You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 players for every position

Megadrive Man

After watching our friendly match yesterday I realised that as it stands we could field 3 full teams that have played premiership football. Including an entire team of players that we need to get rid of!

We're still being linked with signing a few new players too, but surely we must sell before we can buy now?

---------------Reina-------------

-Johnson-Carragher-Agger-Aurelio-

-----------Lucas-Adam----------

Henderson----Gerrard----Saurez--

---------------Carroll------------

----------------Gulacsi-----------

--Flanagan-Skrtel-Kelly-Robinson--

----------Spearing-Shelvey-------

----Maxi-------Meireles----Downing

-----------------Kuyt-------------

-----------------Jones-------------

--Degan--Kyrgiakos--Wilson---Insua-

------------Poulsen-Aquilani--------

--Cole------Pachecco---El Zhar-----

-----------------N'gog--------------

and we don't need to be dependent on stevienbext season. with no europe distraction and the competition for places we are going to be unstoppable. we will particularly come on strong in second half of the season as we will be fresher than the other top team. Hope spurs go all the way in euopa and arsenal get knocked out in semi od cl

Ye i was trying to narrow down our squad to 25. Adding a new left back,centre half and back up striker to the first 2 line ups would leave us with the 25 allowed,plus a third choice keeper would bring the number up to 26.

Meireles is the only one being touted to leave from the 2nd line up or maybe Shelvey on loan. So we're either going to have to make room for a few of these big wage reserves in the 25 at the expense of someone like Jack Robinson or else going to end up paying the majority of their wages while on loan at another club.

I'd imagine our wage bill as it stands is truly horrifying. Will be very interesting to see the final list of 25.

After watching our friendly match yesterday I realised that as it stands we could field 3 full teams that have played premiership football. Including an entire team of players that we need to get rid of!

We're still being linked with signing a few new players too, but surely we must sell before we can buy now?

I wouldn't be too concerned if all of team 3 were moved on. What would that do to reduce the wage bill. Transfer value ? be lucky to get anywhere near 30 mill

Guest San Don

Massive fail!

We've been down this 'we could field 3 PL teams' with a previous manager. And the truth was we were fucking shite!

No, what we need is a one boss fucking team with quality subs to come into the team as and when there are injuries, suspensions or loss of form.

I dont want 3 'good' teams, I want one boss one and quality back ups. Then we may get somewhere close to winning a title.

I'd keep Pacheco and Wilson out of that last team to be honest. Pacheco should get his chance this year i think and if he makes well then "fantastic" but if he does not? what have we lost in giving a very promising young lad some game time?

Danny Wilson seems to be a decent defender but very clumsy IMHO. I say let him here for 2 years one on loan to another club and one back at Anfield and access is he good enough for this brillant club. His young so obviously on low wages so why let him leave he has potential. But personally i think Wisdom is probably a better player with a bigger future and if we sign another young hungry CB i think if the right offer comes in the lads days could be outnumbered

Ye i was trying to narrow down our squad to 25. Adding a new left back,centre half and back up striker to the first 2 line ups would leave us with the 25 allowed,plus a third choice keeper would bring the number up to 26.

Meireles is the only one being touted to leave from the 2nd line up or maybe Shelvey on loan. So we're either going to have to make room for a few of these big wage reserves in the 25 at the expense of someone like Jack Robinson or else going to end up paying the majority of their wages while on loan at another club.

I'd imagine our wage bill as it stands is truly horrifying. Will be very interesting to see the final list of 25.

Players under the age of 21 at the start of the year doesn't need to be registred in the squad of 25.

Péter Gulácsi, Martin Hansen, Daniel Ayala, John Flanagan, Martin Kelly, Emmanuel Mendy, Jack Robinson, Danny Wilson, Andre Wisdom, Conor Coady, Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey, Nathan Eccleston, Gerardo Bruna, Tom Ince and Dani Pacheco were all under the age of 21 at the start of the year.