You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Exactly.

Sad as it may sound to us but there's a lot of people out there away from LFC who aren't interested. I've seen it described as "Hillsborough fatigue" by supporters of other clubs and making a big deal out of this kind of thing dilutes the main campaign.

The club recognise the HFSG and not the HJC (Rightly or wrongly) and the HFSG were consulted. How many groups are the club supposed to contact? I'd expect a statement like this from SOS, but the HJC should have kept this one private.

Well said. Whether we like it or not, 'compassion fatigue' exists with non-Kopites. Battles should be chosen well, and this ain't a good choice. There is also the the 'Judean People's Front' tag that can aimed at the different groups. They all need good advice on PR, hence, LFC can be the last ones to turn to on that.

What press release can you link me to it please.

Or can anyone link me to the press release thanks.

Ive only found a Warrior one but I'd imagine that Liverpool, or any other major sports club,would want to oversee anything major like this.

It doesnt mention HFSG or anything about Hillsborough other than being a 'socially responsible' company.

I'll shuffle about and see if theres anything else I can find.

http://images.warrior.com/war-us/pdf/warrior_announcement.pdf

Here is the Echo article too.

Hillsborough Justice Campaign: Lack of consultation over new LFC shirt design is 'insensitive, divisive and deplorable' - Liverpool Local News - News - Liverpool Echo

It's not deplorable, it's a massive cock up and a break down in communication. HJC should have been included. It's not fucking rocket science, jesus i could do a job for LFC as could most people on here.

Forge links with the community, talk to the fans, it's not difficult. Ask the players to visit the hospital more regularly, why once a year? They all enjoy it, put on rotation and get one to visit once a week.

Get the youth team to play at anfield when possible and just cover the costs to open anfield. If it's not possible, let people know you looked into it.

etc.

It's not deplorable, it's a massive cock up and a break down in communication. HJC should have been included. It's not fucking rocket science, jesus i could do a job for LFC as could most people on here.

Forge links with the community, talk to the fans, it's not difficult. Ask the players to visit the hospital more regularly, why once a year? They all enjoy it, put on rotation and get one to visit once a week.

Get the youth team to play at anfield when possible and just cover the costs to open anfield. If it's not possible, let people know you looked into it.

etc.

The job's yours!

Is this still rumbling on. Lets be truthful here, it seems a splinter group, upset that they are not getting attention like the HFSG get, so it seems they release this statement to get that attention. Rightly or wrongly whatever your stance is on it.

To me i admit i never knew what the flames represented at first, i honestly thought it was part of the design. When it was pointed out to me a fair time later, i honestly felt stupid.

So with the 96 on the back, it is more prominent

Ive only found a Warrior one but I'd imagine that Liverpool, or any other major sports club,would want to oversee anything major like this.

It doesnt mention HFSG or anything about Hillsborough other than being a 'socially responsible' company.

I'll shuffle about and see if theres anything else I can find.

http://images.warrior.com/war-us/pdf/warrior_announcement.pdf

Here is the Echo article too.

Hillsborough Justice Campaign: Lack of consultation over new LFC shirt design is 'insensitive, divisive and deplorable' - Liverpool Local News - News - Liverpool Echo

Thanks mate there the only things I managed to find as well regarding the kit release.

I am convinced now that this statement HJC mention is actually the minutes from the supporters meeting in March with the club.

This one and if thats the case well I saying nothing people can make there own minds up.

Question 9 from Tore Hansen representing the Official Supporters Clubs

It wouldn't be appropriate to discuss a new shirt design prior to it being officially launched however, we can say that the Hillsborough families Support Group have and will be consulted throughout the design process.

Points raised: Yes the families were consulted on the proposals and they have confirmed that they are happy with final design.

Actions agreed: None.

We dont talk to HJC, never have, why's it took the flames being moved for people to moan about that?

Sure they should talk to them but they dont, I think Moores found them too militant and its kept up through the new lot too

I think because they are trying to get justice for the 96 means they will be in direct/indirect conflict with the authorities and a football club can't bee seen to be battling with the Old Bill 24/7 (yes I know its South Yorkshire police their beef is with but their all brothers together aren't they?!). You know if Liverpool openly backed them then the police would start dicking around with our kick off times, saying it wasn't safe or some such shit and kettling the fans or overcharging or other bollocks like that!

Back to the actual kit, I've just been playing at Anfield (I know, I know) and had a walk in the club shop afterwards and the kit is up in the store. Had a feel of it and quality material used there as well. Looks smart.

Back to the actual kit, I've just been playing at Anfield (I know, I know) and had a walk in the club shop afterwards and the kit is up in the store. Had a feel of it and quality material used there as well. Looks smart.

Are you a groundsman in disguise?

• 2 weeks later...
Any forumites get theirs yet? Seems a few on rawk did but no decent pics on there. Would love to see it if any have it and can post pics. Rep incoming

I got mine in post today, in Northern Ireland, post man said he had a van filled with them, I have to say I am very happy with it, good material, the material on the sleeves is slightly different to the main body (I got the long sleeved) it does look very retro and is a deep red.

I fookin love it :-) The free t-shirt isnt bad either