You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oliver Holt aka Derbyshire

LFC64

Holt is sort of hilarious, well it would be hilarious if it wasn't so digusting.

In relation to his Tweet about Terry, Terry's argument has always been, "I didn't mean it in that context", but if Holt really believes what Terry says to be true, then why ask is it wrong.

If he was to believe Terry's argument, then he should be telling the world Terry is innocent. But obviously he hasn't. Hes just asked everyone is it wrong to call someone Black Cunt. Fucking disgraceful cunt.

Fair comment, LFC.

I don't think that it is a journalists job on a popular newspaper to be consistent though , it is to provoke, or catch a mood - I agree that has little to do with "the truth."

I am always fond of the Bevan quote:"This is my truth tell me yours."

True unfortunately. I may be a bit naive in thinking journalism is about a 'quest for truth'. If Evelyn Waugh knew it back then then there's bugger all chance these days;

News is what a chap who doesn't care much about anything wants to read. And it's only news until he's read it. After that it's dead.

- Lord Copper (Scoop) !!

Has he expressed his outrage yet at the Mongrel charged with racist comments?, it's just, for the sake of consistency I'd have thought he would have, after all, he was on a junket to Doha when the Oldham player, was allegedly abused at Anfield and he was on his Ivory Tower at 2:30am (local time in Doha) expressing disgust via Twitter.

I'd don't follow the massive prick, so I don't know if he has given us the benefit of his wisdom on the subject yet.

Has he expressed his outrage yet at the Mongrel charged with racist comments?, it's just, for the sake of consistency I'd have thought he would have, after all, he was on a junket to Doha when the Oldham player, was allegedly abused at Anfield and he was on his Ivory Tower at 2:30am (local time in Doha) expressing disgust via Twitter.

I'd don't follow the massive prick, so I don't know if he has given us the benefit of his wisdom on the subject yet.

John Terry considering England retirement being stripped of the captaincy - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

By Oliver Holt

John Terry is considering announcing his retirement from international football.

Terry, who was stripped of the England captaincy this morning, is angry and disillusioned by his treatment.

He was told of the decision by FA chairman David Bernstein this morning by telephone.

He is understood to want to quit playing for England altogether but has been advised not to make an announcement immediately.

Someone has clearly been on the phone to have his "threat" published.

I bet if I asked Oliver Holt to meet me outside a pub at 5pm one night, he wouldn't turn up.

Voice of the people they are, except they don't mingle with them at all, and are actually scared of touching one.

Getting Ollie Holt to touch you outside of a pub one night would be a cause celebre in the fight against homophobia.

His tweets would be unbearable.

Guest San Don
Getting Ollie Holt to touch you outside of a pub one night would be a cause celebre in the fight against homophobia.

His tweets would be unbearable.

Something like " Is calling a homosexual a 'raving pillow biter pufter' homophobic? I dont know' the kind of tweet we could see?