You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to get on board with FSG?

snez1

I don't hate that he is not Kenny, I don't hate the man at all. Kenny has gone, the snide fuckers have sacked him. I think that was a mistake but it's done so apart from being angry with them, I've accepted it.

I believe that all managerial appointments can be a risk but some carry less risks than others. I agree above with Paul that this is too big a risk. One I don't believe they needed to take.

Rodgers would still have been at Swansea this time next year, with another year in the Premiership on his CV or like George Burley he could have been sacked after a storming first season he then got Ipswich relegated in his second. This is my fear, one season. Who the fuck appoints a man after ONE GOOD SEASON.

I'll tell you who, the same bunch of twats that sack a man after one bad season. Fucked off with this shit really I am.

Dave thats a really good post. I'm completely with you on your views on the failed logic behind appointing Rodgers now. I'm not sure that the anger is there anymore though. I'm cautiously optimistic about this season, and I hope you can get there as well

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Txiki Begiristain put off of coming to #LFC by committee style structure that fsg want to implement according to the Sunday Mirror

these guys truly know how to bore and micromanage their way towards having nobody left on the lists for positions they want to fill

indeed some are speculating that as Rodgers was one of the last few remaining names on the list for manager that they had to cave in on the DoF issue

if these lads were in my poker circle i'd be a millionaire

this "don't blink until everything is perfect" strategy is really not serving them well especially as they know very little about football and the world and his wife knows this and the world and his wife also knows their background and what they want to implement here so everyone can call their bluff

so no news on new stadium

no new signings

no DoF

no Chief Executive

and Ayre still waffling away and contradicting stuff he said the a week ago, I mean do these guys have any idea what they are doing or are they just making it up as they go along?

luckily for them euro 2012 is diverting a lot of attention away but come on guys, get a move on - your exciting new management strategy can't be that great if everyone is turning us down or you change it on a day to day basis

I have a bad feeling, we'll get a muffled buried announcement in a few weeks with news that all the new positions have been filled with people who were already at the club "we are very excited to announce....after a thorough review......we realised that we already had the best qualified people at the club" = everyone turned us down and we got desperate as time started to run out and so just promoted people already here after countless knockbacks

"According to the Sunday Mirror."

Well, I've never seen THEM get anything wrong before.

Kenny was gone, regardless of results last season. That much is now obvious. They never wanted him, but had their hand forced. Personally, I think if we'd managed to get in the top four and won both the cups, they'd have still marched Kenny into the office and told him he was going, and thanks very much for the fantastic 'steadying of the ship, you bloody legend you. Goodbye, we'll never forget what you've done.'

FSG aren't here to run the club at a loss, or break even. They want a healthy bottom line, but, there are many different ways to skin a cat. Smaller clubs are profitable...some fans love their clubs and accept that silverware and titles are always going to be a rarity. Some fans accept this while also looking back at a more successful past.

What we want is for FSG to make us BIG and GREAT again, like we were before they put all the nice new seats on the Kop, an act, that by itself turned us into a somewhat smaller club overnight.

Kenny was gone, regardless of results last season. That much is now obvious. They never wanted him, but had their hand forced. Personally, I think if we'd managed to get in the top four and won both the cups, they'd have still marched Kenny into the office and told him he was going, and thanks very much for the fantastic 'steadying of the ship, you bloody legend you. Goodbye, we'll never forget what you've done.'

FSG aren't here to run the club at a loss, or break even. They want a healthy bottom line, but, there are many different ways to skin a cat. Smaller clubs are profitable...some fans love their clubs and accept that silverware and titles are always going to be a rarity. Some fans accept this while also looking back at a more successful past.

What we want is for FSG to make us BIG and GREAT again, like we were before they put all the nice new seats on the Kop, an act, that by itself turned us into a somewhat smaller club overnight.

No way. If we finished top four, I bet he'd still be in charge. They didn't want him, but they can't argue with CL football.

Guest ShoePiss

Everything you say is wrong, if Kenny had got 4th and won both cups they wouldn't have sacked him, that doesn't even jive with what you know about FSG. Asko, do you know when last stand of the kop was? Clue: it wasn't 1990.

In short, shut the fuck up as you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Everything you say is wrong, if Kenny had got 4th and won both cups they wouldn't have sacked him, that doesn't even jive with what you know about FSG. Asko, do you know when last stand of the kop was? Clue: it wasn't 1990.

In short, shut the fuck up as you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I have no idea what 1990 has got to do with anything, but I can tell you that after Anfield became all seated, we never won the league title again; my point being that we became not only a smaller club in terms of gate numbers, but also in 'stature'. We may have still been 'one of the big four' but we were slowly diminishing.

