You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Being Liverpool

bonesman

Has the term 'stats are for losers' ever been more relevant than in the last page or two of this thread?

Joe Allen isn't in the side to get assists, which Code is fully aware of but for some reason is choosing to ignore, whilst also manipulating his stats to give Adam credit for a goal that clearly wasn't his!

As a huge Alonso fan I'm sure Code would dismiss the whole 'assists' stat in Xabi's case, making the valid point he's often the guy who plays the pass that leads to the assist. For some reason he's not applying that to Joe Allen though.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the term 'stats are for losers' ever been more relevant than in the last page or two of this thread?

Joe Allen isn't in the side to get assists, which Code is fully aware of but for some reason is choosing to ignore, whilst also manipulating his stats to give Adam credit for a goal that clearly wasn't his!

As a huge Alonso fan I'm sure Code would dismiss the whole 'assists' stat in Xabi's case, making the valid point he's often the guy who plays the pass that leads to the assist. For some reason he's not applying that to Joe Allen though.

Thank you.

Give me some credit here Dave, it was a stupid question to begin with, how could I answer it in any other way?

The original implication was that Gerrard gives the ball away too much because he tries to create things and he should start playing it more safe.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If by 8 and 3 you mean 6 and 2, but responsible for a shit load more, then I'm with you. The fat, immobile, fouling turd. He was a good left-foot and nothing more. His dead ball deliveries were shit, too.

Loses posession way to much to achieve what exactly?

If someone had a 50% pass completion and created 5 great chances I'd pick him every day over someone with 100% who creates fuck all.

Football is about scoring more goals than the opposition, not passing it around in midfield.

Fuck off Gerrard has cost us 4 goals directly from him losing the ball this season. If you’re talking about Allen in the “100%” bulshit, well he hasn’t cost us any.

It’s okay for people to criticise Gerrard you know.

Since when has reading play and having the skill to do something about it been bastardized into the Hollywood pass. Gerrard plays plenty of short one twos simple passes, most of his career has been about that, it just so happens he has more in his locker than most players he can tackle, pass and shoot, he can read the game. He puts in a performance like the ones Lucas gets absolutely raved about for and it's considered a subdued performance from gerrard. His average would be most of our players standout performance, it astounds me how quickly people want him to fade from the scene.

He's been shocking this season at times when others have performed better; it's nothing to do with his level of performance or whatever else you want to say. He's had shit games, not shit compared to his standard, or shit compared to Lucas' standards. Just fucking shit.

If by 8 and 3 you mean 6 and 2, but responsible for a shit load more, then I'm with you. The fat, immobile, fouling turd. He was a good left-foot and nothing more. His dead ball deliveries were shit, too.

No he had 8 assists in the league, next on the list came Suarez with 4, he is down with 2 goals, but seeing as we discussed actual contribution here I wanted to credit him with the City goal as well.

Give me some credit here Dave, it was a stupid question to begin with, how could I answer it in any other way?

The original implication was that Gerrard gives the ball away too much because he tries to create things and he should start playing it more safe.

Don’t write like a journalist, theres a differenc between safe and simple. I said simple, I didn't say safe.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No he had 8 assists in the league

Is this from your made-up, unreliable source again? You've been shown up by Woolster on this. Unless you can tell me the eight, I'm going with Opta's six. Ta.

Guest ShoePiss

The show is a success, pretty decent light entertainment. I don't think they'll completely fuck it up in the last two episodes so well done to all involved.

Whatever you do, dont look at the retweets by the club on Twitter. Below is an example of one.

Bret******ell ‏@Bre*******ll

#beingliverpool is an excellent insight into the LFC. Love it. BR is a legend and he will get that club firing. Aussie supporter n loving it

Retweeted by Liverpool FC

Whatever you do' date=' dont look at the retweets by the club on Twitter. Below is an example of one.

Bret******ell ?@Bre*******ll

#beingliverpool is an excellent insight into the LFC. Love it. BR is a legend and he will get that club firing. Aussie supporter n loving it

Retweeted by Liverpool FC[/quote']

It's embarrassing ain't it, my timeline is full of them

What a fucking quote that was.

" I don't get to upset when we loose"

I fucking do it hurts like hell you prick

what sort of message does it send to the players? its ok to lose?

if it was me they would be frighten to lose