You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We don't deserve success

Section_31

The performance was disappointing. Swansea played the way we expected them to play but we certainly didn’t play the way we’d expected to play.

If the chance [Andy Carroll's effort that struck the bar] goes in early doors then it changes the complexion of the game but as well as giving credit to Swansea we’ve got to look at ourselves and expect better performances than we produced there.

Anything we’re good at we certainly didn’t produce much of today. We’re usually good at passing and moving but there wasn’t much of that today when we got it back we gave it away quickly and most of the times when we gave it to them they got up the pitch well.

They had one chance in the second half when they put it over but as I say we’ve got to look at ourselves and understand that that level of performance is unacceptable.

I'm sure Shankly would have agreed.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't equate to blind faith mate, but I don't think we should have to put up the vitriol that's aimed towards the players and manager after a poor performance. ( or even a good performance, as has been the case plenty of times this season)

I don't like the vitriol either. Criticism should always be tempered with respect and understanding. I probably spoke in anger myself last night, but some people did indeed sink to a depth I hate to see. If that's all this thread is aimed at, then fine. I agree.

The performance was disappointing. Swansea played the way we expected them to play but we certainly didn’t play the way we’d expected to play.

If the chance [Andy Carroll's effort that struck the bar] goes in early doors then it changes the complexion of the game but as well as giving credit to Swansea we’ve got to look at ourselves and expect better performances than we produced there.

Anything we’re good at we certainly didn’t produce much of today. We’re usually good at passing and moving but there wasn’t much of that today when we got it back we gave it away quickly and most of the times when we gave it to them they got up the pitch well.

They had one chance in the second half when they put it over but as I say we’ve got to look at ourselves and understand that that level of performance is unacceptable.

I'm sure Shankly would have agreed.

A perfectly fair and eloquent critique, I don't think anybody can be blamed for being angry at what we saw yesterday afternoon but that doesn't excuse some of the shite on here last night.

I have seen vitriol from a couple of wankers, and thats what they are and they are ignored.Reasonable questioning doesnt seem to be acceptable either though.I wish i had the capacity to stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes and yell at anyone rasing doubts about our team or decisions made by our current management.

I'm not against debate as long as its reasonable.

I never had any expectations of us winning the league at the start of the season. I'm hoping, not expecting us to get into the Champions League. We're currently under going a rebuilding job that could be described as massive. We're constantly mocked for looking to the past and telling everyone that we're the 5 times Champions of Europe. I'd love to see us hit the heights of the past again but its gonna take time and I'm a patient man because I have an unconditional love for my team.

I'm embarrassed when we lose, I hurt when we lose, I feel disappoint when we lose, I feel anger when we lose. The same when we draw. When we win I'm always happy regardless of how we win. This is just me. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter and always will be come what may.

I'm not against debate as long as its reasonable.

I never had any expectations of us winning the league at the start of the season. I'm hoping, not expecting us to get into the Champions League. We're currently under going a rebuilding job that could be described as massive. We're constantly mocked for looking to the past and telling everyone that we're the 5 times Champions of Europe. I'd love to see us hit the heights of the past again but its gonna take time and I'm a patient man because I have an unconditional love for my team.

I'm embarrassed when we lose, I hurt when we lose, I feel disappoint when we lose, I feel anger when we lose. The same when we draw. When we win I'm always happy regardless of how we win. This is just me. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter and always will be come what may.

Repped.

I can't disagree with any of that Preston Red. Personally (and maybe this is a character flaw), after a performance as bad as yesterday I find that I have to get the anger out of my system somehow, and posting on these boards and reading other people's opinions allows me to do that. As you say though, it should always be reasonable.

"All our signings are shit", or "Kenny's tactics are shit", or "we have no chance of fourth" are all very unreasonable, let alone some of the shambolic drivelling shite I saw posted on here last night by so-called Liverpool supporters.

I don't want to be associated with that just because I criticised the team strongly out of anger, and will continue to do so when they deliver a performance which was clearly nowhere near good enough.

Repped.

Thank you Chris :)

I can't disagree with any of that Preston Red. Personally (and maybe this is a character flaw), after a performance as bad as yesterday I find that I have to get the anger out of my system somehow, and posting on these boards and reading other people's opinions allows me to do that. As you say though, it should always be reasonable.

"All our signings are shit", or "Kenny's tactics are shit", or "we have no chance of fourth" are all very unreasonable, let alone some of the shambolic drivelling shite I saw posted on here last night by so-called Liverpool supporters.

I don't want to be associated with that just because I criticised the team strongly out of anger, and will continue to do so when they deliver a performance which was clearly nowhere near good enough.

I hear you brother.

It's the OTT reactions that really piss me off. Like yourself, I'll hold my hands up admit when we're shit and will criticise where I think criticism is due. That's what we pay our money for and that's what we're entitled to.

I think the most frustrating part of the poor results at the moment is that there arent too many changes in personnel that would make much of a difference,Bellamy apart IMHO.

That said we are still unbeaten in 9 league and cup games,unbeaten at home and are capable of better than this.

We know this because we've beaten both Arsenal and Everton away only a few weeks ago.

You're raised an important issue there that I think I can address: Charlie Adam smells of deep-fried Mars bars.

Possibly the shittest, most pointless comment I have ever read. And negged.

And I was so pissed off I even fucking repped him instead, fucking hell

Its just getting hysterical on here now. Sure the football or the results arent what we want right now, but if anyone expected this ship that has been following the wrong course for quite a few years now to suddenly start going the right way without any trouble then they need to have a word with themselves. Theres no quick fix, we have to work hard as a team, and that includes us, the fans. That means we have to stop squeaking like poncy fucking hairdressers every time something doesnt work out. I watched the Spurs game today, they went 2 up, but could have been pegged back to 2-2 as 2 shots took deflections and went over. With our luck they would have gone in. Theres no easy way with this, and I'm not advocating blind faith, but theres some people on here who have been very quick to take aim at Dalglish, they know who they are, for whatever reason. What those reasons are, I couldnt give a fuck, but it is early in the day for people to be demanding the lifeboats, Calm the fuck down.

When Benitez was sacked the rules of the game changed. The unwritten constitution of the "Liverpool Way" died and a new era began. Dalglish will have to live by the new rules like every other future manager. Reputation and name now mean very little. Results and transfer success, everything. It's very simple, so get used to it boys and girls.

When Benitez was sacked the rules of the game changed. The unwritten constitution of the "Liverpool Way" died and a new era began. Dalglish will have to live by the new rules like every other future manager. Reputation and name now mean very little. Results and transfer success, everything. It's very simple, so get used to it boys and girls.

Why should we get used to it?

More respected and eloquent posters have put it better than I ever could, but there is a difference between reasonable debate and discussion and some of the puerile, juvenile shite that appeared on here last night.

I won't put up with it any more, and will call out every ludicrous and over the top flouncingly hysterical comment that appears from now on . Although that could be a full time job.....

No change, twas ever thus.

What a pile of stinking self-righteous bullshit.

EDIT: unless I'm reading you wrong and you are not trying to justify it.

Edited by zigackly

The Liverpool Way died with Benitez? Jesus Christ, you're a bit emotional and overwrought I think.

I really don’t understand some of you, we’re being completely tactically outclassed by shite managers, the results/performances are terrible and our manager doesn’t seem to be able to see any of it.

All this after spending a complete mint on HIS own players, I and other people on the forum have every right to voice their concerns.

Yes, you do. But I'm going to ignore what you say in future because your name is an unedifying combination of arachnid and anachronism.