So yes, we DO want FSG to make us great again, in terms of both stature AND ground capacity. I for one, thought that KK's homecoming was going to be bundled into that success.

Also, I have the right to free speech, and I have opinions to contribute, so you're wasting your time with that angry arrogant attitude on me kiddo.

I don't get this thread still being used in mid June, before there's anything to judge them on.

Kenny had to go.

Now fuck off and get a Solero or something.

I think the club should have dealt with the Suarez situation much, much better than they did. I think we should have signed a striker i.e. Jelavic and a midfielder to replace Lucas in January. I think after signing a contract, a manager should get more than half a season to implement his ideas. Like with the departure of Benitez i think the sacking of Dalglish was more a business decision than a footballing one. I think Ian Ayre has far too much influence. Plenty to go with there. Others have mentioned the stadium concerns. FSG and 'unnamed consultants' lead us to appointing a 38 year old manager with only one season of top flight football on his CV.

By all means disagree, offer a substantial response. Tell us why FSG deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I think the club should have dealt with the Suarez situation much, much better than they did. I think we should have signed a striker i.e. Jelavic and a midfielder to replace Lucas in January. I think after signing a contract, a manager should get more than half a season to implement his ideas. Like with the departure of Benitez i think the sacking of Dalglish was more a business decision than a footballing one. I think Ian Ayre has far too much influence. Plenty to go with there. Others have mentioned the stadium concerns. FSG and 'unnamed consultants' lead us to appointing a 38 year old manager with only one season of top flight football on his CV.

By all means disagree, offer a substantial response. Tell us why FSG deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I think the management should have dealt with the Suarez situation much better and asked the owners for guidance if they were unsure.

Is it FSGs fault we didn't sig anyone in the Winter? Loan signings, we could also have sold someone to free up cash, that's IF even FSG denied us money, which is pure speculation.

Yes sacking Kenny was a business decision, the right one. Their biggest mistake was appointing him in the first place, it wasn't ever going to end well in the long term.

Ian Ayre seems like a meff, yes.

And you're complaining about appointing a talented and hungry young manager as opposed to...?

Just a load of bitching and whining because we appointed Rodgers, isn't it?

Benitez is still young enough to have another go at this job in 5 years time if Rodgers doesn't work out, but there's no way it would have worked again right now while memories are still fresh and some senior players are still around the club who would have undermined him after the first few bad results, not to mention the media salivating at the prospect of sniping at him from the off.

The club, considering our league position for the past two seasons, is in a healthy condition, which is staggering really, we should be Villa but we're not. Yet. We've got some great players, we've got a manager with great aspirations and ideas, and we've got some money to spend. Not only that, we've gutted the dead wood around the club and are creating a ground zero, free from the millstone of previous regimes and fail.

Give them a fucking break.

I don't hate that he is not Kenny, I don't hate the man at all. Kenny has gone, the snide fuckers have sacked him. I think that was a mistake but it's done so apart from being angry with them, I've accepted it.

I believe that all managerial appointments can be a risk but some carry less risks than others. I agree above with Paul that this is too big a risk. One I don't believe they needed to take.

Rodgers would still have been at Swansea this time next year, with another year in the Premiership on his CV or like George Burley he could have been sacked after a storming first season he then got Ipswich relegated in his second. This is my fear, one season. Who the fuck appoints a man after ONE GOOD SEASON.

I'll tell you who, the same bunch of twats that sack a man after one bad season. Fucked off with this shit really I am.

The job is way to big for Rodgers,

all this bollocks about how the want to go with a younger man is a sly underhand way of getting a cheap alternative

Guest davelfc
The job is way to big for Rodgers,

all this bollocks about how the want to go with a younger man is a sly underhand way of getting a cheap alternative

We don't really have a choice, we have to accept he is the manager and that's that. He might go on to surprise a few of us, well that's my hope anyway.

If he can put a bit of the hunger back into the team as well as the best parts of last season and we can get a few goals in the net instead of hitting the post, it could be ok.

I think that FSG have gone for the cheap option, cheap as in what he might want going forward as opposed to what Kenny or another manager might have wanted, i.e. transfer cash.

I think this is nothing else but getting costs down before the sale, a nice return on their investment. If we win something it's a bonus but they've already shown that cups mean very little to them. We should do the same this year in the auto cup, I know I will.

We don't really have a choice, we have to accept he is the manager and that's that. He might go on to surprise a few of us, well that's my hope anyway.

If he can put a bit of the hunger back into the team as well as the best parts of last season and we can get a few goals in the net instead of hitting the post, it could be ok.

I think that FSG have gone for the cheap option, cheap as in what he might want going forward as opposed to what Kenny or another manager might have wanted, i.e. transfer cash.

