You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Haye v Klitschko - Poll and Fight Thread

Red Banjo

And the winner is....  

60 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is....

• Haye by KO
    • Haye on Points
    • Klitschko by KO
    • Klitschko on Points
    • Draw

True enough. An early knockdown might have prompted Haye to go after Wlad a lot sooner than he did, like the Mormeck fight(a fight where his body punching was a huge factor in slowing Mormeck down and, as Macklin showed last week, that's the way to nullify a jab) . Forgot to say, as I'm essentially used to it from him by now, but Wlad had a much smaller and lesser opponent in front of him - he should've gone for the kill. That would have underlined his legacy perfectly.

Yeah he fought a cruiserweight tonight and couldn't take him out, he dominated most of the fight in fairness but he'll never go down in history as one of the great champions. Lewis would destroy him.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adamek but he's like Haye who's another cruiserweight stepping up. I'd love to see Solis get fit and get back in again as he has the skills and the size.

I've not really seen much of Adamek to be honest. Is he still fighting Vitali this year, or is that off now? If Adamek wins, that's got to be Wlad's next fight, it's the only one there for him with a belt.

Going to be interesting to see what the various boxing associations do about the belt situation now as well - mandatory challengers, all that palaver. They're not usually keen on them staying unified for very long are they?

As for Solis, yeah I'd like that too. I won't pretend to have seen every minute of his career either but from what I have seen, he's got the ability to mix it at the top level.

The heavyweight division has been stale for so long, even the better fighters of recent years could barely hold a candle to some of the greats. These days,the excitement is largely coming from the lighter weight divisions - with the exception of this fight, the prospect of a heavyweight title bout hasn't really excited me for a long time.

Yeah he fought a cruiserweight tonight and couldn't take him out, he dominated most of the fight in fairness but he'll never go down in history as one of the great champions. Lewis would destroy him.

Looking at how trim he looked tonight, I'd fancy Lewis against him now.

I've not really seen much of Adamek to be honest. Is he still fighting Vitali this year, or is that off now? If Adamek wins, that's got to be Wlad's next fight, it's the only one there for him with a belt.

Going to be interesting to see what the various boxing associations do about the belt situation now as well - mandatory challengers, all that palaver. They're not usually keen on them staying unified for very long are they?

As for Solis, yeah I'd like that too. I won't pretend to have seen every minute of his career either but from what I have seen, he's got the ability to mix it at the top level.

The heavyweight division has been stale for so long, even the better fighters of recent years could barely hold a candle to some of the greats. These days,the excitement is largely coming from the lighter weight divisions - with the exception of this fight, the prospect of a heavyweight title bout hasn't really excited me for a long time.

Adamek is very brave and he's got decent skill but he's got no power at heavyweight and i reckon Vitali will walk through him, that fight is still on.

The belt situation is a complete joke, now that Wlad has four, each boxing council will expect him to fight their number 1 contender and if he doesn't they take the belt off him. Sadly boxing is all about the money and not doing things right, it has to come to a head as it's losing the publics interest.

I didnt give a haye a round myself. He just didnt do enough to change the course of the fight, he didnt take the risks needed to force the KO. I think Haye underestimated Vlad and quickly realised the fight he trained for just wasnt gonna happen, Klitschko was faster than haye I imagined I think and his jab more effective. He was just too big and too good.

I was one of the 8 who called it right but unfortunately didnt put money on it, soft cunt that I am.

Haye is an embarrasment and that comes from a fan of his. He's not good enough against the best in the division.

I desperately wanted him to win but he was all talk.

I think he deserves alot of credit, all his shit talk aside he was trying to become a two weight unified World champion and he was good to watch during his career. He just came up against a better fighter tonight but he did shake Wlad up and it's been a long long time since somebody done that.

Sky's website - I was looking for the interview you gents keep mentioning - describing Haye as "brave" and delivering a "heroic performance". Astounding.

I wish PB15 was on here tonight, with the way he feels about the heavyweight title he'd be giving Haye the kind of pasting some were hoping Wlad might.

While your all so quick to jump on Haye - wasn't this exactly what he wanted to rid the heavyweight division of? Boring, robotic jabbing. Effective? Yes. Shit boring? Hell yes.

but he did nothing about it? hes boring himself because he doesn't want to get hit

He'd beat him wearing the hat as well.

Quality.

