You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Or just play him because he's got a long contract, and then cash in when our situation has improved. It's bad enough that we have to rebuild our defence this season. Could do without losing our best attacker as well.

Can you honestly see Suarez not throwing his toys out of the pram if the club refuse to sell him? I

I don't think you can accuse Suarez of not knowing what it means to play for Liverpool. Fair enough the man hates to lose, and fights tooth and nail for everything (no pun intended). He wants to win, and he wants to win for this club. The two are indistinguishable.

If he stays I hope he doesn't try to do everything himself all the time. He has to play more as a team player than an individual. If he stays I hope he plays on the right, with Sturridge central.

If he wants to go, fair enough, wish him well and just hope we get a good fee £50+ million. If it is Real Madrid £60+ million.

I'd be quite happy if he played exactly as he did this season. You know, like the best player in the country.

Would be an absolute waste of his talent to stick him out on the right.

I don't think you can accuse Suarez of not knowing what it means to play for Liverpool. Fair enough the man hates to lose, and fights tooth and nail for everything (no pun intended). He wants to win, and he wants to win for this club. The two are indistinguishable.

I just don't believe that if you want away,you can go on the pitch and be totally committed to the cause,you would hope a player would be professional enough to be so,but I have my doubts

I just don't believe that if you want away,you can go on the pitch and be totally committed to the cause,you would hope a player would be professional enough to be so,but I have my doubts

70% of Suarez is still a fair bit better than 130% of anyone we could replace him with.

70% of Suarez is still a fair bit better than 130% of anyone we could replace him with.

Assuming you would get the 70% of course,just can't get past the thought that we need every player in every game 100% totally committed to the cause,and if pre season you are angling for a move,for whatever reason you give,and you don't manage to get away,I really dont think you will get a fully committed performance.I may be wrong,but I doubt it.

Keep.

We need to sign more top quality players. What would attract them to play for Liverpool? Not European football, huge wages or a world-renowned manager. Maybe the history of the club - but we can only draw on that for so long.

Any transfer targets would need to be convinced that they will be playing alongside world class players in an ambitious team that's going places. If we sell Suarez, that argument goes out of the window - and with it, any chance of significantly improving our squad.