I think this is nothing else but getting costs down before the sale, a nice return on their investment. If we win something it's a bonus but they've already shown that cups mean very little to them. We should do the same this year in the auto cup, I know I will.

We did have a choice,

AVB

Van Gaal

Capello

Benitez

Rijkaard,

would have all flew at the Liverpool job.

Admittedly not every one's cup of tea,but all superior to Rodgers

everyone of them has won a domestic league and a European trophy,

this "the Owners are getting the best of advice" spiel that Ayer put out was bollocks and pure spin

What "footballing Guru" nominated Martinez and Rodgers to the Owners?

no Guru existed,

get used to it,

were rapidly getting closer to Everton than to United

Guest davelfc
We did have a choice,

We don't now, your point?

You can go on and on about who you think we should have here but it won't change who is.

Most of the ones you named would want to be challenging for top spot, something I personally don't think we will ever do under these owners.

They sack Kenny, wave Martinez out in public and then appoint Rodgers. Just as the news starts to surface that we might actually be getting somewhere eventually with the stadium. Bollocks, I think that's a distraction.

I know I'm biased because they sacked Kenny but I wish they'd fuck off.

Time to face reality. We haven't won the league for 20 years. We haven't been in the CL since 2009, we were not in Europe last year.

Why the fuck would the managers you mentioned, such as Capello, Rijkaard, Van Gaal or AVB even touch us?

Only one that would is Rafa, and for whatever reason, probably the fact he's already been here and got sacked once, he wasn't approached.

I don't really see what the problem with Rodgers is, other than him not being Kenny. It's about time some people just got behind him and you know, support the team. What's done is done, you can't change it. I'm sure Barca fans had reservations when Guardiola took over, I'm sure Valencia fans were thinking "Who the fuck" when Rafa took over. It's called taking a chance on someone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

We don't now, your point?

You can go on and on about who you think we should have here but it won't change who is.

Most of the ones you named would want to be challenging for top spot, something I personally don't think we will ever do under these owners.

They sack Kenny, wave Martinez out in public and then appoint Rodgers. Just as the news starts to surface that we might actually be getting somewhere eventually with the stadium. Bollocks, I think that's a distraction.

I know I'm biased because they sacked Kenny but I wish they'd fuck off.

Without getting embroiled in a argument with you,

you basically hold a similar view to mine,

I'll hold my council until the 1st of September

You reckon the cheap option was to incur expensive payouts by sacking half our staff then spending millions more to replace them?

You reckon a new manager will require less money to build his own team than one who could have reasonably been told "you've already wasted a shit load of money, work with what you've got"?

You reckon sacking a legend who the fans firmly supported despite our worst league performance in half a century and hiring an unfancied manager who the same fans will tear to pieces for the same level of performance shows they're happy to settle for mediocrity?

The cheap, easy, unambitious option would have been to leave Kenny in charge, sacking him indicates they're not going to let sentiment stand in the way of their desire for success.

Edited by cuppatea

Give them a fucking break.

Why? You've still not told me why. What have they done to earn such benefit of the doubt? There are some not willing to take such a leap of faith, especially considering our recent history.

Owners with 18 months of footballing experience, a commercial director acting as a managing director and a new manager who has experienced one season of top flight football. No bitching, no moaning, just genuine concern. Concerned how well Rodgers will be backed and not just financially. Concern about the inexperience from the owners to the manager.

You don't want to put too much thought into things, you just want a comfortable outlook, you don't want your optimism ruined. Fine, stick your head in the sand but don't be dismissive of those who have genuine concerns.

Guest davelfc
You reckon the cheap option was to incur expensive payouts by sacking half our staff then spending millions more to replace them?

You reckon a new manager will require less money to build his own team than one who could have reasonably been told "you've already wasted a shit load of money, work with what you've got"?

You reckon sacking a legend who the fans firmly supported despite our worst league performance in half a century and hiring an unfancied manager who the same fans will tear to pieces for the same level of performance shows they're happy to settle for mediocrity?

Er, yes.

Guest ShoePiss
I have no idea what 1990 has got to do with anything, but I can tell you that after Anfield became all seated, we never won the league title again; my point being that we became not only a smaller club in terms of gate numbers, but also in 'stature'. We may have still been 'one of the big four' but we were slowly diminishing.

So yes, we DO want FSG to make us great again, in terms of both stature AND ground capacity. I for one, thought that KK's homecoming was going to be bundled into that success.

Also, I have the right to free speech, and I have opinions to contribute, so you're wasting your time with that angry arrogant attitude on me kiddo.

Of course you don't, that's because you're a clueless mong with a strong desire to let everyone know.