You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish Leaves Liverpool.

I'm genuinely staggered reading this shit.

FAO John Henry - the boycotts and the protests are going to return because of your continued employment of Ian Ayre.

And people say Hicks and Gillett left us no legacy.

I agree Coro, and this report is getting far too little attention.

In order, I do not want external consultants to be hired to appoint an LFC manager. I want the Club Directors, who have a stake in the Club to know enough to put THEIR judgement on the line. Any LFC Board that does not know enough about football to appoint a man themselves should resign.

So there will be no DOF supremo. That’s going to help the football knowledge on the Board isn’t it. Why? It is Ayre protecting himself – he doesn’t want anyone on board to expose his own ineptitude.

How Ayre’s contract has been extended for serial cock-ups is beyond me.

The bodies lay strewn around as he yells “It wasn’t me it was them” – and they have paid the price.

The revelation that FSG will not inject funds into the club is astonishing. No new stadium. No title tilt.

And then we have someone appointed because they write about the PL from NYC!

LFC is one of the biggest jobs in world football is it? it should be, but under his watch the club was made a laughing stock in the Suarez affair and CL football is becoming a distant memory.

Sickening stuff

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa fielded weakened teams for the domestic cups. As he stated "I wasn't employed to win the League Cup".

Sad as it is, you ony have to look at how often a struggling club actually wins the CC, let alone the FA and so on and so forth. You need to build on a solid foundation and thanks to the insistence clubs like ours made years ago for an expanded Champions League, that is where the money is.

The more I think about this, the more I dislike it. The thing is, it's also what some of our more recent great moments were built on, Istanbul being the most notable. CL has allowed us to attract quality despite lagging in terms of stadium, despite being run by Moorry and Hillette.

There's also a hatred of it though. Kenny has looked stressed and hapless for months, but what if the cups meant what they did? What if you COULD afford to put your eggs in their basket if the league campaign wasn't going as planned without suffering severe financial consequences?

If you could, I doubt we'd have seen the stressed, uptight and unwell looking Kenny of 2012. When in the past has Kenny been a man to make the limp excuses of 2012? That is just not something I recognised; there's protecting the players, but he went beyond that recently.

I don't blame the owners, I was an advocate of the decision because on balance, I don't think it looked like he would turn it around next season, but if you remove the factors which led to his obvious stress, if you live in an environment which doesn't crush you financially for not qualifying for the CL, that might be different. I can't look at the pictures of Kenny after the Carling semi and not wish, profoundly, that the game wasn't as it is today.

Also, I know a lot of people, supporters of other clubs, like to dismiss the entire managerial career of someone because a return after 12 years of retirement didn't go according to plan, but that is shit. These are the same people who wank over Mourinho even though Kenny never had the relative cash advantage he has; not at Liverpool, not at Blackburn.

Neither were paupers, but look it up - Kenny usually spent on par or just below the biggest spenders, even at Blackburn, and he had to fucking get them promoted and established in the top flight as part of that job. I said it last year and I'll say it again, that Blackburn title win was the greatest achievement in the recent history of English football.

Wally is a tard for sure.

Fucking yanks! Management consultants? What a fucking Sports Illustrated, PR, Marketing, corporate Bunga Bunga we have @LFC right now, how about we interview Mitt Rommney for the post? He seems a standup kinda guy.

What a fucking vomit mess we have, dear oh dear, they used Kenny, they used the King. Still they have no fucking clue, put your fucking money up or fuck off, they really dont know shit about footy and even less about LFC.

I know who is advising them, its Simon Fucking Cowell and probably getting some level of input from Roy fucking Owl.

Well John Henry, you sure know how to make enough kink in your foreskin, to get the angle right and have a massive piss on yourself whilst smiling,, you may very well smile, well it wont stay warm forever, thats all am sayin. Dont come crying to me.

Edited by dennis tooth

NY times sold them, they made a tidy sum. but they were the FSG shares not sure on LFC.

Liverpool FC is an asset of FSG. I wouldn't read too much into NYTimes selling FSG shares, the Times has been in financial distress, selling assets to get themselves survived until the better time is normal.

I might be in the minority as a match-going supporters, but I happen to believe that winning domestic trophies (especially when you haven't won anything for 6 years) can act as a good foundation for building a team that can challenge for a league title.

I also think that the Europa League (though not as valued as the Champions League) can also be a good thing with a positive knock-on effect for the future.

I passionately agree with both points.

However our LC win, after failing to beat a Championship side over 120 mins, was a boost to our support rather than the players, who I guess will have been pretty chastened by the experience.Birmingham City couldnt even challenge for the second tier title after winning it.

The Uefa/EL is a very difficult tournament to win, and watching the two manc sides going out this time around reminded us all of what a challenge the tournament is.

