You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Guest ShoePiss
There wasn't really a bigger than normal gap on the near post. Keepers can't just stand on the near post leaving the rest of the goal wide open. The fact that van persie had a chance on the volley from such close range was down to woeful closing down in midfield, (mainly from adam who was shite all day), and mainly due to woeful marking from carra.

I was simply responding to 'What the fuck did you expect reina to do for the second?'

There wasn't really a bigger than normal gap on the near post. Keepers can't just stand on the near post leaving the rest of the goal wide open. The fact that van persie had a chance on the volley from such close range was down to woeful closing down in midfield, (mainly from adam who was shite all day), and mainly due to woeful marking from carra.

He should've stood closer to the nearer post and forced Van Persie to go for the far post which was a tougher angle (and easier for Reina to save). His positioning made it easy for him, just like the first goal where Carra made it easy for him.

Anyone who blames Carra for the goals are wrong, Jose should stopped that ball even getting in the box, so Jose hold some responsibility with half arsed kick in the air, he should of been closer to the player, not allowing the to crossed As the the second... Jesus Chris... RVP was in between two players, doing what strikers should do, if RVP was on the side in between Skrtel & Jose, the same result would of happened.

Van Persies volley was a high class finish sometimes you just got to hold your hands up and say fair enough and give credit to him , i dont blame Reina for that more Van Persies brilliance that goal.

Seriously where the fuck would Arsenal be without him ? we'll see next season.

I feel for Carra , you could say he hasn't had the game time to get upto the pace of it all but on the other hand you can only make so many excuses , hes just not good enough no more for a top team ..... debatable if hes good enough for any Prem team nowadays.

Agree with op about that tosser Neville , he knew he was gone and knocked it on the head there and then no pissing around.

We need a centre back in the summer to go with Agger , Skrtel and Coates , there would be absolutly no point playing Carra in the Europa league as we need Coates and other youngsters to get the game time to see if they are good enough.

Anyone who blames Carra for the goals are wrong, Jose should stopped that ball even getting in the box, so Jose hold some responsibility with half arsed kick in the air, he should of been close to the player.

There was nothing wrong with Enrique's defending for their first goal. As a full back you have to make sure that you don't leave a massive gap between you and your centre backs when defending, hence why he was tucked in. He had to then come out to try and close down Sagna because Sagna hadn't been tracked by our players and had acres of room. Enrique couldn't commit too much because he'd had to leave a space just by coming out to close him down.

Our shortfall from the CL places is not down to our defence, and I am sure tht Carra still has a part to play in the excellent record our defence holds this season.

Carroll's failure to convince, Luis' lack of goals, and a formation which does not make the best of Dirk's and Bellamy's scoring prowess are all more pressing priorities than scrutinising a man who is a Red legend in defence.

Our shortfall from the CL places is not down to our defence, and I am sure tht Carra still has a part to play in the excellent record our defence holds this season.

Carroll's failure to convince, Luis' lack of goals, and a formation which does not make the best of Dirk's and Bellamy's scoring prowess are all more pressing priorities than scrutinising a man who is a Red legend in defence.

Legends are for Masters' tournaments though . . .

React faster and close the gap on the near post.

What the fuck do you expect him to do?????? Close a gap & another opens up, you cant expect him to cover every square fuckin millimetre!!! And you cant expect him to have faster reflexes than a cat that has the fastest reflexes in the world! Pisses me off every time a keeper gets beat at the near post & you get fuckin know it all knobs like you churning out all the shit. Most times a keeper gets beat at the near post, they have time to position themselves & anticipate a shot, the pace of the shot and VP hitting it 1st time gave hime no chance unless it was hit at him. Think your being a little unkind to Pepe there, not to mention illeducated

Guest ShoePiss
What the fuck do you expect him to do?????? Close a gap & another opens up, you cant expect him to cover every square fuckin millimetre!!! And you cant expect him to have faster reflexes than a cat that has the fastest reflexes in the world! Pisses me off every time a keeper gets beat at the near post & you get fuckin know it all knobs like you churning out all the shit. Most times a keeper gets beat at the near post, they have time to position themselves & anticipate a shot, the pace of the shot and VP hitting it 1st time gave hime no chance unless it was hit at him. Think your being a little unkind to Pepe there, not to mention illeducated

Haha

Our defence is excellent without Carragher in it, with him it's not, 4th is gone we should be looking to the future, Coates should be playing and Henderson should be in CM for rest of season, Sterling was involved pre-game today, he should be on bench for rest of season

Guest ShoePiss
Our defence is excellent without Carragher in it, with him it's not, 4th is gone we should be looking to the future, Coates should be playing and Henderson should be in CM for rest of season, Sterling was involved pre-game today, he should be on bench for rest of season

Agree with all of that.

The most useful thing Carra could have done today is break van Rapists leg as without him they're nothing! That Sky twat Burton might have wound Carra up by saying he was coming to end of his career but he wasn't far from truth! Thing is maybe Carra got so wound up as he knows it's true.

Guest alantkayll

Kenny has dropped Carra for Agger. I doubt he would worry about dropping Carra for Coates. Its not down to Carra if he plays its down to Kenny.

Guest alantkayll
Came about from an injury to Carra though, who knows what way it would have gone had Carra not been injured. Which was a blessing, not even in disguise at the time.

The point is Carra would normally have walked back in. Kenny decided against that, and that was quite a brave decision.

The exact thing he done when he took over in 1985 when he replaced Nicol and Beglin for Neal and Kennedy.

My point being is that people want Coates in instead of Carra, I'm saying if Kenny thinks Coates is better he will do it.

I would play Coates to see what the lad can do. Carra had been a legend for us but there's nothing to be gained by playing him ahead of Coates at this point in time. Coates is a promising young player of international pedigree. He lacks experience in England so we should give it to him while Agger is out.

Guest the boy
The point is Carra would normally have walked back in. The point is Carra would normally have walked back in. Kenny decided against that, and that was quite a brave decision.

Hardly. Carragher has been dismal for several seasons now. He didn't justify a place ahead of Agger or Skrtel before his injury, and most certainly hasn't since. A brave decision would be putting Gerrard out on the right or moving him right further forward, which is where he needs to be once he's fit again. His performances in the centre have been woeful.

Guest alantkayll
Hardly. Carragher has been dismal for several seasons now. He didn't justify a place ahead of Agger or Skrtel before his injury, and most certainly hasn't since. A brave decision would be putting Gerrard out on the right or moving him right further forward, which is where he needs to be once he's fit again. His performances in the centre have been woeful.

He may be 2nd/3rd best now but the bit in bold I disagree with.

You are me and I claim my #5.