You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Go back in time and tell Manchester City Council the same about their brown field sites that used to be shit holes. Sorry but if this city wants to catch up with it’s contemporaries it need all the help it can get when billion pound developments are in the offing. Do nothing and that area stays the same for another generation.

As I say, the stadium alone brings nothing. Peel have done fuck all on that site and they've been talking for decades. It needs a strong strategic vision from the council of what they want the city to be beyond city centre pubs and hotels and get Peel to actually deliver or find a way to take the land off then. The planning strategy of Manchester didn't revolve around 1 isolated football stadium. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

As I say, the stadium alone brings nothing. Peel have done fuck all on that site and they've been talking for decades. It needs a strong strategic vision from the council of what they want the city to be beyond city centre pubs and hotels and get Peel to actually deliver or find a way to take the land off then. The planning strategy of Manchester didn't revolve around 1 isolated football stadium. 

No but it could and should act as a catalyst.

1 minute ago, Halcyon Days said:

No but it could and should act as a catalyst.

I don't think it really works like that, especially as all the land is owned by Peel and the council is as piss poor as ours. This battle in the Labour party to be the next mayor is critical for the city - we need some genuine leadership rather than the complete and utter shit chippy tits has been doing. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me. Leave it as an unused undeveloped shit hole left to fester forever or regenerate the area and make use of it. I'll always put the city ahead of either football team the area now has an option to be useful and improved upon. They should be helping the process.

Fuck them. The people they employed should have foreseen this. It has been excuse after excuse with the dogs trying to bum a new ground. It was never going to be as straightforward as something like Kirkby etc.

I'd be more than happy for them to build a McDonalds on there if it stopped that bunch of twats progressing in any capacity.

As for £500m. Dream on. Throw another £250-300m on top.

Horrible horrible club with a shithouse bunch of dogs as supporters.

Don't let all this cloud your judgement on what they're capable of throwing about week in week out. Murderers, Hillsborough references, wall pushers, other teams kits bought, in bed with the Mancs in The Brick, throwing games against City, Reid, Bellew. The list goes on.

• Upvote 2

So UNESCO, English Heritage and the Victorian society have waded in to oppose Everton's proposed new stadium because it will affect the World Heritage status.

Time for some much needed Evertonian hypocrisy saying that the city should do away with the status because it holds the city back.

But when Liverpool proposed to build on Stanley Park they were up in arms saying Liverpool couldn't build on a Victorian park, that Liverpool had no respect for the area and started petitions to stop the build.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not really sure the stadium alone really provides anything for the area. If it forces peel to do the rest of it, then of course it will, but a random stadium 2 miles out of the city centre next to a shit farm provides nothing of value. 

Didn't you read the report? It's absolutely, definitely, 100%, cast-iron guaranteed to create 10,000 squillion jobs and bring in eleventy-five gazillion dollaridoos every minute.

<sarcasm horn>

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

How do I get a link for this to send this on WhatsApp 

From a PC or Android phone, click on the vertical ellipsis thing in the bottom right, and choose 'Download'. Then in PC WhatsApp click on the paper clip and choose 'Photos and Videos' to attach it to a post, as below. From a phone, go to the download in your browser, click on the ellipsis thing and choose 'Share'.

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I had 5 Live on this morning and that bitter prick Richard Dunne was predicting his Top 4 

Man City 

Man Utd 

Chelsea 

Leicester 

You could virtually hear the bile in his voice as he read it out 

Thing is he is probably spot on....sadly.