I shall be relishing and savouring every game this time around.

More deeply embarrasing FSG bullshit:

Ayre admitted that Dalglish would have been dismissed even if he had delivered Liverpool the FA Cup, because the club cannot afford the continued loss of Champions League revenue which is allowing other clubs to power ahead of them financially. In a clear break with the club's past, Ayre said cup success was no longer enough to sustain the club in the modern era.

"The Carling Cup and the FA Cup don't generate the revenue and the success that is needed to keep investing," Ayre said. "If you want to be successful, you have got to keep investing. People don't want to hear that football is a business. They don't. They want to see us put lots and lots of money into the football team and win lots of trophies and games. But you have got to have both. You have got to have continued progress in the league. If you don't do well in the league and you don't get into the Champions League, you are writing cheques from your own pocket, aren't you? That is not a sustainable way, going forward."

Right then, let me get this straight.

If winning the FA Cup wouldn't have saved Kenny's job, then presumably it's safe to conclude that the decision to sack him was taken back in April when Henry and Werner came over before the semi-final and sacked Comolli.

So they've known for a whole month that they would be replacing him, but they're only now starting the process properly. And there's absolutely no guarantee at all that they'll be able to get their first, second, third or even fourth chouce. With Kenny being sacked after one full season for doing so badly in the league, and Ayre making it plain that qualification for the CL is now the absolute holy grail, how many managers who are up to the job are going to want to walk into a situation where they can expect to face the bullet themselves after one season? Especially since they'll have to replace a club legend who many if not most fans wanted to keep, the off-field management structure has been completely decimated and has to start from scratch, and they have to answer to a pair of clowns who plainly STILL know nothing about football and show little interest in educating themselves 18 months after investing hundreds of millions of dollars in the sport, and who to boot have made it clear that they're not going to invest any of their own money in strengthening the side.

Even worse than that, given that they've implied that qualifying for the CL is absolutely imperative next season, why the flying fuck are they seriously considering a manager whose top-flight experience consists of three years of battling relegation and who has a worse record than his predecessors at the same club with the same resources? Martinez might turn out to do a great job, but demanding that he qualify for the CL in the first season or get the boot is just ridiculous.

Unless, of course, FSG have decided that in fact getting into the CL next season isn't imperative, and failing to do it wouldn't be a sacking offence. In which case there was absolutely no good reason for them not to give Kenny another season. And if he came up short again and had to be replaced, the most sought after young manager in world football, the man who according to some sources tops FSG's wishlist, would be available after his year's sabbatical and would very possibly be up for a new challenge in English football. Great forward planning that.

Oh, and Ian, guess what - if your masters got their chequebook out and signed players with their own money, they might just stand a better chance of getting into their beloved Champions League, earning more money to recoup what they've spent, and increasing the overall value of the asset that they'll presumably be looking to sell at some point.

What an utter, utter clusterfuck.

The more I think about this, the more I dislike it. The thing is, it's also what some of our more recent great moments were built on, Istanbul being the most notable. CL has allowed us to attract quality despite lagging in terms of stadium, despite being run by Moorry and Hillette.

There's also a hatred of it though. Kenny has looked stressed and hapless for months, but what if the cups meant what they did? What if you COULD afford to put your eggs in their basket if the league campaign wasn't going as planned without suffering severe financial consequences?

If you could, I doubt we'd have seen the stressed, uptight and unwell looking Kenny of 2012. When in the past has Kenny been a man to make the limp excuses of 2012? That is just not something I recognised; there's protecting the players, but he went beyond that recently.

I don't blame the owners, I was an advocate of the decision because on balance, I don't think it looked like he would turn it around next season, but if you remove the factors which led to his obvious stress, if you live in an environment which doesn't crush you financially for not qualifying for the CL, that might be different. I can't look at the pictures of Kenny after the Carling semi and not wish, profoundly, that the game wasn't as it is today.

Also, I know a lot of people, supporters of other clubs, like to dismiss the entire managerial career of someone because a return after 12 years of retirement didn't go according to plan, but that is shit. These are the same people who wank over Mourinho even though Kenny never had the relative cash advantage he has; not at Liverpool, not at Blackburn.

Neither were paupers, but look it up - Kenny usually spent on par or just below the biggest spenders, even at Blackburn, and he had to fucking get them promoted and established in the top flight as part of that job. I said it last year and I'll say it again, that Blackburn title win was the greatest achievement in the recent history of English football.

Hello, what's this? One of the most consistently withering, sniping critics of Kenny suddenly displaying sympathy for him and bigging up his past achievements?

What's the matter? You getting cold feet now that our omniscient overlords are sounding out a man who's been outperformed by Steve Bruce?