You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eastenders

Fowlers God

What a load of fucking offensive eye aids shite. Its my mrs bday today and her boring fucking family have come round for a chinese. I however am now sat upstairs as I refuse to watch this fucking god awful cunt juice. I can't believe their whole world rersolves around this utter tit wank tv. I am counting down the minutes to get MY tv back.

Eastenders, and soaps in general, are habitual viewing for people. People watch it because they've always watched it but pay no mind to the fact they're shite. I'm not a telly snob to be honest, I think the likes of Coronation Street and Emmerdale are genuinely easy viewing and I'll have them on, but Eastenders is an absolute mess, most of it makes not even basic sense. One minute Phil Mitchell's kid is gay, then he's a dancer, then he's a murderer, characters and entire families come and go. Despite its BBC fascination with being PC, it's also extremely racist. The old black fella drinks run, the young black lad speaks 'like dis', the asian family own a curry house (but also go to the pub, strangely).

What a load of fucking offensive eye aids shite. Its my mrs bday today and her boring fucking family have come round for a chinese. I however am now sat upstairs as I refuse to watch this fucking god awful cunt juice. I can't believe their whole world rersolves around this utter tit wank tv. I am counting down the minutes to get MY tv back.

Crack the ale open and have a party East end style.

Eastenders, and soaps in general, are habitual viewing for people. People watch it because they've always watched it but pay no mind to the fact they're shite. I'm not a telly snob to be honest, I think the likes of Coronation Street and Emmerdale are genuinely easy viewing and I'll have them on, but Eastenders is an absolute mess, most of it makes not even basic sense. One minute Phil Mitchell's kid is gay, then he's a dancer, then he's a murderer, characters and entire families come and go. Despite its BBC fascination with being PC, it's also extremely racist. The old black fella drinks run, the young black lad speaks 'like dis', the asian family own a curry house (but also go to the pub, strangely).

I used to watch it when I was younger, only as it was a stage of growing up. You new you had become a teenager then because before you where shoved yo bed before it came on, but now you could stay up and watch it.

I just find it sad that these people have to stop exactly what they are doing in their life to watch it. I posted the same thing at christmas about the same set of people. Everyone playing games and drinking, eastenders comes on and they all fuck off into a room and sit quietly watching it. Entertainment for the brain dead

So you're user name isn't a reference to legendary Shithouse AIDS carrier Mark Fowler??

That sums it up for me. I can handle Corrie and even Emmerdale because they can be funny at times but Eastender is fucking terrible.

My mate hit the nail on the head when he said it basically consists of four or five men in suits wandering around 'making money', but nobody knows how. There's about six gangsters in it, none of whom have gangs. There's also a boxing gym, snooker hall and a night club within 100 yards of each other.

My mate hit the nail on the head when he said it basically consists of four or five men in suits wandering around 'making money', but nobody knows how. There's about six gangsters in it, none of whom have gangs. There's also a boxing gym, snooker hall and a night club within 100 yards of each other.

And someone's always thrown out on the street the second they lose their jobs. I've never heard of anyone in albert square sign on or even mention social welfare

This is probably my favourite scene of all time. I remember it clearly as I had just returned home after a year studying abroad and was depressed as hell. After I watched this scene, however, I couldn't help but smile...

Nick Cotton holding up a cafe full of people armed only with a chair leg and colourful language - Great television.

[YOUTUBE]uGc3ggeT8Ho[/YOUTUBE]

And someone's always thrown out on the street the second they lose their jobs. I've never heard of anyone in albert square sign on or even mention social welfare

Its also dead easy to get a job. You just walk into the pub/chippy/whatever, have a brief argument, and start work about a minute later.

Why does nobody take drugs on these programs either? There's a murder every three days but not one single regular pot smoker.

Ian Beale has had more wives the Henry V111 and he is one ugly twat he must have some lash on him.

He owns a Chippy and a Fruit and Veg stall he is hardly Donald Trump but the women swoon over him.

His old man Pete was the worst actor to grace are screens he made Les Battersbye look like marlon brando.

His mam Kathy could give a cracking Hat and Bobble though.

I'm proud to say that I weened my missus off it through a mixture of contempt and ridicule. I started off by walking through the room when it was on and shaking my head at her, muttering something like "Jesus, you're better than this", and sometimes sitting through it, pulling it apart, shouting out what was obviously coming next, laughing at the bits that were supposed to be dramatic, and so on. Finally, as our eldest is now old enough to stay up when it's on - every time they covered anything even remotely adult or controversial, I would announce to my missus that she needed to explain properly to the boy what was going on, as they are important issues her programme has raised. As she can't afford to divorce me, her only other option was to stop watching it, which she did. We're a soap-free household now.