You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theft League

LFC64

Is it a studenty area Noos?

Lots of lap tops, ipads, nice phones and shit in rented accomodation with little to no security.

I dont know the answer to that but even so that is no different from so many towns and cities across the UK and equally, in the scheme of things these would likely be fairly small claims and how many students actually have insurance.

Very odd

Theft League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're not doing too well in the UK burglary league considering all scousers are thieving bastards;

You might want to consider that its not a list for where the "theiving bastards" live, more a case of where the theiving takes place.

:whistle:

Theft League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're not doing too well in the UK burglary league considering all scousers are thieving bastards;

You might want to consider that its not a list for where the "theiving bastards" live, more a case of where the theiving takes place.

oh so they could be commuters from over the Pennines these burglars then?

Is it a studenty area Noos?

Lots of lap tops, ipads, nice phones and shit in rented accomodation with little to no security.

Nope, not studenty at all. In fact, I'd struggle to believe it was even the most burgled area in Leeds, let alone the UK.

Reading the list - Horsforth at number 7?? What a load of bollocks. What does "number of claims per 1000 enquiries" mean? Sounds like some PR fanny trying to drum traffic to their comparison website to me.

Theft League

Not having a pop at Yorkshire or indeed anywhere mate. Just like to expose stereotyping when the opportunity arises.

Just checked back to confirm that it is list of postcodes most likely to make an insurance claim for theft, rather than numbers of thefts themselves. What about all the areas where people are too poor to even be able to afford insurance, ie those that need it most

I'm surprised at that, as LS13 is not even a particularly rough part of Leeds, nor is it particularly affluent. It doesn't even border the roughest parts of the city, so no idea why it should be the most burgled.

Hawky Estate mate. Rough as fuck.

Hawky Estate mate. Rough as fuck.

LS13 is not the Hawksworth's is it? LS13 shows on bing maps as being that bottom end of Bramley going down towards the river - the other side of which is the relatively posh quiet suburban Newlaithes. Unless you mean the Hawksworth estate counts as Horsforth? I don't think it does - it's more part of Kirkstall/West Park I would have thought, and even then it's nowhere near as rough as Middleton, Belle Isle, Hunslet, Gipton, Chapeltown, Harehills or half a dozen other ropey council estates around Leeds.

I'm surprised at that, as LS13 is not even a particularly rough part of Leeds, nor is it particularly affluent. It doesn't even border the roughest parts of the city, so no idea why it should be the most burgled.

Nope, not studenty at all. In fact, I'd struggle to believe it was even the most burgled area in Leeds, let alone the UK.

Reading the list - Horsforth at number 7?? What a load of bollocks. What does "number of claims per 1000 enquiries" mean? Sounds like some PR fanny trying to drum traffic to their comparison website to me.

Are you joking! You need to (actually, please dont) frequent Pudsey, Bramley etc more often. Its not rough in the sense that you'll go there and get stabbed but its run down to fuck and I can easily imagine it being full of thieves. Also, its right next to kirkstall which is teeming with students and youngsters (oddly enough) and again, I could imagine it being crime heavy.

I think many would presume Chapeltown being heavy with crime but house robbery rarely occurs there - I remember speaking to a police officer about it a few years back. Surprised Gipton isn't on there.

LS13 is not the Hawksworth's is it? LS13 shows on bing maps as being that bottom end of Bramley going down towards the river - the other side of which is the relatively posh quiet suburban Newlaithes. Unless you mean the Hawksworth estate counts as Horsforth? I don't think it does - it's more part of Kirkstall/West Park I would have thought, and even then it's nowhere near as rough as Middleton, Belle Isle, Hunslet, Gipton, Chapeltown, Harehills or half a dozen other ropey council estates around Leeds.

It really isn't that rough. Especially for stuff like house robberies. Shootings etc, its the place to be haha.

You have to remember that the "rough" parts aren't really going to feature on this list. Its generally where most affluent houses will be purely because thats who robbers want to rob.

LS13 is not the Hawksworth's is it? LS13 shows on bing maps as being that bottom end of Bramley going down towards the river - the other side of which is the relatively posh quiet suburban Newlaithes. Unless you mean the Hawksworth estate counts as Horsforth? I don't think it does - it's more part of Kirkstall/West Park I would have thought' date=' and even then it's nowhere near as rough as Middleton, Belle Isle, Hunslet, Gipton, Chapeltown, Harehills or half a dozen other ropey council estates around Leeds.[/quote']

Chapeltown was the haunt of Mr Ripper wasn't it?