Upvote 1

All the Arnie/Stallone films from back in their prime are pretty good,even the bad ones are good in a crigey shite type of way. Too many people today want to be a critic everytime they watch a film. Just switch off for 90 mins and watch it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Terminator 2

Predator 

Running Man

Total Recall

Were all truly incredible films and among the very best in their genres ever made.

I’d have the first Terminator movie over those.

I can’t remember ever being that tense watching a movie before, completely unique experience.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

He is a tosser and most of his films are shite.

I'm not a fan of action movies but he was perfect for them. Much better than The Rock, etc. Not that I watch any of them.

The Running Man was ace, though.