You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

You need to speak to them because they lost loads when they switched over from paper to digital system. 

Yeah I think I was one of them, as I joined the list when I enrolled on the PTS back in 2003, in 2013 (or whenever it was they made us pay £5 to stay on it) they had no record of me, and just added me then.  What a fucking shambles.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

They seem to be working hard on the inside at the moment and relaxed about the main stand corner where there’ll be new seating as well as the other seating, so maybe that means they think they’ve a chance of finishing the inside.

On 04/07/2023 at 14:59, Red_or_Dead said:

Yeah I think I was one of them, as I joined the list when I enrolled on the PTS back in 2003, in 2013 (or whenever it was they made us pay £5 to stay on it) they had no record of me, and just added me then.  What a fucking shambles.

Happened to my wife and daughter. Registered in 2001, when they were put in a ledger in the offices that were behind the Anny Rd stand, both paid the £5 thing and then when we enquired about the ST waiting list in 2013 were told they weren’t on the list. Luckily I’d kept emails and shit from them over the years to prove them wrong, but they still made us accept positions around 7000 on the list, which was much higher than we thought.

Emailed them 3 weeks ago because my wife and daughter have changed emails but they couldn’t remember their passwords asking for their positions, and could they amend their email addresses and send them a link so they could reset the passwords. Not rocket science is it? Got a reply for my wife saying due to data protection she had to apply for info herself. Got a reply for my daughter saying she was 3200+ on the list and her membership number was not the same as what she originally had???

Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

Results of ticket ballots were due today for 1st half of season games with sale to follow - results npw delayed by 2 weeks and sale pushed back too....

We hope you’re having a nice summer and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Anfield for the new Premier League season.

We were planning to inform you today with the outcome of the Members’ ticket ballot for the first half of the season. We have decided to postpone those results and the ticket sale itself for a few more weeks while work continues on our fantastic Anfield Road Stand build.

To avoid any potential disruption to you, we wanted to wait until we have confirmation of the total stand capacity from Liverpool City Council’s licencing team.

The ballot results will now be published on Monday 31st July 2023 with the full Members’ sale starting from Tuesday August 8th 2023.

Everyone connected to the club is so excited to see and hear the difference this new stand will make next season but we are taking a prudent approach and will be following this thorough process with our colleagues at Liverpool City Council.

Safety is always our priority and, as with any major stadium build that involves thousands of people, we have test events planned next month after which we will receive a licence from Liverpool City Council to operate the new stand and confirm the total capacity.

We hope you agree that postponing the sale and waiting until we have more certainty is in the best interests of our supporters.

Thanks for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,

Phil Dutton

Vice President of Ticketing and Hospitality

Doesn't sound positive. I watched one of those Mr drone things the other day, it's got to be said it's looking miles off and backs up a lot of what I've heard that if the stand does open, it won't be much more than the seats and toilets - no food and drink or anything else available inside. From what you could see in the drone, the hospitality area didn't really look like it had started. Mr drone was stressed about the seats not being in, but I always understood that to be a quick thing to sort. The fact we still don't have a date for the test days also says they're not confident on dates. 

I wonder if they'll just get some bare minimum open for day 1 v Bournemouth and it gives them till September then for the 2nd game to get completed. 

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

Results of ticket ballots were due today for 1st half of season games with sale to follow - results npw delayed by 2 weeks and sale pushed back too....

We hope you’re having a nice summer and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Anfield for the new Premier League season.

We were planning to inform you today with the outcome of the Members’ ticket ballot for the first half of the season. We have decided to postpone those results and the ticket sale itself for a few more weeks while work continues on our fantastic Anfield Road Stand build.

To avoid any potential disruption to you, we wanted to wait until we have confirmation of the total stand capacity from Liverpool City Council’s licencing team.

The ballot results will now be published on Monday 31st July 2023 with the full Members’ sale starting from Tuesday August 8th 2023.

Everyone connected to the club is so excited to see and hear the difference this new stand will make next season but we are taking a prudent approach and will be following this thorough process with our colleagues at Liverpool City Council.

Safety is always our priority and, as with any major stadium build that involves thousands of people, we have test events planned next month after which we will receive a licence from Liverpool City Council to operate the new stand and confirm the total capacity.

We hope you agree that postponing the sale and waiting until we have more certainty is in the best interests of our supporters.

Thanks for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,

Phil Dutton

Vice President of Ticketing and Hospitality

Very surprised by this, my monocle has fallen off.

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Doesn't sound positive. I watched one of those Mr drone things the other day, it's got to be said it's looking miles off and backs up a lot of what I've heard that if the stand does open, it won't be much more than the seats and toilets - no food and drink or anything else available inside. From what you could see in the drone, the hospitality area didn't really look like it had started. Mr drone was stressed about the seats not being in, but I always understood that to be a quick thing to sort. The fact we still don't have a date for the test days also says they're not confident on dates. 

I wonder if they'll just get some bare minimum open for day 1 v Bournemouth and it gives them till September then for the 2nd game to get completed. 

My guess would be bare minimum for 1st game yeah - maybe even only 1 tier (lower) due to H&S.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I wonder if they don't even need a test even for the lower tier. 

Don't know....but they must know they can do at least that or otherwise they'd have done what Luton have done as not doing so means problems and agg from league.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I watched that video too, the only thing I took from it was the speculation he shared. The rest was him flapping his fanny, we could stick in 2000 seats and take down the scaffolding tomorrow and the thing looks completely different. It's what's being done behind those windows is what is most important. I'm going to speculate that the developers are facing massive fines if it's not completed so I reckon we will get there in time for Bournemouth. 

36 minutes ago, No2 said:

I watched that video too, the only thing I took from it was the speculation he shared. The rest was him flapping his fanny, we could stick in 2000 seats and take down the scaffolding tomorrow and the thing looks completely different. It's what's being done behind those windows is what is most important. I'm going to speculate that the developers are facing massive fines if it's not completed so I reckon we will get there in time for Bournemouth. 

Of course they'll face massive penalties, doesn't mean it won't happen though. It's the behind the scenes I meant really, the little you could see is it looked just like a shell. Which backs up what I've been told separately. All focus right now is on seats, basic facilities and safety and the rest will have to follow later. 

We'll find out soon enough though. They will need to do test events and they'll have to be done with some time to spare before the opening home game, which is only 4 and a bit weeks away.