You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amazing deal!!!

JaminKibbler

Guest davelfc

It was a lot cheaper before they noticed their error, they won't honour the previous price. I find that it's a waste of effort ordering.

Guest davelfc
Do they not have to honour their price? I'd make a complaint if they refused to honour it. Kick up a stink! It's mis-selling.

It depends, years ago you'd get away with it. Now you get an email telling you that it was an error and that your order has been cancelled.

There's nothing you can do, I suspect sometimes it is just to get people to sign up to their site so they can send you emails. Hence I avoid them.

If it's a pricing error, you won't get it. See the following from their T&C's.

Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgment of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on the Website. The conclusion of a contract between you and us will take place when we (i) debit your credit, debit card or PayPal account or (ii) dispatch the goods to you or commence the services, whichever is the later.

In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.

Basic contract clauses these, to avoid them having to sell mis-priced goods. Their advert on the website is not an offer to sell you the goods at the price stated. It's what is known as an "invitation to treat" - which in effect is an invite to you, the buyer, to offer to purchase the goods off them for the price stated. As with all offers, they are then free to either accept or refuse your offer. As the above T&C states, their acceptance of your offer will be made out when they charge your card or deliver the goods, NOT by an e-mail acknowledging your order. So, even if you've had a confirmation e-mail, you ain't got a leg to stand on unless they've gone as far as to take money from your account.

Hope this helps.....