You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Why are people flapping about because we haven't signed any superstars yet? How do we know who the fuck we are targeting?

The window has been open for less than 2 weeks for Christ sake. Let's just wait and see what happens in the next month and a half before pissing our knickers. Borini is just one piece of the jigsaw. Dempsey with a year left on his contract would be a handy addition for the right price and the way we are seemingly being run these days I cannot see us getting fleeced on the deal, especially given our reluctance to overpay for a target in Sigurdson. By and large we don't know who the club are targeting and that's the way it should be.

I like Dempsey, but i like him for Fulham.

I've no doubt he could prove a useful player for us, but he falls into the "could do a job" category, fleshing out the squad and giving us options.

We ended up with all too many of that type of player last year, a bench full of reasonable quality who can fill in but no one to really change a game.

I really can't get too upset with Carroll leaving but I do wonder why he hasn't been given the clean slate other players have.

It's all about money isn't it?

More likely to be about 6 league goals in 42 league games and for the most part of 18 months not really looking arsed.

The thing thats concerning me the most at the minute isn't Carroll/Dempsey issue but the talk that Bellamy could be leaving. He's one of our best players

I love Bellamy but he was very anonymous for large parts of last season. When on form, he was brilliant and very much one pf our best players, when not, he was a complete passenger.

I love Bellamy but he was very anonymous for large parts of last season. When on form, he was brilliant and very much one pf our best players, when not, he was a complete passenger.

That's not how I remember it, I remember him being injured/out of the team for a while but it was a very rare occasion when he didn't contribute when he played. I'd be gutted if Bellamy went - he can play anywhere across the front, is quick, can finish and he's a leader. He's exactly the sort of player we need to keep.

That's not how I remember it, I remember him being injured/out of the team for a while but it was a very rare occasion when he didn't contribute when he played. I'd be gutted if Bellamy went - he can play anywhere across the front, is quick, can finish and he's a leader. He's exactly the sort of player we need to keep.

My memory might be tainted by the complete depression that was our league form last year. And I, like you, have hard time seeing the point of shipping him out.

There are two possible factors as far as I can tell: Rodgers' desire to free up the wages (I'd guess in the region of 60k per week) or Bellamy's desire to go back to Cardiff for the remainder of his career.

The thing thats concerning me the most at the minute isn't Carroll/Dempsey issue but the talk that Bellamy could be leaving. He's one of our best players

Yeah, Bellamy is class and was one of our few shining lights last season. He might want to go "home" to Cardiff though, his knees can't take more than one game per week and i imagine he's one of the top earners aswell. Though unless we bring in a top quality wide forward i reckon we'll be better off keeping him.

I caught the Villa away game yesterday and Bellamy was absolutely brilliant in that match. He we blowing past players on the wing (funnily enough, Downing didn't have a bad match either). I hope we keep Bellamy. He's intelligent, he knows how to get into position, and his interplay with Maxi and Suarez was excellent. He won't get that much playing time, but for the year he has left, and the number of matches we'll have this season, I think he'll be vital in a Rodgers system.

I'd agree with the gist of that, but I'd look at keeping him. We made a mistake letting him go after one season last time. Still fast as a 19-year-old too in a squad of players that generally seem to be running in quicksand.

More likely to be about 6 league goals in 42 league games and for the most part of 18 months not really looking arsed.

That and the fact he didn't want to come here in the first place probably had somethng to do with it. Kenny made every effort to make him feel welcome off the pitch but then pulls him off when he looks worth a shit when on it.

Andy was still pining for Newcastle until the game at St. James Park. They gave him dogs abuse and was made to feel like the red headed step child who'd just been caught bumming the OAP Sunday school teacher and molesting the local wild life. After that match I saw a change in attitude, more willing to take guys on and less willing to do Kenny's bidding and hang out on the wing.

I say keep him and give the lad some proper service.

Cole, keep till Christmas and see what he does.

Aqualani? If he can forgive and forget what the previous managers have done and give LFC, the area, and Rogers a chance and puts the effort in he could be super natural, alas I think far too much water has gone under the bridge for that to happen.

Henderson? Loan prehaps, with Shelvy given a chance.

Give Morgan, Sterling and Suso a chance.