You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

I think both Sturridge and Walcott are the type of players who flourish when things are going well. However they can become passengers when things get tough. They are both young(ish) and to me don't seem to have grit about them. Saying that they may look to prove themselves in a new club.

I've mentioned here before that it seems obvious that Sturridge hates Torres so doing well at the club that idolised him might spur him on.

Walcott hasn't had the chance, not exactly his fault that. It is a team game. Pedro grew up at the best club in the world, Walcott didn't.

Gerrard probably won't win the Premiership, doesn't mean someone like Carrick who has a few titles is better than him.

Pedro came through a team in Tenerifè's youth academy, not the best team in the world.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I dread to think how many goals Walcott would score in Spain, let alone for Barcelona. He'd rip a lot of the high-line defences a new one.

The thread should have been: Daniel Sturridge, can he improve us?

Some posters seem to think that Sturridge is the new Downing.

May I ask what has lead them to that train of thought?

1. Because he's another overrtaed and overpriced English player.

2. Because he can't get into the Chelsea team.

3. Because he's allegedly a "cunt" with an "attitude".

4. Because he will probably cost £10 million or so.

This isn't my opinion, it's what people seem to have been saying against his signing.

I like Walcott too, but he picks up a niggle almost every other week it seems.

Don't be silly, he's not playing well and you know it, I couldn't give a shit who signed him and if he starts playing well I'll be the 1st to say it, you're blinded by patriotism

Ridiculous assertion made even more ridiculous by you saying you don't write off young players whilst continually attacking this young player five months into his Liverpool career.

Ridiculous assertion made even more ridiculous by you saying you don't write off young players whilst continually attacking this young player five months into his Liverpool career.

Never wrote him off, just said he's not an improvement on what we have, I've said on several occasions I seen little of him at Swansea and am basing my opinion on the 20+ games he's played for us, and so far bar one or 2 games he's been average at best but shit in some, I don't write off young players or claim to be a psychological expert which many including yourself seem to think you are when casting opinions on other young players, I say what I see, and so far it's been an unimpressive signing.

Given some of the impatience and criticism shown on forums for LFC players, managers and teams in the early stages of development, you'd think life can only move in a completely unimpeded straight line to success, or be written off as a failure. Bizarrely black and white stance in the face of all evidence.

Allen looks like a lad who's taken a massive step up professionally and has immediately had to patch holes in a midfield missing a crucial cog at the same time as becoming a Dad for the first time, nothing more. After a really promising start he now looks like he needs a short breather, which no doubt in a few games when Rodgers can be sure the risk of Lucas breaking down again has lessened, he'll get for Henderson who's been picking up more and more minutes lately without looking so terrified. They're human.

The bottom line on any of Allen, Sahin, Gerrard (here and now) or Lucas - even Henderson, is they are all tidy and efficient. All would look good sitting next to A Nother with serious pace/power/energy. None have looked that good next to each other. None are an above average #10. So far none looks like they should be supporting Suarez - SG might still have that but he has not shown it in near two years.