You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

There s going to be alot of itk s losing credability over this Sahin farce,Duncan Jenkins being one.

Don't agree, ST. Folk like Jenkins are only as good as their sources and Jenkins clearly has a source within the hierachy of the club.

The club thought it was done and certain people within it weren't shy in telling others.

Hey-ho, hopes were up and then promptly dashed. It looks like!

Don't agree, ST. Folk like Jenkins are only as good as their sources and Jenkins clearly has a source within the hierachy of the club.

The club thought it was done and certain people within it weren't shy in telling others.

Pretty certain it was done mate,and who knows maybe it still is.

I dont think anybody forseen Wenger jumping back in at the last minute to scupper it.

Problem is a lot of people wont see it that way with the itk crowd and wont let them forget this deal if he goes to Arsenal.

If he does go then I can see alot of the itk guys not saying anything in the future,which is our loss in the end.

Tis conjecture at the end of the day but I think you're right.

IMO it seems that Jenkins character has somebody feeding him info, same with that Macca guy. I think both of them are probably journalists with contacts within the club. Wouldn't put much stock in any others.

They both have called enough things spot on to suggest they have some inside line. But in saying that, I don't think either them had a clue about Assaidi.

Either way I reckon somebody at the club was pretty sure this was wrapped up and was confident enough to be saying so. I reckon it could end up that way still, but Arsenal have definently thrown a spanner in the works.

Thing is though everyone's creaming themselves over player that may not cut it in the premier league, lets face it, the way everyones talking , you'd thing he was the second coming. I personally would not be over the moon with a loan deal. It would be on Madrids terms, i.e if he ripped up the premiership then they would want him back, if he was average we probably would not be too keen to meet their asking price.

There s going to be alot of itk s losing credability over this Sahin farce,Duncan Jenkins being one.

Everything coming out now is pointing towards him going to Arsenal.

Sounds like he was coming here till Wenger jumped in at the last minute.

Its becoming a bit of a farce now considering he is only a loan signing.

Think you have just answered your own question there.

All pointed towards done deal until Arsenal furthered their efforts. We still may sign him. If it doesn't happen it doesn't mean people lose credibility from that. Things change quickly, honest journos can only report what they've been told and that may well have been factual information at the time.

the draw of playing for a club who have won fuck all in 6 years is too much to turn down, plus he'l get to play a few games in the cl before being knocked out, and into the europa, i can see why he would turn us down.

bunch of fucking defeatists, creaming yourselves just yesterday, now suicidal and full of rage, get a fucking grip.:whatever:

I'm coming around to the prospect of Dempsey arriving, not because I rate him but because he will arrive and I will have to get used to it and look to his good points and support him. But we do need cover for Lucas, Sahin would have been ideal for the short term but I think we need someone in the Song/Tiote mode, a little bit more physical, young and happy to play as cover (which would still mean 30+ games). Hopefully we can shift Adam and Spearing and spend that on a midfielder. If Caroll does go, again hopefully that can be used on another forward.

For a forward I don't know why we haven't inquired about Rossi on loan from Villareal! He is recovering from an injury so may not be ready, but a loan may enable us to see how he copes.

Another thing that is a positive regardless of Sahin, is that Song will leave Arsenal which means that they have lost Fabregas, NAsri, RVP and Song in two years and replaced them with Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla, Arteta and Sahin on loan!

I'm coming around to the prospect of Dempsey arriving, not because I rate him but because he will arrive and I will have to get used to it and look to his good points and support him. But we do need cover for Lucas, Sahin would have been ideal for the short term but I think we need someone in the Song/Tiote mode, a little bit more physical, young and happy to play as cover (which would still mean 30+ games). Hopefully we can shift Adam and Spearing and spend that on a midfielder. If Caroll does go, again hopefully that can be used on another forward.

For a forward I don't know why we haven't inquired about Rossi on loan from Villareal! He is recovering from an injury so may not be ready, but a loan may enable us to see how he copes.

Dempsey isn't coming mate.

Dempsey isn't coming mate.

Look I have got my hopes up with Sahin, Ramierez and Walcott, until the 1 September I am fearing the worst!

I hope you are right. Kalou scored a cracker tonight for Lille! He wasn't good enough but he would have been £5m less than Dempsey. We need another forward though, he did say 1 or 2 more so hopefully they feelt the same way.

What forward would you like to see coming in? I mean what sort of range are we talking about here? Mid to low level just for cover or high class impossible to get for a club in our position?

My ideal would have been someone like Ola John before he signed for Benfica, but that type of player young, reasonable price with the ability to develop. I don't expect us to be able to compete for the likes of Cazorla because of our current state. Greizmann and Holtby may be within reach, even Elia! So yes, mid level with the hope that they can improve. Osamma is the type of signing I like, and the type I really think that we need to be better at.

I was quite cheered by Callejon and Tello as I think they are the right type, I would like Moses but don't think he is worth anything above £7m. If Caroll goes then that would mean a genuine top class forward.

The truth is that I don't know enough about European football to give you a run down, I guess Honda for Caroll but that is really only going on International and sporadic champions league matches.

Good to hear that Soldado turned down Spurs the other day. With Rondon also telling them no, they really look light up front. I was really hoping they would be the ones to waste 15 million on Fletcher, but I guess the chance for that has gone. Maybe they could still redeem themselves by picking up Rhodes for some inflated price?

Which sort of brings me to my point: if Carroll did go and we had money to bring in a top CF, there aren't a lot of good options out there, are there? Damiao would presumably be too expensive, and no one else jumps out at me as an option. Perhaps our scouts have another Assaidi-like player in mind.

So you would take Moses but not Dempsey? Or you would accept Dempsey at a reasonable price?

Does anyone know why they wouldn't take Dempsey for ten million if we aren't looking at anyone else or do people think we should be looking for other players that aren't Dempsey for ten million and then who are they?

I'd accept Dempsey as a squad player for £5m (ish), nothing more. Moses, Holty, and Callejon would hopefully improve into the players that we can't afford now! The problem with players like Dempsey is the same as players like Cole, jovonovic and the like e.g. if they fail they have no sell on value and would be difficult to shift on those wages, whereas a player like Moses and Holtby would still have sell on value if it went wrong.

I thin Oussam proves we are looking at other players, and if the comments about Appelay are true, even more proof that we are looking. Which is a positive in that we have a number of options beyond Sahin, Tello etc.

He could improve but we want the finished article now don't we? I mean we know we would be getting a hard working player that knows when to get forward for goals against a young head down run like fuck now and again plays a good ball player. (these are all presumptions of what I have been led to believe because I haven't actually watched either player enough to make any sort of assessment of them.)

Which brings me to my point' date=' who is the alternatives to these players that we could actually get and that the club is looking at? I mean if we spend 10 mill on Dempsey cos we don't have anyone else lined up then it doesn't matter does it?[/quote']

The reason imo we havent got him is a simple one,the pot is empty.

If we had the money surely we would have gone for Ramirez at £12 million and £40k a week wages.

I dont think theres any money left for new players until we sell some.

It feels like alot was resting on Carroll joining West Ham for £19 million and when Carroll said he didnt want to go,it put paid to players who Rodgers wanted out of his grasp.