You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

I looked on twitter last night and saw the headline along the lines of Liverpool to target Argentina striker, my mind starting racing with possibilities of Higuain etc or if we were being more realistic the likes of Lisandro Lopez, I click the link to find Franco Di Santo.....

to be fair he does have times where he looks capable of being a real decent player but he doesn't do it often enough, I don't think its true anyway

11 goals in 80 games for Wigan, none in the last 12. 1 goal in 25 when on loan at Blackburn.

Franco Di Santo is absolutely fucking dog shit. The only logic I see in signing him would be to prevent him having the annual world class performance against us that seemingly every shit carthorse striker in the Premier League seems to have against our supposedly boss world class defence.

BR is still getting the benefit of the doubt from me due to the shower of shite he inherited and the fact he is still little over half a year in to the job. However if he goes near this absolute no mark then it's grounds for instant dismissal. If Hodgson wanted Di Santo he'd have been chased out of Merseyside and for that reason I can't entertain the idea that this is anything other than senseless speculation.

Two new centre backs with the ability to win headers against fucking journeymen queers like Kenwyne Jones and Johnathan Walters, that'd be a fucking good starting point for our search.

(Fazio, Samba, Papadopoulos, Subotic, Douglas, Howedes) (Try Coates, Coady and Wisdom, for fucks sake) (How about Shawcross or Wilkinson?)

A goalkeeper with the ability to 'react' quickly to shots on his goal. We may as well have a fucking mannequin in our goal at present. React, dominate area, control and work well in tandem with the centre backs, just basics, that's all I'm looking for.

(Butland, end of)

A defensive midfielder capable of standing his ground and winning a header, or out-muscling a player from time to time.

(M'Villa, train Shelvey up to do the destroyer role, Coady, Träsch, Neustädter)

A mobile and dangerous attacker to help Suarez and Borini out.

(Schurrle, Di Natale, Ba, Llorente, Susaeta, Henrik Mkhitaryan, Jovetic) MORGAN

I'd be more than willing to sell Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, Reina to help facilitate the purchase of 5 players who would push us into the Champions League places.

Fill the gaps and we might have a team ready to play now not in 2-3 years

--------------------GK

Johnson--Skrtel/Agger--CB--LB

-----------Lucas---DM

---------------Gerrard

---RF------------------LF

---------------Suarez

Agree with this, the midfield positions could be switched around a bit too once Lucas is either more fit or if the DM we buy is just a better athlete, interceptor.

Rodgers or a manager like him would have been just fine right after Rafa left. Masch (or a player like him) is exactly what we're missing right now. Lucas for me can be the perfect link player between attack and defense in a short pass-and-move style game, he's got enough about him both ways (especially if his shooting can improve) to make good runs, hit good passes, etc but doesn't have the range of Xabi or the mobility Masch had. If we found a player like Masch who I think would be easier to find than one like Xabi then we could play the one DM - 2 CM's with one being more attacking and Lucas would be perfect for the one that is more reserved.

We'll probably try Sturridge at RF, I almost feel as though it'd be better to play Suarez at LF and Sturridge through the middle but we'll have to see what Rodgers does if Sturridge comes. Sterling does need games at LF but as of right now I think it's better that he's not guaranteed to start every game.

Suso should be Gerrard's understudy, the only way I see that changing is if we bring someone else in like Eriksen from Ajax who would immediately displace him as the best man for that job. Suso's clearly a different style of player but if he could learn some things from Gerrard and bulk up a bit then it would only be to his benefit.

No idea who the new LB should be, sure I could rattle off a few names from FIFA 13 but that'd be pointless. Really I think Enrique is fine but they need to make better decisions and since at the time we don't have the ideal DM for how we want to play, Rodgers needs to adapt his tactics a bit so we don't get exposed there on either side.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yeah that's why I asked... I'm not against Reina going but replacing him with a kid wouldn't inspire me. That said, I don't know how good he is.

Who really knows. From what I've seen, he looks terrific. He's talk, has great reflexes, good reading, dominant in the air (6ft 5 helps). Who really knows, though? Everybody who's anybody says he's the realist of the deals, but every transfer is a chance.