You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

konchesky back to fulham for 1.5 mill

bonesman

Break down Aqualani assists, 3 against burnley one hit his arse and fell to Gerrard who scored from 30 yards, he fell over against Spurs ball rolled to kuyt who scored a screamer, and there's similar ones, while with Juve this season he's 3 assists and 2 goals in 30 games, is that value for a £17m player with a terrible injury record, show me one fan who thinks Aqualani was value for money and I'll show you a liar, also he earned £1m in wages before kicking a ball for us, great value eh? The lad hasn't played 6 games together in his career, and barely kicked a ball in the 18 months before we signed him, it was a stinker no matter who the manager who bought him, maybe a manager should actually watch him in the flesh before spending his clubs money

I'm not saying he was value for money. I'm disagreeing with the utter bollocks people like you spout when you say how hopeless he is.

I also love how you refuse to accept 1 goal and 6 assists in 9 starts is excellent but gladly put out 3 assists and 2 goals in 30 games as proof of how shit he is. Pathetic.

You claim all these assists are luck or mean nothing yet 6 assists is higher than any amount of assists one of our players has got this season, and he did it in far less games. He's a decent player, not a world beater, not sure why you're always on a desperate mission to try and brain wash people in to thinking he's one of the worst players in the sport.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't disagree with any of post apart from that. A manager should have enough confidence in his chief scout or director of football to identify the right players to bring in.

If you read the book on Geoff Twentyman you'll see how often we'd bring in lads without the manager physically watching them. I know football has changed in terms of games you can see etc but I don't think the point losses all merits because of that.

When spending £17m transfer fee and given a player a contract worth £20m I expect the manager to watch the player I'm the flesh a few times, not buy him on the word of a scout, who couldn't have seem the player play in previous 6 months due to injury, if he ever seen him

I'm not saying he was value for money. I'm disagreeing with the utter bollocks people like you spout when you say how hopeless he is.

I also love how you refuse to accept 1 goal and 6 assists in 9 starts is excellent but gladly put out 3 assists and 2 goals in 30 games as proof of how shit he is. Pathetic.

You claim all these assists are luck or mean nothing yet 6 assists is higher than any amount of assists one of our players has got this season, and he did it in far less games. He's a decent player, not a world beater, not sure why you're always on a desperate mission to try and brain wash people in to thinking he's one of the worst players in the sport.

Have you watched him play this season? I've watched him at least 8 times since November and he's been average at best as have Juve in fairness

When spending £17m transfer fee and given a player a contract worth £20m I expect the manager to watch the player I'm the flesh a few times, not buy him on the word of a scout, who couldn't have seem the player play in previous 6 months due to injury, if he ever seen him

Understandable, just saying that I don't think that a manager not viewing a player before signing him is a real annoyance, as it were.

No, the agenda is clear from other people. Pulverise the signings Hodgson made (who admittedly aren't good enough) when people yearning the return of Insua who can't get in a 12th place in Turkish League side and Aquilani who flopped here and apparently has been poor at Juventus since about October-November. You fail to see that part of things though clearly. Depends who signed them I suppose doesn't it? For the record I don't want Konchesky back here anymore than I want Insua back here. I wouldn't want to be in the ground when an ironic cheer goes up if he is subbed.

You twist logic and shift goalposts and point fingers all without a sense of irony.

Hodgson was an awful appointment and not a very nice man to boot yet you're oh so happy to defend him on most counts whilst reminding us all of your dislike for Benitez.

It's not gonna wash is it really, people don't like to have their intelligence insulted but i guess you're enjoying yourself.

Those saying Konchesky got all the stick he got because he was a poor player and not because of the manager who brought him in might explain this then.

Konchesky played 6 PL games at Anfield we won 4 of them, drew 1 and lost 1

He was not at fault for any of the goals we conceded in these games, in fact he was not even involved in any of them but still the home fans were on his back like that, in those 6 games we actually scored 12 goals so you would think the fans would have better things to do than to turn on one of our players like that.

Those saying Konchesky got all the stick he got because he was a poor player and not because of the manager who brought him in might explain this then.

He was not at fault for any of the goals we conceded in these games, in fact he was not even involved in any of them but still the home fans were on his back like that, in those 6 games we actually scored 12 goals so you would think the fans would have better things to do than to turn on one of our players like that.

And what about his games away from home, or games not in the league?

Do they not count in forming an opinion of him?

You twist logic and shift goalposts and point fingers all without a sense of irony.

Hodgson was an awful appointment and not a very nice man to boot yet you're oh so happy to defend him on most counts whilst reminding us all of your dislike for Benitez.

