You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Being Liverpool

bonesman

Cant find another thread to put this in but I came across it yesterday, its a trailer for the documentery behind the scenes.

What s yours thoughts on this now its actually here, and judging by the trailer how do you think this is going to turn out ?

O5TGE8eYipE

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time scale was always going to be a gamble, seeing as it was going to cross over from the end of one season to the start of the next. Apart from making Kenny look like shit, it's going to make Brendan look, well, willing but unproven. I just don't see much good coming out of it.

Like any reality tv show, angled as to how the producers want it.

Though at least it's about a subject one's very interested in, so obviously i'lll watch it.

But the bottom line is, it's a way to market LFC in the US and over the world.

And i think it's a very clever way to market the "brand", especially in the US. Look at the success of HBO's Road to winter classics, their countdown shows to big boxing events, the UFC's success with The Ultimate Fighter and their countdown shows. They draw millions of viewers and make them loads of money and PR.

Like any reality tv show, angled as to how the producers want it.

Though at least it's about a subject one's very interested in, so obviously i'lll watch it.

But the bottom line is, it's a way to market LFC in the US and over the world.

And i think it's a very clever way to market the "brand", especially in the US. Look at the success of HBO's Road to winter classics, their countdown shows to big boxing events, the UFC's success with The Ultimate Fighter and their countdown shows. They draw millions of viewers and make them loads of money and PR.

That's where you are wrong mate. It is hilarious. That's why the Chelsea fan put HAHAHA in caps lock which basically means he was laughing really loud. There's no way he would have used caps lock otherwise.

This is the type of stuff they produce and peddle to sedate the masses while not addressing the core problems at the club.

Charlie Adam doing chin-ups? Why not go the whole hog and have him chasing chickens and running up the steps of Liverpool Cathedral with a bunch of kids.

The appointment of Rodgers looks distinctly unambitious and the way the club have managed the PR is an eye-opener - oh look we have bought the best young manager in the country - the reality is he will buy the owners a year or two of not buying top class players because he has 'a system', who will never believe how lucky he is to be here and therefore wont cause too many problems with the owners underinvestment. He's already 'managing expectations'.

Rafa was a ready-made replacement with proven track record once given money to spend - he was ignored because he would have identified the owners real ambitions for the club and made that obvious to the fans.

The way the fans have bought into this message is scary and does not bode well.

We are no longer a top-tier club off the field - never mind on it.

Guest ShoePiss

You're suggesting Adam being filmed doing chin ups is staged and not part of a pre season routine? It's possible I suppose but I think unlikely.

As for Rodgers being another Hodgson well they both have a 'odg' in their name, I think you might be onto something.

Branding ?

I can just thear the american fans now

Hey dude lets support that team in a game we dont care about which finishes sixth or seventh normally but has its heart in the right place

Hi I'm the bigger picture and you're missing me terribly.

First of all can we stop with this "worried about the direction the club is going in". If you think Brendan Rodgers is here to placate owners and help them asset strip then you're really not paying attention. The few moves he has made so far have been positive and if he wasn't talking about the tradition and using it to inspire the players and himself you'd want to know why so he's damned if he does or doesn't it seems.

As for the "Hey dude" bit, there are many people out there that will latch on to Liverpool because of what this documentary will show us to represent and while winning is the end goal for many sports fans who follow foreign clubs it certainly isn't the main reason why we/they support them.

My teams are the Islanders (currently rank outsiders to win anything), Mets (team that are having a rebirth but haven't won a thing since the early 80's), Lions (Never won a thing but are improving and have the right attitude) and the Knicks (less said the better).

There are a lot of fans out there that will sympathise/ empathise with our current plight and will want to follow us because of the fact the journey is as important if not more so than the destination.

Hi I'm the bigger picture and you're missing me terribly.

First of all can we stop with this "worried about the direction the club is going in". If you think Brendan Rodgers is here to placate owners and help them asset strip then you're really not paying attention. The few moves he has made so far have been positive and if he wasn't talking about the tradition and using it to inspire the players and himself you'd want to know why so he's damned if he does or doesn't it seems.

As for the "Hey dude" bit, there are many people out there that will latch on to Liverpool because of what this documentary will show us to represent and while winning is the end goal for many sports fans who follow foreign clubs it certainly isn't the main reason why we/they support them.

My teams are the Islanders (currently rank outsiders to win anything), Mets (team that are having a rebirth but haven't won a thing since the early 80's), Lions (Never won a thing but are improving and have the right attitude) and the Knicks (less said the better).

There are a lot of fans out there that will sympathise/ empathise with our current plight and will want to follow us because of the fact the journey is as important if not more so than the destination.

Hi I'm the point and you're missing me

You dont maintain a global brand at all if you are not a credible challenger for league titles or champions leagues on a regular basis

Okay so what is the point? To not make a documentary until we have won the league? Email FSG

My point is this programme is either an irrelevancy or part of the FSG comms designed to divert attention from their strategy

It is not an indication of new owners taking new and innovative approaches to taking the club back to the top

Hi I'm the point and you're missing me

You dont maintain a global brand at all if you are not a credible challenger for league titles or champions leagues on a regular basis

We haven't won the league in over twenty years and have won the Champions league once and been a runner up once in that time.

We must not be that famous around the world then. Oh wait...

Rafa Benitez agenda driven shite. Becwause they didn't pwick Wafa as manager they are the big bwad men. He's never coming back no matter how much you whinge about it. I'm actually desperate for him to get a new job to show how much of a shadow of his former self he is. Fuck off to RAWK.