You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its not all Reina's fault i've watched the goal again and though what if skrtel just followed the ball and shoots it away instead of asking reina to come out ??

Reina has no business being out there. Skrtel had that covered and has to run back to protect the goal that Reina should have been in. Definitely on Pepe that mistake. Our defenders had that under control in the last 15 mins, in my opinion.

there are signs of real progress which is what a lot of us wanted to see this season. Top 4 is a long shot but you never know. We've got a decnt run in and no-one else is showing much either.

Played the champions off the park today. Reinas brainfart shouldn't be happening at this stage of his career. Mindless stuff. Sturridge outstanding. Looks like a great bit of business.

Despite everything I'm optimistic.

Similar to the home game with City. Great performance. Should have won. Would have won but for a ridiculous individual error. Seriously, Reina, what were you thinking of? Having said that it was a great finish from Aguero. Nine times out of ten he loses his bearings and prods it aimlessly wide or somewhere a defender can clear it but it's us and everything that can possibly goes wrong always does.

Would have been happy to be offered 2 draws from these fixtures at the start of the week but really gutted we didn't manage to win at least one of them. Lack of confidence rather than ability seems to be the main problem with this team and the boost a win in one of these games and the momentum it would have given us for the rest of the season would have been huge.

But plenty of positives to take from that game. Sturridge was outstanding. Thought Gerrard was maybe finished at the start of the season but it looks like it was just a bad patch as he's been brilliant recently. Thought Henderson was very good again too.

Maybe its not all Reina's fault i've watched the goal again and though what if skrtel just followed the ball and shoots it away instead of asking reina to come out ??

but if skrtel doesn't see reina coming out he goes with aguero,but he sees reina so has to try and cover him.

fucking sick of Pepe gifting goals, god knows how many times he has done it over last few years

but that aside I'd have taken a draw before hand and we played really well, top quality performance from Sturridge and as a whole we were very good and without doubt deserved the 3 points

Gutted with that result.

That aside we were brilliant today, everyone right up for it, it really does bode well for the future, especially next season.

Next season will be our season, right? How long have we been fucking saying that now?

We were quite good today, but we've been having massive spazzes in nearly every game of real importance we've played for what seems like absolutely years. It's why we couldn't win the title under Rafa, it's why we couldn't seal the deal today.

Progress is great, but to me real progress is making the decision not to keep shooting ourselves in the fucking foot every time we look like succeeding. I'm tired of looking forward to next season. It'll only happen when we stop setting ourselves up for disappointment and just grab it.

2 points from 2 very tough games, but it could and probably should have been 6. Very disappointing, which is a sign of progress I suppose. Need to build on this now.

Think the referee deserves a mention today, was very good in the home game against Newcastle in November and did well today. Lets the game flow and doesn't get involved unless he has to.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, I could piss and moan, call various people a cunt, twist some statistics and derange various threads, but I'm choosing not to.

So really, you're the reason we're doing so poorly? Time to pull your weight, sunshine.

It's almost as if we have to gift city a goal and a point when we play them these days so they have a chance of catching up Corned Beef Cheeks's other Manchester team.

Have been critical of Henderson but he looks to be coming good at last. Chased all over the park and used the ball better. Loads of optimism due to youthful nature of this team.