You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I bet you did a survey and found out that didn't you? clown.

No, I read. Can you read, or do you just spunk nonsense from your mouth?

FSG certainly do have the resources to spend virtually any amount. They won't, though. They said this at the beginning. Almost everybody was happy with that.

Fuck off.

12 Apr 2012

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football,"

We will never win the league under FSG not with the way football is going! In fact I think we will be doin well to win anything!

If we want to move on we need to get a billionaire owner which won't happen and most of us don't want.

I'd take a billionaire owner over FSG any day. They are keeping the club ticking along until they can sell for a profit

Yes, that's correct. Not indefinitely, but certainly for the remainder of Rodgers's contract at least. If we don't have confidence that we as a club can spend money in a way that will improve the team, with a manager in post that the owners are happy with and a scouting setup that everyone's happy with, we might as well pack up and go home.

I'm not talking about £30m plus signings or six-figure weekly salaries, because without CL football we won't be able to attract players that will justify that kind of money. But I want us to be able to identify the best players available in the positions that need strengthening – players who'll be prepared to sign for us, who won't demand stupid wages, whose clubs will sell at a price that we consider reasonable, who we think will improve the first XI or the squad, and who ideally but not essentially will have a decent resale value – and pay what's required to get them, without waiting to sell players first. If doing that requires FSG investing their own money, over and above the club's own income, then so be it.

Before anyone jumps on me for criticising FSG with that paragraph, I'm not. I'm stating what I want them to be prepared to do if necessary, and they may well do just that. We'll see come September 1st.

Anyone can ask "what if your suggestion doesn't work?". So, your turn to answer:

Say we keep spending solely what the club earns, and we don't get back into the CL. Arsenal start spending serious money generated by the Emirates and turn their squad into title contenders, rather than scrapping for 4th every season. Meanwhile, our hanging around in 6th or 7th place sees our commercial and matchday revenue start to fall. The gap in both wealth and squad quality between us and the top four grows ever wider, with the result that by the time the redevelopment of Anfield is completed, even the additional revenue isn't enough to enable us to close the gap.

What do we do then?

We cry and cry and cry.

Or we do things smarter, like Spurs have done, like Dortmund have done, and like Udinese have done, like Lyon did at one stage.

I don't see either matchday or commercial revenues falling for a long while yet though, that would require another Hodgson type mistake.

We cry and cry and cry.

Or we do things smarter, like Spurs have done, like Dortmund have done, and like Udinese have done, like Lyon did at one stage.

I don't see either matchday or commercial revenues falling for a long while yet though, that would require another Hodgson type mistake.

Well said, some sense in a topic full of shit.

We cry and cry and cry.

Nicely done.

Number one reason the club is not in the champions league this year?

FSG

Was it not them who appointed Rogers, who at the very best we all knew would take a year to get up to anywhere near the level where he might be able to challenge for a champions league place?

Some will say they are 'taking a long term view' but Im not sure we can afford to do that given it will only get harder. Our best players are being whored around or whoring themselves around and this will become a vicious circle the longer it continues. Meanwhile billionairres are pushing thier cars past us in the aisles picking up the best beans and the best vinegar.

We cry and cry and cry.

I don't see the relevance of Dortmund as the Bundesliga is structured in a completely different way. There is no Abramovich, Mansour or Arsenal there. Bayern fills in nicely for the Mancs. Spurs have spent better but they've only made CL once and could be out of luck if Arsenal starts spending.

We are facing a steep hill if we lose Suarez as we will only be Gerrard's retirement away from having no world class players in the side.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't see the relevance of Dortmund as the Bundesliga is structured in a completely different way. There is no Abramovich, Mansour or Arsenal there. .

But there are plenty of them in the CL, a competition in which they reached the final after their 4m striker spanked 4 passed Real Madrid.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Dortmund are irrelevant to us, Scott is right. It's not comparing like with like.

I think buying quality players for not a lot of money and then climbing from mid-table to the top and far into Europe is pretty relevant to what we want to do.

Number one reason the club is not in the champions league this year?

FSG

Was it not them who appointed Rogers, who at the very best we all knew would take a year to get up to anywhere near the level where he might be able to challenge for a champions league place?

Some will say they are 'taking a long term view' but Im not sure we can afford to do that given it will only get harder. Our best players are being whored around or whoring themselves around and this will become a vicious circle the longer it continues. Meanwhile billionairres are pushing thier cars past us in the aisles picking up the best beans and the best vinegar.

Which manager would have taken a squad that finished 8th and was in free fall for the second half of the previous season and led us to a top 4 finish?

I think buying quality players for not a lot of money and then climbing from mid-table to the top and far into Europe is pretty relevant to what we want to do.

It's a different league with fewer well established mega rich clubs. It's easier to be upwardly mobile in their league. If it was that easy over here everyone would do it. It is not relevant to LFC.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's a different league with fewer well established mega rich clubs. It's easier to be upwardly mobile in their league. If it was that easy over here everyone would do it. It is not relevant to LFC.

So we can't buy players for a fee below their value, like we did with Coutinho, because we're not in Germany? What about the CL? Of course they're relevant. Just because there's differences, it doesn't mean we can't pick up good players - world class, even - for much less and improve without spending 50m on them.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I know all that but Dortmund are completely irrelevant because they play in a different league to us with different financial dynamics. Fewer mega rich clubs, fewer established dominating clubs, not relevant.

Ah well, I disagree. I think buying players who are better than the amount they're worth is pretty relevant.

What about CL? Is that also irrelevant?

Ah well, I disagree. I think buying players who are better than the amount they're worth is pretty relevant.

What about CL? Is that also irrelevant?

Buying amazing for players for little money is a sound principle. No argument there. But it's fuck all to do with Borussia Dortmund. They didn't invent it, and we don't play in Germany so it's irrelevant.

We're not in the CL so yes that's also irrelevant. Our situation is nothing like theirs.

It's like when you said Sahin was an incredible player and would do well here. He didn't.