You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

If rogers intends to bench carroll all season, we should sell him for 20m , plus 7m for charlie adam. Use that 27m plus another 5m and go for truly special player. Think we've left it too late. I'd personally use Carroll with Suarez and Borini off him.

You make it sound so easy. No one wants to bid 20m for Carroll and I'm sure no one will bid 7m for Adam either.

The best we can hope for the pair of them is probably closer to 20M if we're extremely lucky.

It's also worth pointing out you cant sell everyone, a manager has to work with some players and try to make them better even if the boss doesn't fancy them. One of the reasons we ended up with Brendan according to Werner is he is a great teacher.

I'm not sure if the owners expect to make losses on every player that came in last summer. The amount we would lose on Carroll may as well keep him till at least Jan and see if we can get a tune out of him, what do we have to lose?.

Dont think I've ever been as depressed as a liverpool fan. We have been out of the elite clubs for two years now and I dont think we be back by next year either.

We finished eight last year and the owners are.coming out with shite kike they want top 4 well if fsg want top four they have to put their money where there.mouth is. We need more invesrment in the squad.

Does anyone think we are any better off than last year? We have lost bellamy, maxi and kuyt all players who get us goals in a team that doesnt score many. They have been replaced by borini and tgat new winger we dont know much bout them and I know its too early to judge but if they are a success are we any better off than last year if anythin we are at tge same level.

If we wanted to push on we needed to keep them players and buy.better players . I know everyone saying they were high earners. If we want to get back to where we were we have to have high earners..

If FSG cant do this they need to move on.

Fucking Downing is still playin for us and adam ,carrol and henderson are still here.

We need pace, creativity, skill, goals.

We probably won't sign anyone with any of those attributes.

We'll probably sign 2 or 3 21 years olds who whilst far from poor are no where near ready to help us become a better team in the here and now.

Written on the 31st of January.

You were close but Joe Allen is actually 22.

No we don't need high earners, we need quality players and somebody who earns a lot, it's not necessarily a quality player.

I must have phrased that wrong thats not what I meant. was trying to make the point that if we are to ever get back to the top again we will have a much better chance if we can afford to giv these quality players the wages they demand these days.

It looks like FSG want to cut the wage bill which will not help us get back to where we belong.

taking the wages out of it, is borini and assaidi an improvemnnt on bellamy and maxi?

We weren't in for Tello. Its Afellay we wanted and then when he turned us down we signed Aissaiti.

Maybe you know.more than me but its been.all over the news that we were interested in taking tello on loan , rodgers did an interview saying we were lookin at the loan.market and balague just been on sky saying that tello startin tonight basically ends the chances of us getting him.

Maybe you know.more than me but its been.all over the news that we were interested in taking tello on loan , rodgers did an interview saying we were lookin at the loan.market and balague just been on sky saying that tello startin tonight basically ends the chances of us getting him.

Smokescreen mate.

Only half a dozen.

Carroll, Cole, Henderson, Downing, Spearing, Carragher, Wilson, and Adam. Ok, eight. Actually, one of the senior back up keepers might as well go as well. I'd like to see Carragher join the coaching staff in some capacity (if he wants to of course, perhaps he'd rather start his managerial career in the lower leagues), the rest just take whatever we're offered. They're all shit, and even if we get a third of what we paid for some of them it'll still be money we could use to sign a striker now.

We need three or four new signings, and I can't see it happening unless several go to pay for them.

Written on the 31st of January.

You were close but Joe Allen is actually 22.

haha christ I wasn't far wrong.

For what its worth, I think Allen and Borini are good signings.

But they don't really solve our chronic problem of needing some real proper pace and creativity in the team.

Borini might add goals but I reckon we'd be better off playing him centrally for that to happen.