It's not gonna wash is it really, people don't like to have their intelligence insulted but i guess you're enjoying yourself.

''You couldn't give a shiny shite about Benitez''. Riiiiggghttt. Course not. All I have done is question his transfers tonight in Aquilani and Insua compared to the Poulsen and Konchesky. No dislike there mate. Just a discussion on a football forum. I have read loads of posts on here the last few days and months calling Hodgson all kinds which is obviously fair game for you since you were quiet as a mouse when these insults were being bandied about. Bit like you say I was when Rafa was subject to shall we say, rumours were being spread on here. What was that about agendas again? You were quick enough to pull me up there but not the people who gave Hodgson all kinds of abuse in his time here.

Stop insulting peoples intelligence Coro please. Hodgson was an awful appointment in hindsight, still 110% the right thing to sack Benitez though.

Edited by Juan Galonso

Hodgson was an awful appointment in hindsight, still 110% the right thing to sack Benitez though.

Not saying you are using it here, but I fuckin' hate that argument. Whether we was right or not to remove Rafa has no impact on whether or not his replacement was right. Both are separate issues that aren't linked at all.

It's like when people bang on about wanting Bellamy back before January transfer window. It wasn't the selling of Bellamy that was wrong it was the replacement that wasn't right.

He's not good enough, he was never good enough, and we'll still be paying for the fucker if he comes back.

That.

Who signed him is of little importance to me, the fact that he was shit is, the fact we are still paying his wages - or part of - is fucking annoying.

Oh and now that Mothers day has past, his ma is full of shit as well.

''You couldn't give a shiny shite about Benitez''. Riiiiggghttt. Course not. All I have done is question his transfers tonight in Aquilani and Insua compared to the Poulsen and Konchesky. No dislike there mate. Just a discussion on a football forum. I have read loads of posts on here the last few days and months calling Hodgson all kinds which is obviously fair game for you since you were quiet as a mouse when these insults were being bandied about. Bit like you say I was when Rafa was subject to shall we say, rumours were being spread on here. What was that about agendas again? You were quick enough to pull me up there but not the people who gave Hodgson all kinds of abuse in his time here.

Stop insulting peoples intelligence Coro please. Hodgson was an awful appointment in hindsight, still 110% the right thing to sack Benitez though.

The point of my post is obviously still looking for a way in to your head.

You supported the sacking of Benitez but also the appointment of Hodgson.

You've no right to be lecturing anyone on their behaviour towards Hodgson when you and your pals were no better towards Benitez, arguably worse it can be said.

How daft of you to be on the one hand defending a man who failed in every aspect of the job and quite spectacularly so whilst on the other you insist on criticising a manager who simply didn't fail in every aspect of the job he was asked to do.

Irrespective of whether i luv Waffa or not you continue with the same divisive, tedious, tit for tat, narrow minded nonsense that offers absolutely nothing to any discussion, anywhere, ever.

Hodgson didn't fail because of the supporters or because of Dalglish and shame on anyone who tries to argue that.

Many of those destroying Insua now will be the same ones ripping Rafa to shreds 2 years ago for not bringing him in to the side.

I actually don't think he is a bad player. He showed plenty of promise, and equally left plenty of room for improvement. Entirely acceptable for a 19 year old lad playing his way in to a new country and team.

He was a victim of being overplayed. Young players go through bad patches and there are times when they needed pulling out the firing line. Insua's partner for the LB slot was Aurelio who, as great a player as he can be, spends 75% of every season on the treatment table. That's not Insua's fault. He played pretty much every game last season and suffered at times in a struggling team, he got totally roasted in a few games too. But he still wasn't half as bad as some make out in this thread. He's also not obese as is being made out, he's a stocky lad but he's hardly a Neil Ruddock in the making.

He showed a lot of promise going forward and in my opinion he has enough potential to become a good full back with some coaching and patience. I don't know why he hasn't played in Turkey. I've read that the new coach doesn't favour loan players but I haven't got a clue so I can't comment on that. Maybe he is just totally shit and the potential I saw in him was little more than a flash in the pan. Even so, he's still twice the player that his replacement is. I'd take him back here as a deputy to an accomplished full back next season.

Are you trying to suggest he is a player who adds something to the team and contributes to victories? If so, send us over what you've been bevvying tonight because I could do with some myself.

Many of those destroying Insua now will be the same ones ripping Rafa to shreds 2 years ago for not bringing him in to the side.

I actually don't think he is a bad player. He showed plenty of promise, and equally left plenty of room for improvement. Entirely acceptable for a 19 year old lad playing his way in to a new country and team.

