You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

from The Mirror.

Meanwhile Brendan Rodgers still has the air of a man who is pretending to be a football manager into his bathroom mirror while having a shave, the football equivalent of playing air guitar with a tennis racket.

Be fair now, it's from a 'comedy' running commentary by someone on last nights MOTD, it's not meant as a scathing put-down on a match report by one of the chief writers.

I suggest you knew that already though.

from The Mirror.

Meanwhile Brendan Rodgers still has the air of a man who is pretending to be a football manager into his bathroom mirror while having a shave, the football equivalent of playing air guitar with a tennis racket.

So, a bit like you then?

Be fair now, it's from a 'comedy' running commentary by someone on last nights MOTD, it's not meant as a scathing put-down on a match report by one of the chief writers.

Code is as original as an Asian drug dealer driving a Subaru, a blue one, with gold-coloured rims.

I just found it funny.

What exactly did he say after the game yesterday?

The problem with saying 'let's give him another year' is, let's face it, if we're not quick out of the blocks people will be calling for his head and it'll be a Christmas departure. Managers should only be replaced before the summer transfer windows open IMO.

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous that sacking him is even being entertained. Why wasnt this thread started after we beat Spurs? The people jumping on the bandwagon to get him sacked have been wanted him out for months but havent said it for fear of being jumped on so they continued with sly little digs and picked on everything he said or done until they plucked up the courage to come out and say it. I seen this coming a mile off.

You cannot just keep sacking managers with the position the club is in at the moment. It isnt feasible to give one person 12 months of bedding in with a new squad of players, then decide it isnt working, sack him, appoint a new guy and rinse and repeat for the next 12 months.

Ever since Rodgers has come in we have seen steady improvement in the league. We have been improving week on week with a little blip every 4/5 weeks. That is what happens. Our goal tally has improved significantly. Our defence has started shipping goals as a result but not one person on this forum can say they would have minded us letting in a few more last season so we could fix what was a blatant problem in the team. It's not a surprise and no matter who was in charge the exact same thing would be happening.

If he is sacked this summer, we will be worse off because it will be another manager with another man's group of players bar the 2 or 3 he has signed himself. He has done in signing Coutinho and Sturridge, so that's the attacking problems seemingly sorted, so let him tinker with his system in the summer and sort out the defence before a proper judgement is made.

This season was always about laying the foundations, we knew that last summer.

I'm beginning to think there's one or two on here that aren't.

Its pretty obvious that theres a certain nobhead on this thread who feels a bit happy inside when Brendan fails (and hence, when we do).

This thread is fucking moronic. The people on here saying he should be gone are probably the same ones who were offended at Kenny's sacking.

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous that sacking him is even being entertained. Why wasnt this thread started after we beat Spurs? The people jumping on the bandwagon to get him sacked have been wanted him out for months but havent said it for fear of being jumped on so they continued with sly little digs and picked on everything he said or done until they plucked up the courage to come out and say it. I seen this coming a mile off.

You cannot just keep sacking managers with the position the club is in at the moment. It isnt feasible to give one person 12 months of bedding in with a new squad of players, then decide it isnt working, sack him, appoint a new guy and rinse and repeat for the next 12 months.

Ever since Rodgers has come in we have seen steady improvement in the league. We have been improving week on week with a little blip every 4/5 weeks. That is what happens. Our goal tally has improved significantly. Our defence has started shipping goals as a result but not one person on this forum can say they would have minded us letting in a few more last season so we could fix what was a blatant problem in the team. It's not a surprise and no matter who was in charge the exact same thing would be happening.

If he is sacked this summer, we will be worse off because it will be another manager with another man's group of players bar the 2 or 3 he has signed himself. He has done in signing Coutinho and Sturridge, so that's the attacking problems seemingly sorted, so let him tinker with his system in the summer and sort out the defence before a proper judgement is made.

This season was always about laying the foundations, we knew that last summer.

Maybe we could have appointed an experienced/qualified manager with a track record of success and given him more than 12 months Rob?

This isn't specific to Rodgers, but it baffles me when a manager selects a set-up and personnel combination which has been less than effective on previous evidence. I can only hope that the only reason they repeat these mistakes is to convince themselves that it is these variables that cause the poor results and performances. A 'live' assessment rather than one based on paper and mere theory if you like. If this is indeed the case, I would hope the coaching staff and the players have the wherewithal to learn from the experience, adapt, improve and avoid repeating mistakes, otherwise the team will always be stuck in a cycle of inconsistency and a collective determination which is extremely fragile when tested.

All well and good saying that when it wasnt really a reality, Col.

Unless we wanted Benitez or Van Gaal who boht would have came with massive baggage and the latter who doesnt have a track record for staying in one place for a long time.

He would have been at the club 2 years max before he'd have either got bored or we would have got bored with him falling out with everyone.

I could have put up with him on a two year contract to come in, assess the squad and get rid of the pussy's and shite irrespective of reputation and put us on a platform to push on.