You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Adam is a robust player who is generally off the pace, so this sort of tackle - fractionally late - is a feature of his game. I completely agree with the opening poster in that it was clumsy but not premeditated. Bale does himself no favors by bleating on in the press about it. He should have had a word with Adam, which would have likely ended with a handshake, ginger beers all round, and then both players would have moved on. Going to the press stokes the fire and keeps the issue going now.

As for whether this sort of tackle should be happening in what is essentially a 'fitness' game is a point worth debating. I think a certain understanding would have been shared between both parties before the game if that was the case, but the way the players approached the game seemed to be all business, even if not at the intensity of a Premier League game.

Besides Adam being slow and prone to the odd mistimed tackle, I also blame the rubbish pitch. The ball seemed to stick to the surface and I'm sure Adam felt he could reach it as Bale was hardly galloping away.

The final comment must go to karma, eh Gareth? Injured for the Olympics then fine to play for Spurs a couple of days later? Shouldn't have even been there...

Hang on a minute Rev. Karma? You're blurring the boundaries here a bit....

“Adam a ‘jealous coward’? Behave yerselves” by Dave Usher

So Charlie Adam is branded ‘a coward’ by Gareth Bale, whilst Kyle Walker claims Adam is ‘jealous’ of the Spurs winger. This whole thing is laughable. Does Adam have a problem with Bale? Clearly yes. Is it because he’s jealous? Don’t be daft.

Walker said: “Players shouldn’t hate Gareth, they should appreciate playing against a player like him. They could actually learn from him, rather than kick him. He’s a great player.”

Learn from him? Learn what exactly? Adam could learn from players like Alonso and Xavi for example, but Charlie Adam couldn’t outrun a milk float so what is he going to learn from a player who’s main attribute is searing pace and who plays in a completely different position to him.

What’s he gonna do Kyle, watch Bale sprint 80 yards in 5 seconds leaving three players trailing in his wake and say to himself: “Ok, I think I got that, now I’m gonna try it”? It is possible to dislike someone without being jealous of them you know.

After watching him last season I don’t like Gareth Bale either. Am I jealous too? Well actually yes, I am, he plays football for a living and earns millions of pounds a year, so of course I am. I’m jealous of the vast majority of Premier League footballers but I don’t dislike them all, so that’s where Walker’s argument goes out the window. I used to really like Bale too, until he started with the unnecessary diving. He even did an interview where he admitted diving and justified it by saying he’s doing it to ‘protect himself’.

Adam and Bale have history, as Adam put the simian featured winger out of action for three months with a terrible challenge when he was playing for Blackpool. The foul on Saturday night was naughty too, and Bale claims there was no apology afterwards which certainly adds weight to the claim that Adam has beef with him.

It was a bad tackle and clearly for whatever reason Adam just doesn’t like Gareth Bale. Jealousy of his ability has nothing to do with it though, if Charlie went round kicking everyone who was better than him then he’d never have time to do anything else.

Maybe Adam had a bad experience in the chimp enclosure at the zoo when he was a kid? Maybe he has an irrational hatred for PG Tips, or maybe he just thinks Bale is a knob and he enjoys fouling him. I don’t know what his problem with the Welshman is, but it’s not down to jealousy that’s for sure.

straight in the next book that one chief

Guest ShoePiss
That is a quality rant Dave, loved this bit;

'maybe he just thinks Bale is a knob and he enjoys fouling him'.

Absolutely, in fact I actually used it tonight in conversation. I cringed a little due to being a thief but also enjoyed saying it.

Absolutely, in fact I actually used it tonight in conversation. I cringed a little due to being a thief but also enjoyed saying it.

You do enjoy fouling certain players more than others. For example some middle aged prick who's trying to do step overs is going six foot up in the air the first ten minutes in to a game without fail.

You do enjoy fouling certain players more than others. For example some middle aged prick who's trying to do step overs is going six foot up in the air the first ten minutes in to a game without fail.

Middle aged? Ive been doing it all wrong.

I thought the proper rule is ANY player giving it the whole step overs charlie big bananas is going to get the "treatment"

Guest ShoePiss

Not sure why you quoted my post to write that.

Middle aged? Ive been doing it all wrong.

I thought the proper rule is ANY player giving it the whole step overs charlie big bananas is going to get the "treatment"

We play in a vets league now, bar a few wringers that's all we play against.

Should have also said white boots.

I'm sure we'd all be fine with the tackle if it was committed on one of our players.

It would probably be forgotten about along with most other niggly fouls in a game. We certainly wouldn't go crying to the press about it. Bale and Spurs can fuck off, the soft shites