He was a victim of being overplayed. Young players go through bad patches and there are times when they needed pulling out the firing line. Insua's partner for the LB slot was Aurelio who, as great a player as he can be, spends 75% of every season on the treatment table. That's not Insua's fault. He played pretty much every game last season and suffered at times in a struggling team, he got totally roasted in a few games too. But he still wasn't half as bad as some make out in this thread. He's also not obese as is being made out, he's a stocky lad but he's hardly a Neil Ruddock in the making.

He showed a lot of promise going forward and in my opinion he has enough potential to become a good full back with some coaching and patience. I don't know why he hasn't played in Turkey. I've read that the new coach doesn't favour loan players but I haven't got a clue so I can't comment on that. Maybe he is just totally shit and the potential I saw in him was little more than a flash in the pan. Even so, he's still twice the player that his replacement is. I'd take him back here as a deputy to an accomplished full back next season.

Haha, and to think that in the exact next post you want some of what Code was drinking, looking at the above, you are well into that stuff already. Take him back, only if we have a problem getting our pies eaten.

Guest ian garro

I can't believe this shit is still going on. What a load of unadulterated shite - "you didn't support him because of Roy, not because of the fact he's shit... and anyway Insua's still shite", yeah, nice one.

Pathetic.

The point of my post is obviously still looking for a way in to your head.

You supported the sacking of Benitez but also the appointment of Hodgson.

You've no right to be lecturing anyone on their behaviour towards Hodgson when you and your pals were no better towards Benitez, arguably worse it can be said.

How daft of you to be on the one hand defending a man who failed in every aspect of the job and quite spectacularly so whilst on the other you insist on criticising a manager who simply didn't fail in every aspect of the job he was asked to do.

Irrespective of whether i luv Waffa or not you continue with the same divisive, tedious, tit for tat, narrow minded nonsense that offers absolutely nothing to any discussion, anywhere, ever.

Hodgson didn't fail because of the supporters or because of Dalglish and shame on anyone

who tries to argue that.

Practice what you preach Coro. Whatever or however you dress it up you are obviously very sore about Rafa being sacked still despite "not giving a shiny shite" about him. That obviously isn't true now is it.

It is all opinion and conjecture on here. You tolerated the Hodgson abuse while he was here no matter what you say. Maybe if you had gone on the same crusade for Hodgson that you clearly went on for Rafa regarding abuse and innuendo that was being put out there I could level with you but I am the divisive one apparently with the agenda.

Both of them are (thankfully) gone. I wanted Rafa gone and would do a billion times over and I was happy with Hodgson's appointment. I am no expert, I don't have a sounding board or a platform like all these wannabe journalists out there with blogs etc. Just a fan who goes the match like yourself with an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Konchesky deal ranks into insignificance when up against this corker of a transfer. Not that some people would admit it though.

I've never seen a worse leftback play for us than insua, teams actively targeted him as they did with Dossena, konchesky was given more shit as Roy signed him, Benitez signed Josemi Degan Dossena Insua, Kromkamp, all worst players than konchesky and not one of them was abused by there own fans.

But I can totally understand why Hodgson bought him as well. He comes in, sees the squad doesn't have an experienced left back so he buys somebody who has Premier League experience who was part of a solid unit at Fulham in his two years as manager there. He doesn't have the money or even the time to go out and buy someone of a better pedigree with the season almost upon us and a decimated squad. He has to resign the injury-prone Aurelio because of this reason as well.

He sees Mascherano leave then thinks he needs a defensive midfielder to plug a gap in the squad as well at minimal cost, hence the Poulsen signing. Poulsen has been capped 80 plus times for Denmark and Roy thought he could fill a gap and add some experience to the squad, it hasn't worked out as we know but Poulsen is clearly a good pro who is past his best. It wasn't as if Poulsen came from Serie A for 19m now is it?

It was only two years before Rafa broke our transfer record for a defender in Dossena who played in the same position who was totally shocking in his time here. He had played as a left-wing back for Udinese for a couple of years then he just expects him to come into this league and slot in comfortably at left-back.

I honestly don't think Hodgson would have signed these players if he had came into a better situation.

Our last two managers prior to Roy when they have came here have identified a position where they think we need a body just to ''do a job''. Houllier's was Song and Ferri. Rafa's was Josemi. They didn't last long after they signed because they knew they were just plugging a gap until something better came along and both of those managers came into infinitely better situations than Roy Hodgson could ever dream of.

I might be a bit late with this but, uh, here goes...

Guys, he's gone. Get over it.