As far as the belts are concerned, he'll no doubt drop two of them to get them back into circulation and swerve at least three dangerous fighters in the process with them being vacant belts. Couple of big purses against the opponents he fancies for the other two and everybody's happy.

Well not everybody actually. Not me for one. I know it's not the fighters, it's the game but like you said, the stitch-ups and general malarkey that goes on between the various associations is to the overall detriment of the sport. It's never going to change though.

Sky's website - I was looking for the interview you gents keep mentioning - describing Haye as "brave" and delivering a "heroic performance". Astounding.

I wish PB15 was on here tonight, with the way he feels about the heavyweight title he'd be giving Haye the kind of pasting some were hoping Wlad might.

Yeah, I'd have been interested in hearing Paddy's input tonight as well. Always had some good insight to offer to those of us less schooled in the sport.

If Haye fought him again he'd beat him. I have no doubt about that. It's just that he couldn't put it together when needed, toe or not. He'll never get a re-match and Wlad would be mad to give him one. He won fair and square.

If Haye fought him again he'd beat him. I have no doubt about that. It's just that he couldn't put it together when needed, toe or not. He'll never get a re-match and Wlad would be mad to give him one. He won fair and square.

I was very surprised at Hayes chin, he took some big right hands but he was never badly hurt.

I was very surprised at Hayes chin, he took some big right hands but he was never badly hurt.

Yeah I was quite surprised too. That whole toe thing has put a nagging doubt in my mind, I was ready to write him off as a total gobshite and shyster but you've gotta think that if he was fully fit he would've connected with some bombs. Add that to the fact that his balance was totally put out, if this is his defining fight then it's very unfortunate.

His movement was very good, considering; and he has a fighters spirit. As you say, he took a few big hits but never really looked rattled. The game plan was a little too cagey, yet that may have been influenced by the injury, and any time he got past that jab he couldn't keep his balance. Oh, and the referee was woeful.

I desperately hope he get's a rematch. Haye would win by KO if they ever fought again imo.

Haye was so disappointing. I'm not sure why he tried to fight such a big guy on the outside. He needed to get in close but was too cautious and Wlad picked him off easily with his reach. Haye scared Wlad everytime he lunged forward but he didn't attack enough. If he really pressured Wlad, 2 rounds of solid, relentless attacking, he might have knocked him out. Haye was never, ever going to win a cautious, defensive fight against the likes of Klitschko.

Yeah I was quite surprised too. That whole toe thing has put a nagging doubt in my mind, I was ready to write him off as a total gobshite and shyster but you've gotta think that if he was fully fit he would've connected with some bombs. Add that to the fact that his balance was totally put out, if this is his defining fight then it's very unfortunate.

His movement was very good, considering; and he has a fighters spirit. As you say, he took a few big hits but never really looked rattled. The game plan was a little too cagey, yet that may have been influenced by the injury, and any time he got past that jab he couldn't keep his balance. Oh, and the referee was woeful.

I desperately hope he get's a rematch. Haye would win by KO if they ever fought again imo.

I don't know how much the toe actually affected him but what does my head in was his lack of punches. I know Wlad is very hard to catch but he should have gone for it more especially seeing as he could hurt Wlad, the lack of action was very frustrating.

I quite enjoyed that. Interesting fight, only one knockdown (and that wasnt really a knockdown) but It was still entertaining and it always felt if something could happen.

Haye can fuck off with that excuse though, all PR bullshit. Had he of won, he would have been saying how great he was because he won with a broken toe, total opposite now.

Haye made a prick of himself all night.

I didnt mind the talk in the build up as its gets the promotional machine running and gnerates more money.But his not coming out on time and constant complaining pissed me off.

Of course Klitschko would put his weight on him in the clinch.Haye was jumping into shots so never had any balance all fight,so as soon and they came togther he would clinch and lean,all heavyweight do it.Haye hit the floor tim after time too try and gets points deducted and it worked.Booth whined all the time about in the days leading up to the fight to put pressure on the ref,he was smiling in his corner after the point deduction.I think that is why the ref counted the knockdown late on as he was sick on Haye crumpling to the floor every time the clinch and complaing through the fight.

Klitschko had a perfect gameplan and fought well.He took the centre of the ring every round and just walked Haye down and kept him at the right length to win the fight.I do not have a problem with him not pushing for the KO,he had the fight in the bag after 6 rounds and taticaly fought the correct fight.Why would he go for broke and leave himslef open like Haye wanted.

