You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, razor said:

True, Pidge but this isn't the writer for "Joe" or something like "This is Anfield".

He's in a very prominent job at the national broadcaster - an organisation which prides itself on certain standards.  He's paid out of taxpayers' money (via the licence, obviously).

He will have had a fitful night's sleep last night to say the least.

He posted about 40 times after that faux pas to try to get it off his timeline, and buried.  His daily average is about 10.  Yesterday it was about 60.

As has been said, although he is a Blue, his bitterness never comes through the writing, which I always enjoy.  I wouldn't want to see him sacked or anything like that.  Maybe a bit of community service sweeping up outside Anfield on a matchday.  Or glass collecting in the Albert.

Glass?! Plastic pint cup bastards, they even gave me a sambuca in a plastic half cup once. 

8 hours ago, Mudface said:

Maybe he was trying to send a personal message to another bitter and accidentally replied to that tweet? Fuck knows, but being 'hacked' seems the least likely explanation.

I remember about 10 years ago texting my mate as the derby was due to start “let’s fucking batter these small time cunts” and inexplicably text it to my evertonian dad. Went down well that one. Oh how we laughed…

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Has Danjuma jibbed them off? Blue Twitter suggesting that the loan has been terminated.

Id honestly totally forgot he was even on loan there, given all the furore around him being a great potential player he seemingly couldnt even get consistent game time for this lot.

5 hours ago, Mudface said:

They're massively over represented considering they haven't been remotely relevant for the best part of 35 years and haven't had a genuine superstar since one-season Lineker. Well, aside from about 10 minutes of Rooney before he fucked off at the first chance he got.

You’ve got a very short memory mate:

Cadamarteri was better than Fowler

Jeffers was better than Fowler and Owen

Joey P was better than Ince

Branch was better than Fowler

Graveson was better than Gerrard

Donovan was better than Kuyt 

Pickford is better than Alisson 

Baines was better than every left back ever

”Jags” was better than Carragher and Hyypia

Mirallas was better than Suarez

Deulofeu was better than Coutinho

The list goes on. Hardly scratched the surface there 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Curly said:

Forgot Dyche der lad - way better than that grinning-through-his-false-teeth, sausage eating German prick. Dyche is manager of the season - end of - after being robbed by the sky-6 pressuring the PL to hit us ‘ard as their heads are falling off with the best stadium in world football due to open. 

and DCL looks better in a school- girl’s uniform than Nunez 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Imagine going in the Brick and robbing loads of wallets. Just go the cash machine and all of them will have 1878 as their PIN. 

Like in Trainspotting 2 where they Rob everyone's wallet from the orange lodge pub. 

Ha ha brilliant H. Try as hard as I can but I just can't imagine going in the Brick mate.

13 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I dont actually mind him

I don't either and his reports are very good showing little if any bias. I would call him a quality journalist.

However, unfortunately this point stands. He's like every blue family member, work mate, blue at the bar in the pub, taxi driver. When you engage in conversation with them, you chip away at something in them and release what you knew all along.

They are a bunch of horrible cunts.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Tenfolder said:

Id honestly totally forgot he was even on loan there, given all the furore around him being a great potential player he seemingly couldnt even get consistent game time for this lot.

Think when he signed for them they wanted him paraded around the city, naked on a donkey with a crown of thorns as punishment for choosing Spurs the season before.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Curly said:

You’re forgetting that Jelavic was better than Suarez

• Upvote 2

All the he's better than him shite they come out reminds me of Germany 1. England 5.

Despite my indifference to England, you had to admit it was impressive.

All you could hear from blues was, who gives a fuck?

Move on a bit and Rooney is better than Owen shouts start and there all England fans again.

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What about the brick? 

Villa are second, so the Brick's having a welcome party for their fans with special guest Elton Welsby. He'll be handing out leaflets about PL corruption before giving a talk about how the small clubs need to stick together.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Simbo said:

You’re forgetting that Jelavic was better than Suarez

I was thinking about the Suarez one for ages and Mirallas didn’t feel correct - that was what I was trying to remember. Fucking Jelavic. They are off their fucking heads 

10 hours ago, Anubis said:

Canadian media reported Flair was repaying a loan to 777 Partners at 18% interest.”

I’ve seen this 18% interest number a lot in articles about them. Seems that’s how they make (drain?) money from their own assets too, loaning them money and making hay with the interest. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Villa are second, so the Brick's having a welcome party for their fans with special guest Elton Welsby. He'll be handing out leaflets about PL corruption before giving a talk about how the small clubs need to stick together.

By which he means the likes of Villa and their ilk need to band together to support a classy and dignified big club, who classily and dignifitally have the interests of the small clubs at heart. Unless there is a TV deal which involves the Big Five reaping all the benefits, in which case the small clubs can fuck right off.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Canadian media reported Flair was repaying a loan to 777 Partners at 18% interest.”

I’ve seen this 18% interest number a lot in articles about them. Seems that’s how they make (drain?) money from their own assets too, loaning them money and making hay with the interest. 

Yeah, would make you wonder how that works in a football club, because relegation is a factor. Surely you can't drain money back out quickly enough before completely fucking the club? Unless of course the money going in has come from illicit sources and the mechanism is no more than a laundry?

You have to think through this process they've had with Everton, even if they don't get ownership of the club, they will end up with the stadium.