You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What car do you drive?

jeremy

Y'see my other thought is the Fiesta but it doesn't seem to have had a very good press recently.

I'd be after the new model....in black or white.

Take the Honda any time over anything Ford make now.

Being a rally man I was Ford through and through because of the early stuff they built. Quite frankly they are churning out nothing but shite now.

Mind you the German and Japanese manufacturers might catch them up yet. BMW/Merc build quality dropped drastically about 8 or 9 years ago and over the last 3 or 4 years VAG have been starting to follow suit. Just my opinion of course and talking purely from a mechanical and repair point of view.

The Toyota issues of late weren't half as bad as made out in the press. Every manufacturer issues shit loads of recalls that the press totally ignore. Like anything else, just because a paper has picked it up it doesn't mean it's as big a problem as they say.

I don't remember huge news coverage about the BMW water pumps that started causing engine fires.

I've got a Golf, 160,000 miles on the clock, it's a bit shit, but hopefully it'll last me another 12 months as I'm saving for another 4 months travelling. After that I'll be buying something more suitable for my image as an international playboy.

Cool' date='whereabouts are the family based mate? I used to live in Auckland. Razor (he of the Lou Reed avatar) still does.

Hawkes Bay is down the east coast of the north island, about 5 hours drive from Auckland.[/quote']

I think they live in Waitakere. Its a cousin who is a doctor and ive never met him in person so it will be interesting to see him.

BTW,I drive a 12 and a half year old 2.0 focus with about 145k on the clock. Its a thirsty fucker and is getting a bit rusty too.

Good engine on it though.

Im enjoying using my lads 2004 1.4 clio at the moment although the bite point on the clutch is very high on the pedal.

I've got a Saab at the moment. I liked it when i bought it, now I hate it and want rid.

Went down to a local dealer at lunch to look at a Range Rover Vogue TDV8 he had in, and saw instead that he had this mint S-Class 320

Full history, fully loaded - TVs, the works - mid-size deisel not a bigh drinker, only done 70,000 miles. One owner. only wants £15k for it! Some cunt paid probably £70k for this brand new!

I'm 99% certain I'm gonna go for it when we get back from our hols next week.

They guy is lying if he's telling you it's fully loaded. It's not, and I can tell just by looking at one of the pics. Not that there really exists a fully loaded Mercedes-Benz anyway, but that's beside the issue here.

If you want I'll look it up for you in Daimler's systems and let you know some facts about it. And you can use the missing options to haggle the price.

I've got a Merc C220 and it's the worse car ive ever had. Steering wheel is the size of a tractor wheel, handling is shit, it's sluggish, Satnav looks like its been designed by Fisher Price and its a fucking horrible colour. It looks like a Spanish taxi. On the upside it goes soon.

I can only assume this is a W203. Probably the worst car MB ever built. Get rid.

I've got a Golf, 160,000 miles on the clock, it's a bit shit, but hopefully it'll last me another 12 months as I'm saving for another 4 months travelling. After that I'll be buying something more suitable for my image as an international playboy.

A private jet or a yacht?

They guy is lying if he's telling you it's fully loaded. It's not, and I can tell just by looking at one of the pics. Not that there really exists a fully loaded Mercedes-Benz anyway, but that's beside the issue here.

If you want I'll look it up for you in Daimler's systems and let you know some facts about it. And you can use the missing options to haggle the price.

I can only assume this is a W203. Probably the worst car MB ever built. Get rid.

I've no idea, is a 10-plate. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

I'm due to order my new one and after lots of fucking about with test drives am going for a 5 series. For the first time ever my inability to make a decision had paid of as its the midcycle upgrade is due so I get more free shit such as business media.

• 3 years later...

That's awesome mate. What are your plans for her?

Massive workshop envy going on here. I'd love a space like that to fettle in. True story - I was looking at a 1968 LHD Porsche 912 a couple of years ago. The thing was rotten but the mechanics were tip-top. You can literally buy every re-manufactured  body part from the States these days, so I priced it up - reckoned it needed about £6K spending on it to get it through its MOT, then it was just tarting up after that. Bloke wanted £2K for the car... If I'd had the space, I'd have done it.

I'm due to order my new one and after lots of fucking about with test drives am going for a 5 series. For the first time ever my inability to make a decision had paid of as its the midcycle upgrade is due so I get more free shit such as business media.

I'm quoting this on the off chance that Hades comes in here and reads it

• Upvote 1

I'm quoting this on the off chance that Hades comes in here and reads it

Ha ha.

To be fair it was professional media, does that make a difference?

In the interest of balance I hope those doing up cars immediately dispose of any existing cars as we know that anyone with more than one car is a show off cunt.