As for Hayes excuse,fuck me how to make yourself look like a cunt or what.

The broken toe had fuck all to do with that.It didnt stop him jumping into every shot.Klitschko could see it coming every time,he would put the weight onto his back foot to load up and klitschko just moved a half step back and was out of his reach.

I never understood why he never tried to take the approach most smaller heavyweight have taken over the years.

Watch a Joe Frazier,Floyd Patterson and Tyson fight for the perfect way to win.

Peek-a-boo style defence with lots of bobbing and weaving under the jab and right hand to get in then attack the body and head with hooks and combinations.

I wish Lennox could come out of retirement. Aside from the Klitschkos the division is awful.

Got to admit, I totally underrated Wlad, he completely owned that fight. Owned the centre of the ring, had good movement and kept Haye at arms length, picking him off when he wanted really.

Haye made a prick of himself all night.

I didnt mind the talk in the build up as its gets the promotional machine running and gnerates more money.But his not coming out on time and constant complaining pissed me off.

Of course Klitschko would put his weight on him in the clinch.Haye was jumping into shots so never had any balance all fight,so as soon and they came togther he would clinch and lean,all heavyweight do it.Haye hit the floor tim after time too try and gets points deducted and it worked.Booth whined all the time about in the days leading up to the fight to put pressure on the ref,he was smiling in his corner after the point deduction.I think that is why the ref counted the knockdown late on as he was sick on Haye crumpling to the floor every time the clinch and complaing through the fight.

Klitschko had a perfect gameplan and fought well.He took the centre of the ring every round and just walked Haye down and kept him at the right length to win the fight.I do not have a problem with him not pushing for the KO,he had the fight in the bag after 6 rounds and taticaly fought the correct fight.Why would he go for broke and leave himslef open like Haye wanted.

As for Hayes excuse,fuck me how to make yourself look like a cunt or what.

The broken toe had fuck all to do with that.It didnt stop him jumping into every shot.Klitschko could see it coming every time,he would put the weight onto his back foot to load up and klitschko just moved a half step back and was out of his reach.

I never understood why he never tried to take the approach most smaller heavyweight have taken over the years.

Watch a Joe Frazier,Floyd Patterson and Tyson fight for the perfect way to win.

Peek-a-boo style defence with lots of bobbing and weaving under the jab and right hand to get in then attack the body and head with hooks and combinations.

Awesome post

I don't get all this "wlad was afraid of his power, he wouldn't stand and trade with Haye"

Heavyweights don't stand and trade with each other, they just don't do that because the simple fact is, if a heavyweight hits you, you get knocked out, it's not like a middleweight or welterweight where the odd fighter has ko power, ALL heavyweights can knock each other out, so why the fuck would you let yourself get hit, it's retard talk

It'd be like playing football with no goal keeper

Haye was fucking shite, he knew it wasn't the fight he envisaged from the first minute, so tried to play act ALL NIGHT, I haven't seen someone cry to a ref that much ever before, it was embarrassing, and then to come out with that broken toe excuse, he made himself a fucking laughing stock

The most annoying thing for me was when sky went back to their panel they all agreed it was a shit excuse from Haye, then they went to an add break, the producer must have had a word, and they came back and said Haye could never win without his pinky toe, fucking bullshit

I'm sorry lads, but it's exactly like England getting beat in a world cup, theres always seem stupid reason, instead of the simple thing of not being good enough

I thought the sky panel were excellent after Hayes pathetic excuse, each one of them giggled and said it wouldn't have made a difference, Haye is a puffed up Cruiserweight who's mouth got him that shot, he's an embarrassment to a wonderful sport, this is what he'll be remembered for not his past achievements

Hayes game plan of running at Klitschko with his head down and throwing a right hand above his head was something you'd see on the streets on a saturday night. I was impressed with Klitschko throughout the build up and the fight. He was articulate in interviews, never lost his cool and in the end won easily.

Haye was avoiding this fight for years and chose to fight Fraudley Harrison instead. That says everything to me. Fraudley has been a spent force from the moment his professional career began about 10 years ago. It was an easy opponent for Haye and made him look good but he was fighting a nobody.

haye has proved himself as totally classless out of the ring and ordinary in the ring. Retire now or fight on and prove how shit you really are - nobody gives a fuck. fucking slabber.

Klitschko's ring entrance was the highlight of the night.